Jemez Springs Restaurants

Hot!
    Allllmost ready :)
    by kymbanm
  • Frying my Fry Bread & pokin' it w/ a stick :)
    Frying my Fry Bread & pokin' it w/ a...

Most Recent Restaurants in Jemez Springs

• Babzz's Profile Photo

Deb's Deli & Mercantile: Great Sandwich

by Babzz Written Feb 28, 2009

Nice locally-run restaurant, very friendly owner and service. We stopped in for a late lunch. After eating a lot of disappointing meals over the course of the week, Deb's roast beef sandwich was a real treat. And she even had real fruit juice (no, lemonade is not juice, thanks!). I'm getting hungry thinking about it again actually.

Favorite Dish: I like how, in addition to a pickle, we were served those spicy, pickled green peppers with our sandwiches.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Roadside vendors :): FryBread!!!! Wooo HOOOOO!!!!

by kymbanm Written Jun 27, 2007

One of the treats of driving through Pueblo lands is the chance to get some Indian Fry Bread!! Most folks who haven't tasted this treat just don't GET why it's so special ... after all it's a ball of dough flattened out and deep fried.

I don't get it either - I just know it's MMM MMMM GOOD!

The roadside vendors at Jemez Pueblo vary, so until you get there you don't know which family won the drawing to use that spot. Each family offers slightly different fare, but all offer Fry Bread! Usually you can also get an Indian Taco, Green Chile Stew, and a few other things as well as water and soda from the cooler.

The BBQ is toward the back of the vendor booth; the open flame and heavy grating heat the oil as well as the stew of the day. There are picnic tables scattered about .. and if you are really lucky you can get one with a teensy bit of shade.

Frying my Fry Bread & pokin' it w/ a stick :) Hot! Allllmost ready :) Mmmmm, stew .....

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Los Ojos Restaurant & Saloon: Burgers, Beer and Pool tables ......

by kymbanm Written Aug 10, 2005

What can I say that isn't in the title of this tip? I usually plan my drive through this area to coincide with having a full meal here at Los Ojos. Styles after an old west watering hole and saloon, this place is kitchsy, filled with locals, and fun .... it has everything I am looking for during a day of escape from my urban life.

One note: you'll want to park on the south side of the building if you or your companions need a ramp and no stairs ... the north entrance does have a few STEEP steps once you enter .....

Favorite Dish: Um, the burgers!!! IMHO, these are the best burgers in all of New Mexico - juicy, large, and covered with almost anything you could ask for - and at a cost of less than $8.00 with a side of fries ..... what more could you want?

Saloon Decor at Los Ojos

Instant Answers: Jemez Springs

Comments

Jemez Springs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jemez Springs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jemez Springs sightseeing.

View all Jemez Springs hotels