Views & Lifestyle, Albuquerque

Know about this? Rate It!

Government TV
  • danmike's Profile Photo

Albuquerque BLOGs

by danmike Written Jun 26, 2005

Blog Away

Favorite thing: Blogs are a great way to find out what's going on around town, get in touch with what area people are talking about and take part in their discussions. For fun see:

www.dukecityfix.com - Everything Albuquerque is discussed on this blog - culture, art, music, you name it.

albloggerque.blogspot.com - Johnny Mango's Albloggerque
    A photo filled blog about things going on around town.

www.tenacity.net - Miss Tenacity
    Find out about local restaurants as well as recipes and cooking tips.

m-pyre.blogspot.com - M-Pyre
    What's going on politically is the focus of this insightful blog.

• danmike's Profile Photo

Local Government Public Access TV

by danmike Written Jun 26, 2005

Government TV

Favorite thing: Besides the Weekly Alibi and Crosswinds Weekly, another great way to keep up on what's going on with local culture and politics is the Channel 16 (Comcast Basic Cable), Public Government TV. Streaming video is also available 24 hours a day (www.cabq.gov/govtv).

The station offers live coverage of each week's City Council meetings, County Commission meetings and Police Oversight meetings. Other programs include City Councilors interviewing local citizens concerning important issues involving the City.

Also featured are programs specifically about the City's TriCentennial Celebration and "Duke City Magazine" in which various hosts talk to local artists, business people and involved cititzens,

Programs by and about our local police and fire fighters, wonderful documentaries about our city's history, as well as nationwide urban planning and renewal projects fill out the stations programming.

• bobkw2000's Profile Photo

Don't get in a hurry!

by bobkw2000 Written Aug 17, 2004

Favorite thing: Albuquerque and Rio Rancho are beautiful cities and the desert and mountain views are breathtaking. You will frequently see hot air baloons in the skies in the morning.

The only other thing I would say about this area, is as the title suggests, don't get in a hurry! The pace of life is very slow, from drivers regularly doing 10 to 15 mph under the speed limits, to service in restaurants being quite slow. If you are visiting from a fast-paced city, you'll likely get a little aggravated until you can adjust!

Fondest memory: My Sandia Peak trip is my fondest memory of my visit. The views are amazing. Be sure to read my rip tips, though!

• JamesABQ's Profile Photo

Politics

by JamesABQ Written Sep 24, 2004

Rock Against Bush

Favorite thing: Albuquerque, being a swing state, gets plenty of political attention. Albuquerque tends to lean more towards the left than to the right. If you don't like liberalism you might not like Albuquerque. I like it plenty.

• Music
    • Business Travel

• NYMansour's Profile Photo

NYMansour's General Tip

by NYMansour Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: My fondest memory: I was sleeping in my rental car in a parking lot in Rio Rancho. The night was full of desert night sounds, i.e. coyotes calling! The stars were out, and the hot air balloons were overhead blinking in the night skies.... In the morning I awoke to a car starting....
    A fire-man/EMT....who I wish I could meet again!

• I only had about 5 hours to...

by Doz Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: I only had about 5 hours to look around, but old town was very interesrting! I can't remember the name of the restaurant in old town but alot of the people recommended it.

Fondest memory: I was not there for a pleasure trip. I was in Albuquerque to attend a sentencing hearing for the man who killed my mother, however, everywhere I went the people were very nice and helpful. I am looking foward to going there on a pleasure trip.

• The only good thing about...

by Noogamamma Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: The only good thing about Albuquerque is the night time skys and Block Party which is a big Arcade and playground for adults...If you are in the area, stop by...

The only other thing I like is all the Native American culture and pow-wows you can find the dates and stuff for from their Chamber of Commerce

Fondest memory: http://www.cabq.gov/

• jujub's Profile Photo

Flowers

by jujub Updated Sep 21, 2002

Favorite thing: It's very pleasant on your eyes to come across a bunch of flowers in the middle of pine trees, rocks, trunks and dirt... =)

Instant Answers: Albuquerque