Seaside Heights Things to Do

• Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Seaside Heights

Haunted Mansion

by moiraistyx Written Jul 29, 2012

I love a good haunted house so I couldn't refuse a trip through Funpier's offering. The haunted house was nothing worth mentioning although the people who you go with often make these types of attractions worth remembering. In this case, Richie's cousin Gina led the way through the mansion. She was so funny and scared. Each corner required Gina to move to the other wall and peer around. She cracked me up. At the end of the mansion a man jumped out from a hidden wall. Gina tickled in her pants a little bit as she announced to all of us. Janet, Richie's life long friend, spent the entire trip clinging onto the back of my shirt urging me not to leave her. All in all, this place was hooky but fun because of the company.

The Sling Shot

by moiraistyx Written Jul 29, 2012

This ride is not for the faint of heart. My step son Sebastian braved this ride along with his cousin Alyssa. If you look close at the picture you can see the look of fear on his face. The funniest part of the ride is lift off when the riders get thrown into the air and they let loose the loudest screams. This ride costs $20 a person. If you want to ride you must be at least 44 inches tall with a weight of at least 110 pounds combined with the second rider, if there is one. From what I read at the ride site, riders can be thrown into the air up to 220 feet.

Funtown Amusement Pier

by moiraistyx Written Jul 29, 2012

When I visited seaside heights back in the 80's I made the trip to the boardwalk like many other vacationers. I never would have guessed how the boardwalk would grow and change in the last 30 years. The great thing about this pier is that it is one big carnival. Funtown Amusement Pier has many rides and games for everyone to enjoy. We spent over 6 hours touring the two piers that seaside has to offer. Each pier is nearly the same with the exception of the rides. This is what differs between Funtown Amusement Pier and Casino Pier. While on Fun Pier stop and eat some pizza at 3 brothers and get some soft serve ice cream at Kohr's. I do not suggest eating before riding the rides as you are likely to get ill. Remember your sun block as the rays are strong during the summer months. Bring cash since most of the vendors do not take credit cards. If you want to save on money bring a wagon or a pull cooler with some snacks and cool drinks. During the summer months Funtown opens around 11 AM, not sure when it closes though, I am guessing around midnight. The pier closes down in the middle of September.

• Winch's Profile Photo

The Boardwalk & Beach

by Winch Written Aug 5, 2009

This ain't Santa Monica Pier. Think Coney Island, with a Jersey twist. Two amusement piers (rides, arcades) anchor a half-mile of boardwalk, with the ocean on one side and endless eateries, tee-shirt shops, bars and games-of-chance on the other.

The beaches are wide white sand, well-guarded and relatively clean. But there is a fee to dip your toes in the surf and badges must be worn. (All NJ beaches are private or government-owned.)

People-watching on the Boardwalk is a time-honored tradition. Benches the entire length offer views of either the ocean or the passing parade. A slice of Jersey pizza and a cold beer is only steps away wherever you are. Spin a wheel and win a stuffed animal. Ride an antique carousel. The Seaside Hts. boardwalk is a playground for young and old.

GET A TAN

by moiraistyx Written Jul 21, 2009

Grandpa Rich catching some rays

Nadine and I weren't much for swimming at the ripe old age of 14, so we opted to sit on the beach all day long getting sun tans. We got really dark and read nearly the whole cheerleader series during our week long visit. Nadine was enjoying one of the books when a sea gull pooped on her page. I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself. I do suggest bringing and using suntan lotion.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Ride the Antique Carousel

by cjg1 Written Jul 9, 2009

Liz loves Carousels and this is one of her favorites in Jersey. She came to Seaside Heights with family for years and it has always been a tradition for the cousins to ride the carousel together. So on this trip I had to indulge my girl with a few rides on the carousel.

The Carousel located at Casino Pier. The Carousel is one of the only two surviving American made classic carousels in the state of New Jersey. The carousel is over 90 years old and has a continuously operating Wurlitzer Military Band Organ. The carousel has recently been restored and the handcarved horses have had a "facelift".

$2.00 for one ride
    $5.00 for three rides
    $7.00 for ten rides

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

People watching on the Boardwalk

by KarenandCory Written Jul 25, 2006

Seaside Heights is a great place to people watch. There's the beach bum surfer dudes, city folk from New York, muscleheads, families, teens cruising the boardwalk, some guy mumbling about the Yankees and the Mets, and a group of volunteer firemen trying to put a table on a truck.

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Betta fish & Hermit crabs

by KarenandCory Written Jul 24, 2006

One ball in wins a Betta or Hermit crab.

This game disturbed me a little. For $5 you get a bucket of balls and if you get 1 ball in a little fish bowl, you win a Betta fish or a Hermit crab.
    I've owned several Bettas and am always bothered by the tiny bowls they are sold in. What bothers me about this game is that the average winner of these fish knows nothing about how to take care of a Betta. Or a Hermit crab for that matter.
    These fish are more than just decorations. They should be kept in larger living areas. Plus you have to get them the correct fish food.

Poor fishies...

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Zeppoli! Buy a bag and eat them!

by Hexepatty Updated Sep 9, 2003

I can't believe Steve bought a dozen Zeppoli's. They are like Malasadas... fried dough with sprinkled sugar on them. Do they taste good? As much as ALL THINGS FRIED TASTE GOOD, yeah, I guess they taste good. Are they necessary!? Nah... prefer my fat gained OTHER ways. But I guess it's a Jersey Shore thing to do.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Here is another view of this ride

by Hexepatty Written Sep 3, 2003

That's us up in that there chair...

It was called the "Ultimate" something or other... I forget. But the $20USD price per ticket was enough to almost make me back out. Fortunately for me, someone paid for me to go on it! (God, it's great to be unemployed and LOVED!) This was a pretty wild ride, it went up, and spun around... and in short, pretty darn crazy. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Daring Ride at the Shore

by Hexepatty Written Sep 3, 2003

John and I went on some ride that cost $20USD each. It was VERY high and pretty wild. FUN I call it; crazy others called it. It was probably about 500 feet off of the ground and went round 'n round! LOVE IT!

Instant Answers: Seaside Heights

Comments

Seaside Heights Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Seaside Heights things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Seaside Heights sightseeing.

View all Seaside Heights hotels