Red Bank Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Red Bank

• Nicckie's Profile Photo

Heading to Boston

by Nicckie Written Dec 23, 2009

I was going to a conference for work in Boston and decided to visit my sister in NJ beforehand, since I'd already be on the east coast! The big question was whether to go back to Newark and fly, rent a car and drive or take the train to get to Boston. I feel like short flights are kind of useless because by the time you get to the airport and go through security and wait, you could already be half way to your other destination. Plus, the airport's not very close, so that alone is a hassle. I like the idea of renting a car, although I really wasn't going to need it when I arrived, so logistically, it just didn't make sense. And then there was the train. There aren't very many commuter trains in So Cal and I love public transportation, so I was all over this! I got an Express train that stopped in less cities. It was definitely more pricey than the other tickets, but they also only have a business or first class on these trains, no coach, so you'll be paying a premium anyway. The route was an hour or so shorter and worth it for me, since I wanted to rest in my hotel room upon arrival! There's different types of business cars, too, so once you're en route, you can select a seat in a "quiet" car, which asks for no cell phones, conversation or music, kind of like a library. If you wanna make some noise, then the other cars are for you. They also have plug outlets to charge your laptop, cell phone, etc and sometimes you can get internet connection. I had fun! Enjoy.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 22, 2007

Red Bank Train Station

Not only can you catch a train to Newark, New Jersey or New York City from Red Bank, but obtain information on area events since this is also the Visitor's Center.

Train, bus and ferry schedules, as well as, guides to the area and special events can be found here. There is also a kiosk offering internet connection to various businesses and facilities, enabling one to receive directions or promotional coupons.

The Red Bank train station has been authentically restored and is the site of some local seasonal events, such as the Santa Express Train which runs from Little Silver train station to Red Bank and Menorah Lighting.

We took our grandson on the Santa Train one year and it was alot of fun. Santa and Mrs. Santa rode along with us and we all disembarked at the Red Bank train station in the square and sang Christmas songs.

The trainstation/visitor's center is located on Bridge and Monmouth Avenues, Red Bank, New Jersey.

• Trains

• feline01's Profile Photo

Exit 109 off the Garden State...

by feline01 Written Oct 4, 2002

Exit 109 off the Garden State Parkway. Head east on Newman Springs Road and follow the signs. NJ Transit trains from NYC and from Newark, NJ stop here. Check out www.njtransit.com for schedule.
    Walk. Most of the main sites are on Broad Street/Front Street/Monmouth Street. Parking can be difficult so look for a space in one of the municipal parking lots and put money in the meter or you will be ticketed.

Instant Answers: Red Bank

Comments

Red Bank Transportation

Reviews and photos of Red Bank transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Red Bank sightseeing.