Wayne Travel Guide

Wayne Things to Do

• clunker's Profile Photo

by clunker Updated Jul 5, 2010

Located at the entrance of the Passaic County Golf Course, the Dey Mansion was General George Washington's headquarters for a brief period during the American Revolution. The museum won't blow you away, but it has some interest if you enjoy history and it's a quick and inexpensive visit.

George Washington Slept Here! No, Really!
    • Museum Visits

334 Rt 46 E Service Rd, , Wayne, NJ 07470

Wayne Restaurants

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

by BuickMackane Written Jul 31, 2009

One of the things I miss about living in New Jersey is being able to go out with friends for a really nice sushi dinner. So, on a recent trip home, I had initially suggested that we head up toward the George Washington Bridge to one of the 24-hour Korean restaurants for a sushi-sashimi combo like the old days. My friend, however, was now living in Wayne and instead suggested that we try his favorite neighborhood place, Lee's Sushi, in a nearby shopping center. I have to admit that I wasn't expecting anything special at all when we first pulled up in front of the modest storefront restaurant, but boy, was I wrong -- Lee's Sushi is a FABULOUS dining experience! The waitstaff made me feel like I was a celebrity with their friendly and attentive service throughout the meal. My friend is a regular customer at Lee's, and they pulled out all the stops to please both of us. When I go to Japanese restaurants, I always order a sushi-sashimi combo, and my friend orders different types of sushi rolls. We got the usual miso soup and salads that came with our meal, but they also brought out little surprises like oysters to the table, just to entertain us, like an "amuse bouche." Everything was so fresh and delicious! I thought the little decorative container of dry ice on the combo platter was a cute touch, too! For dessert, this was the very first time I'd ever seen Mochi (little ice cream balls wrapped in a sweetened rice confection), and it was a delightful way to end our meal!

Favorite Dish: My sushi-sashimi combo was called the "Lee 1" -- this is the kind of place where you should really let the waitstaff make suggestions, and they correctly told me this would be enough for one person. I didn't pay for the check at this meal, but I asked for a take-out menu which says it's $22.99. Larger portions such as "Lee 2" and so on are also available. If I ever get to visit Lee's again (and I certainly hope I do), I would let the waitstaff suggest a specialty of the house, because there's actually quite a lot to choose from!

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

by moiraistyx Updated Mar 23, 2009

I had last gone to a Hooters when I had gone to Ft. Lauderdale to visit my friend Jason. One night Tony and I just couldn't decide on a place to eat, or what to eat for that matter, so I said, how about wings. Much to my surprise Tony loved that idea. He told me that they had just opened a Hooters in the next town over and wanted to know if it bothered me. Why would it bother me? Of course we went. This Hooters is just like the Hooters I went to in Florida, only the Hooter girls aren't as tan. Anyway, Tony enjoyed some really, really hot wings that burned his lips, while I enjoyed the Buffalo Shrimp. They were really spicy, at least for me, but yummy. We came here a couple of other times just for some appetizers and a pitcher or 2 of Sangria. The nachos with chicken is very yummy and so are the onion rings.

Favorite Dish: ITS HOOTERS FOLKS, GUYS DON'T COME FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE WINGS AND THE BEER

LOL

• Wayne Hotels

6 Hotels in Wayne

Instant Answers: Wayne

Comments

Wayne Travel Guide
Map of Wayne