Silver City Nightlife

The Buffalo Bar
  • Nightlife

Best Rated Nightlife in Silver City

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Buffalo Bar: Where everyone goes ...

by toonsarah Updated Oct 20, 2011

According to the Moon Handbook on New Mexico, “Just about everyone in town mixes at the Buffalo Bar”, so we decided to do the same. It’s an unpretentious-looking (and unpretentious) bar on the main drag, Bullard, towards its southern end. When we first went in and took seats at the bar it was fairly quiet, and it never got exactly busy, but it did liven up and we had a really nice evening here. On the bar maid’s recommendation we drank, and enjoyed, a few bottles of Sierra Blanca, from Carrizozo in the middle of the state- a pleasant lager which unfortunately we never saw again on our trip.

Some locals came in and started a game of pool, as well as putting some coins into the juke-box – and this was just the right setting in which to enjoy their chosen Tom Petty tracks. When we went over to pay for a few tunes ourselves, as seemed only fair, another local came over and insisted on paying, while asking us what we would like – very friendly. We ended up staying for over an hour, despite being a little tired from our first day’s driving (and being still on English time). Do drop into the Buffalo Bar for a drink if you’re in Silver – I’m sure you’ll get a warm welcome too.

Dress Code: This isn’t the sort of place that has a dress code, but if you’re done up all fancy you’ll probably feel out of place!

In the Buffalo Bar The Buffalo Bar Harley outside the Buffalo Bar
    • Beer Tasting

• Basaic's Profile Photo

The Watering Hole: Nice Place to Drink, Watch Sports and Meet People

by Basaic Updated Apr 21, 2009

The Watering Hole is a small club with TVs for watching sports, light food, and good drinks. It is in the same building as the Red Barn Steakhouse and the same parking area as the motel where I was staying. The waitress changed the channel at the request of some patrons so you can watch what you want. When she poured my rum and coke she was generous with the rum. I struck up a conversation with the guy near me at the bar and ended up having a nice two hour talkwith him and his two coworkers. The waitress, Helen, was friendly too. She was a Nursing Student at WNMU.

Dress Code: Casual seemed to be the key word.

TheWatering Hole Helen, She Rocks and Rules
    • Singles
    • National/State Park

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Silver City Brewing Company: Just Great Beer

by bocmaxima Written Mar 21, 2006

The first thing I have to mention is that the name of this place is rather misleading: the beer is not actually brewed here, but rather in nearby Socorro at Socorro Springs Brewery.
    The next thing I have to mention is that this is some GREAT BEER. I was looking for something special, and I certainly found it. I had their porter and their scotch ale, then, when I normally try another just get a sampling, I went back to their porter. I just couldn't get enough of it.
    Now, you could, of course, get the same beer in Socorro, and probably a little fresher variety. However, the new brewery/restaurant Socorro Springs has built isn't really to my taste. It's a little posh, and closes at something like 11pm. Silver City Brewing Company is an actual bar, with big TVs, a nice patio area, karaoke some nights, and a real Silver City atmosphere.
    It is down the street from the college, but the crowd there was very mixed. And although they put NASCAR on the TV, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and will go back again the next I'm in town.

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Buffalo Bar: The Ultimate in Southwestern Dive Bars

by bocmaxima Written Mar 21, 2006

Take Saint Elmo's in Bisbee, or any other relatively famous, old mining bar, then take away the tourists, and you have Buffalo Bar.
    This is a true dive, frequented by the hard-line cowboy types who live in Silver City. The beer selection is definitely lacking, but you shouldn't come here if you're looking for a microbrew or anything foreign.

Dress Code: No Suits, Slacks or Polos. Anything but scrappy will get you looks.

• Personaly I don't drink, but...

by 7dolphin7 Written Oct 5, 2002

Personaly I don't drink, but the Buffalo Bar is a historic Saloon in downtown Silver City. Cruising Main is a big pass time for the youth with customized cars and trucks. Friday and Saturday nights are best for viewing these.
    Billards, Dancing, Meeting floks, and beverages are all in an old west setting. Must be 21 to enter.
    Cruising consists of lod classics to the modern low rider with the Boom Boxes.

Dress Code: Buffalo Bar is informal, just make sure you have shirt, shoes, pants/dress that is appropriate in public.

• mhellman's Profile Photo

Twisted Vine/Silver City Brewing Co.: Two Friendly Places

by mhellman Written Jun 11, 2005

There isn't a whole lot of nightlife in Silver City, but there are two places that I can suggest: The Twisted Vine, and the Silver City Brewing Company.

The Twisted Vine, at 108 E. Broadway (between Bullard and Hudson Sts.), is a pleasant wine bar, specializing in New Mexico wines. You are welcome to sample before buying, and wine is served by the glass; bottles of wine and gourmet food items are also available. There are several rooms to sit in, and an outdoor deck overlooking the Big Ditch. There is live music several nights a week.

The Silver City Brewing Company, at 101 E. College Ave. (at the corner of College and Pope) is a bit more lively. Eventually, the beer will be brewed on the premises-- but in the meantime several regional breweries are featured. The best pizza in town is served here, and this is pretty much the only place that serves pizza and beer together.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Silver City

Comments

Silver City Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Silver City nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Silver City sightseeing.