Roswell Restaurants

Farleys
    Moon over Farleys
    by toonsarah
    One of the many old signs

Most Recent Restaurants in Roswell

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Farley's: Big interior, nice decor, food for hungry

by jumpingnorman Updated Mar 14, 2013

Farley's Restaurant, Roswell, New Mexico

We already saw the UFO Museum and the art galleries in Roswell. So, we decided it was time for some lunch! We were driving on the main street and saw the usual fast-food eats, but we wanted something different…so we saw this nice looking big restaurant with a sign with a pointed sign which kinda reminded me of Star Trek for some reason…it was Farley’s.

The entrance is nice and we sat at one of the nice couch tables, or whatever you call them that fit all of us. My wife had the Penne Chicken Alfredo for less than $10, and I had the 12 oz ribeye I think. The food was okay, nothing really spectacular but the restaurant looked good.

They have several pizza choices which include El Chincon, a Thai pizza...and even make your own calzone. Fajita's, chicken strips, gorund round and so forth for the hungry traveller...

There was this nice classic green car inside and lots of good décor…with nice comic strips on the wall. The only thing is that there was only one waiter at the time we were there, and he was really busy and obviously understaffed. Maybe because it was lunch and maybe dinnertime they have more people? Or maybe someone called in sick? Oh well, he wait was not that long though and we just filled up ourselves so we can go on with our adventure.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I made a short video of us in Rosell, New Mexico!
    Hope you like this spooky alien video:

JUMPING FAMILY IN ROSWELL!

Favorite Dish: I liked the chicken alfredo.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Not of this World: Internet Cafe in front of UFO Museum

by jumpingnorman Updated Mar 14, 2013

An internet Cafe at Roswell, New Mexico

So, just cross the street and have a snack at this nicely named Cafe -- Not of this World.

But actually, the place is more for just taking snacks and probably buying some souvenirs, rather than for learning more about UFO. They have muffins, pastries and sandwiches.

You could probably learn more about the latest on UFO though through the internet. So, don't be scared to bring your laptops --- even if the connection may not be secure from aliens!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

I made a short video of us in Rosell, New Mexico!
    Hope you like this spooky alien video:

JUMPING FAMILY IN ROSWELL!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Farleys: Lively pub

by toonsarah Written Jan 10, 2012

Moon over Farleys

Farleys was directly across the road from our motel, the Days Inn, and had been recommended here on VT (thank you jumpingnorman). So we crossed the road (carefully – it’s a very busy one) on the evening of our stay and checked it out. We liked what we saw – a lively pub/sports bar vibe, clearly popular with locals as well as visitors to Roswell. Most tables were full, but we secured a good one far enough away from the noisy bar to be able to talk, but near enough to soak up the atmosphere. We loved the eclectic décor, with all the pipework showing, a variety of old signs (see photo three), and even an old car inside!

The menu was fairly basic but varied and we both found something to suit. Chris was pleased to see one of his favourites, a Reuben sandwich, while I opted for “Viva le chicken”, which was a chicken burger with bacon, guacamole and cheese. It was a bit mean with the guacamole but otherwise pretty good, and the fries were excellent. We paid $29 for our two mains and four beers – the Alien Amber was pleasant and went well with the pub-style food, so we had a second one each for dessert!

This is my last tip; if you want you can return to my Intro page

• Red Onion Restaurant: Breakfast---don't miss it!

by leannaaker Written Jul 3, 2009

This is not someplace a tourist would walk into just from looking at the outside, but man, was the food outstanding, and the service efficient and pleasant. The "South of the Border" was a spicy breakfast of eggs, chorrizo, fried tortilla strips, and (by option) green chili sauce). They also have a buffet, and this place was full of locals when we went.

The lady who checked us out was more than willing to give us tips about where to buy kitchy alien souvenirs.

Definitely don't want to miss this place!

Martin's Capital Cafe: Martin's Capital Cafe

by laforstraveller Updated Apr 18, 2008

Best Mexican food in Roswell! I'm originally from Roswell, and never miss an opportunity to eat here! We were in Roswell recently, for just over a week and ate here 3 times. Marty, the owner, is always popping in to chat with the locals and visitors. The food is excellent--the chile rellenos are my favorite. The salsa is made from scratch--I wish I had the recipe--as are the tortilla chips which comes free with your meal. The green chile sauce is the best I've tasted, though my husband swears by the red. Another favorite, which is not on the menu, are the fajitas--which are only served after 5 pm, and when available. So get there early to ensure that you can get them! The service is friendly and this is a great place to bring kids--even those who don't like Mexican food will enjoy it. The sopapillas are huge and come 2 to an order. If you are single--get just half an order.

Prices range from $6.95 to 9.95, and you get a lot of food for your money. I've never left there hungry.

Favorite Dish: Chile rellenos covered in green chile sauce!!!!! I also make sure to get the guacamole which is also prepared fresh.

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo

Burrito Express: Good Mexican "Fast Food"

by laforstraveller Written Apr 18, 2008

This is my second favorite spot in Roswell--Burrito Express. They have excellent burritos and other Mexican fare. You place your order at the window, pay, and then your order is ready within 5-10 minutes (typically 5 min, but 10 min if they are really busy). This is a favorite spot with the locals. You can either eat at the restaurant or take out.

They have two locations--one is on S. Main St by ENMU-R (far South end of town), and one just off of North Main Street on E. College (just East of Main St on North side of College). This is the more central and the larger of the two.

Favorite Dish: Green chile steak burrito--no doubt the best thing on the menu! Their breakfast burritos are good too, but not very spicy. I've tried various other things at this restaurant, but the green chile steak burrito is by far my favorite. I'm drooling while typing!!!

All Restaurants: Listing of Restaurants in Roswell

by laforstraveller Updated Apr 18, 2008

Below is the Roswell Chamber of Commerce's website with a listing (including addresses) of all the restaurants in Roswell. Thought that this would be helpful for all those coming to town for the UFO Festival.

National Chain Restaurants: Chain Restaurants are Poppin' Up

by laforstraveller Written Apr 18, 2008

So many national chain restaurants are popping up along Roswell's Main Street. As a teenager, I would have given anything to have these restaurants available. But, now as an adult who gets to just visit her hometown, I miss the local foods. Roswell has some of the best Mexican food around. Many of them are closing because they can't compete with the national chains. Applebee's, Chili's, and Red Lobster are the three big sit-down restaurants that have moved in. There is also a Farley's, which is a Southwestern chain restaurant. IHOP has moved in, but Roswell did need another breakfast place. I can't totally complain, because the food at these establishments are always consistently good (not excellent), but the food is what you expect it to be. Not mind blowing, but good.

Below is a link of just about every restaurant within Roswell. Please take the time to visit the local shops, before stopping by the chains.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Cover-Up Cafe: Schlock With Your Lunch

by Basaic Updated Jul 26, 2007

Cover-Up Cafe

Okay, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to eat in a place called The Cover-Up Cafe in Roswell, New Mexico. The decor is like a normal diner with the addition of the UFO stuff. The staff wear T-shirts poking fun at the official story that the thing that crashed at Roswell was a weather balloon. I had a decent hamburger and a Sprite. The hamburger was decent sized and I was satisfied. (Please note this tip is not finished).

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Not of This World Cafe: Eat, Drink and Log On

by Basaic Written Jul 24, 2007

Not of This World Cafe

This is a decent place to take a break while touring the town. They have good coffee, well cushioned seating, and a friendly staff. They also offer free wireless Internet access, and have computers if you left your laptop at the hotel. The cafe is located in the center of town near the UFO Museum and other attractions.

They had a sign offering live music on Fridays; but I don't know how good the music is.

Favorite Dish: I just had coffee; but it was good coffee.

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Not of this World Cafe: Not of this World Cafe

by leafmcgowan Written Aug 2, 2006

Inside the Cafe

A local hip cyber-cafe and restaurant in the heart of downtown Roswell, just a block down from the International UFO Museum. Great chai and coffee, friendly staff, comfortable seating, sofas, and games to play ... live music on weekends, this cafe is the place to be and escape from the desert heat, while nestling down with your laptop enjoying free wifi, or renting their computer terminals to catch up with the cyber world. Highly enjoyed. Rating 4 stars out of 5.

• leafmcgowan's Profile Photo

Capital Cafe: Capital Mexican Restaurant

by leafmcgowan Written Aug 1, 2006

A traditional favorite in Roswell history, just off a side street from downtown Roswell (now known as Alientown), is a small hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant/cafe with homemade favorites and the delicious sopapillas as desserts or stuffed as a main course. This visit I had the Tamales and the sopapillas ... very pleased, great service, fresh tortillas n' salsa, but a bit different than what I remember when I used to live in Roswell. Rating 4 stars out of 5.

Favorite Dish: Sopapillas!

• kala6487's Profile Photo

Farley's Food and Fun Pub: Farley's Food and Fun Pub

by kala6487 Written May 26, 2004

Although this is a chain restaurant, it is definitely the hippest place to east in Roswell that I could find. Located across from the New Mexico Military Institute, it caters to the college crowd with a variety of pub food and many beers on tap. We just had appetizer foods but it was plentiful and the service was good considering they had been open 2 months. The decor is hip-alien.

They have 2 other locations in New Mexico - Las Cruces and Ruidoso. Supposedly they are building one in Albuquerque.

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Cattle Baron: MEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!

by Bela_LUng Written May 10, 2004

Well, I was no longer in Texas, and that I ate two steaks while in Texas, it didn't stop me from ordering another one in New Mexico!

The Cattle Baron is a restaurant named after one of the notable people from the days of Billy the Kid in nearby Lincoln (see my travel tips for that place - rock!). So we decided to try it out and drink a lot of beer.

The service here was friendly and had a great atmosphere. We sat in the bar area and chilled out with some relatively inexpensive bottles of Heineken (4 bucks a pop!)....so I drank a lot of them.

For food I ordered the steak and shrimp combo....oh oh....I should of know what would happen. My plate arrives and it's this massive wad of beef and these huge fried schrimp. Crap. I'm drunk and full of beer and now I have a fricken cow to eat and half of seaworld on my plate! Oh, and there's a salad bar too! Damn it!

The prices are a bit higher given that the place is a bit more upscale, but for a good meal, so that was OK by me. I'd definetly go back .

And no, no alien adbucted me while I was taking a whiz in the toilet.

Favorite Dish: Beeeer!

• CATTLE BARON: Keep moooooving!

by justvisiting03 Updated May 7, 2003

I stayed in Roswell for a few days, so I gave this place TWO chances to make a decent impression. They failed! The food in the salad bar was old, so the second night I just ordered a Caesar salad... and they forgot to put on the dressing. We waited over an hour for our meals, and the place was not incredibly busy. They also ran out of Bailey's at 7:30 pm on a Thursday!!!

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Roswell

Comments

Roswell Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Roswell restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Roswell sightseeing.