Belen Travel Guide

Home of Harla Mays Best Burger in Belen!
    Sunset through the tree's, Belen, NM
  • My nephew and I, Belen Railrunner Station
    My nephew and I, Belen Railrunner...

Belen Hotels

Belen Transportation

• Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

by Cruiseone2003 Updated Dec 29, 2007

I needed to get from the North of Albuquerque to Belen to visit a friend for the day so I had the perfect excuse to try out Albquerque's "Rail Runner" which is a rail link from Sandoval County serving Rio Rancho Communities in the North through Downtown Albuquerque and South to Los Lunas and Belen.
    I have to say the ride was pleasant, trains were on time, very clean, the staff were nice and thanked us for riding the rail runner. The train is about 1-2years old and it's taking some getting used to for the locals who normally get around by car.
    I bought a day pass for $3 which is good for unlimited rides for the day;suchadeal! The station in Belen is near the old Santa Fe Railroad station, just a walk across the overpass and you are in downtown Belen, only a 15minute walk.
    If you are flying into Albuquerque (ABQ) there is a bus that will take you to the train station (Bernalillo county/Int'l Sunport) form here you can go North or South.

RailRunner Train, notice Roadrunner motife on side Belen Railrunner Station sign My nephew and I, Belen Railrunner Station Sunset through the tree's, Belen, NM
    • Trains

Instant Answers: Belen

Comments

Belen Travel Guide
Map of Belen