Las Vegas Restaurants

Chicken enchiladas (green chilli)
    by toonsarah
  • Chris with his chicken enchiladas (red chilli)
    Chris with his chicken enchiladas (red...
    by toonsarah
    Little Saigon Restaurant
    by Basaic

Most Recent Restaurants in Las Vegas

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Landmark Grill at the Plaza: Great service, great value

by toonsarah Written Jan 5, 2012

Chicken enchiladas (green chilli)

We had planned to try one of the local Mexican restaurants in downtown Las Vegas that were recommended in our Moon Handbook, but that evening there was heavy rain and we decided to eat in the Plaza Hotel’s Landmark Grill instead. From the name we feared it might be a bit posh and expensive, but it proved to be excellent value and very welcoming. We were glad to have ended up eating there. And from the snatches of conversation overheard at other tables, and the mix of customers (young couples, local families, older travellers), it was clear that for lots of people the Landmark Grill is a favourite place to eat in Las Vegas – well worth checking out even if you aren’t staying at the hotel.

Favorite Dish: Our friendly waiter brought us a basket of complimentary bread with oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping, which I always love. Although clearly inexperienced and young (so young that he was not allowed to serve us our beers but had to ask the senior waitress to take our drinks order instead!), he made a real effort to ensure we enjoyed our meal.

From the varied menu (burgers, New Mexican dishes, classic meat dishes, pasta) we both chose chicken enchiladas – I with green chilli and Chris with red. We also shared a house salad, which had a nice mix of leaves and a good blue cheese dressing. With the two beers we paid $30, which was a great price for such tasty food in such pleasant surroundings. The only downside would be that choices for vegetarians seemed very limited.

+++Next tip!+++

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Super Chief Coffee Bar: very cool place

by bocmaxima Updated Apr 4, 2011

Most importantly: great coffee!
    The food is typical of what you might find at a coffee shop: cold sandwiches (mostly vegetarian), pastries and some light breakfast fare.
    This is a new location, and the place was totally re-done, so it's very nice to hang out in. The staff here is very friendly, and it's very convenient to everything.

Favorite Dish: I did eat a sandwich while here, which was delicious, but don't remember the name of it. The coffee is definitely good though.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Little Saigon: Try Some Vietnamese Food

by Basaic Written Jun 29, 2010

Little Saigon Restaurant

Little Saigon doesn't look like much from the outside. The inside had decent decor; but nothing outstanding. I was a little worried the food would not be so good. I ordered the Chow Fun with Vietnamese Sausage. It was surprisingly good. Don't judge a book by its cover; this is a pretty good place. Cheap too!

Favorite Dish: Chow Fun with Vietnamese Sausage.

• RJ1967's Profile Photo

Kochina De Raphael: Awesome Mexican food

by RJ1967 Updated Oct 15, 2003

I was recomended this place by a local man. I cycled in the direction that the man told me to go, but missed it, so I asked someone else. I had to look closer beacuse the place sits maybe 30m off the street.

I went in, sat down, and looked at the menu. Yikes!! $7 for one burrito! I was hungry so I ordered a burrito. When it came it was the biggest plate I've ever gotten. (I almost took a picture just for VTers lol). Anyway, I ate and ate and ate. I only ate half before I could no more. It was awesome!

When I went to pay the bill ($9 for burrito and soda) I asked if anyone ever finished that food. The lady said yes. She says all their portions are that huge.

• Trains

• Routeman's Profile Photo

Route 66 Café and club: Route 66 Café and club

by Routeman Written Oct 4, 2002

The Route 66 Café and club is noted for good food and fun. Members of the Thunderbird club enjoyed an unusual game of darts here during the 70th anniversary of Route 66 celebration. Converted from a filling station, its a great place to get your kicks on Route 66.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Las Vegas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Las Vegas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Las Vegas sightseeing.