Know about this?
There is a fact that the 30-60 miles an hour winds wip up the dust into a frenzy. I saw this a little bit, but know it could get worse in the wrong forum. Winds in range of 30-60 MPH can make the turf stir up quickly and the dust is usually not that big, but some become real large dust storms
Bring an umbrella
July and August are part of the "monsoon" season, so there is a possiblity of HEAVY rain. And I do mean heavy. In my first three days in town it rained each day and much of it bordered on the "torrential downpour" side of things. So don't forget to bring an umbrella or rainjacket if you are coming during these times.
The weather in Albuquerque is more unpredictable than I imagined. Even through the average temperature in January is between 28-48 degree F, when I was there a couple of days before christmas, it snowed and hovered around 15 degrees F. When I checked the forecast for the following weekend it predicted temperatures around 70 degrees. Be prepared.
All it takes is a few minutes of rain for the arroyos to become raging rivers. It doesn't have to be raining where you are either. If you notice the picture, it's dry and not even raining. Your kids could be playing in the arroyo and suddenly be overcome by a rushing river from out of no where.
- Family Travel
- School Holidays
Albuquerque is in the middle of the desert. Don't underestimate the desert heat. Many people don't realize the danger the heat poses on their bodies.
- Hiking and Walking
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Albuquerque Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Gulmarg Hotels
- Sungai Besi Hotels
- Permatang Pauh Hotels
- Legaspi City
- Adelaide Hotels
- Varanasi Warnings and Dangers
- Krakow Warnings and Dangers
- Cartagena Warnings and Dangers
- Sydney Warnings and Dangers
- Sevilla Warnings and Dangers
- Dubrovnik Warnings and Dangers
- Riyadh Warnings and Dangers
- Dar es Salaam Warnings and Dangers
- Laos Warnings and Dangers
- Guam Warnings and Dangers
- Petra Warnings and Dangers