Ballston Spa Travel Guide

Ballston Spa Hotels

Ballston Spa Restaurants

• jhaines1988's Profile Photo

by jhaines1988 Written May 30, 2009

I work in Ballston Spa and when Russell’s Deli opened its doors last year they brought something to lunch that had been missing since the Pickle Barrel closed. They have hot specials and if you want dessert they have cannoli and something new italian ice. The best thing about Russell's is they remember you when you come in, even if you haven't been in for a few weeks. Other places I have frequented in town have looked at me like I had never spoken to them when I walk in the door.

Favorite Dish: The Tarragon Chicken salad is awesome, it's only a summer salad and I missed it all winter and was very happy to see it back. Something a little different a Panini made with fried eggplant, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and pesto mayo.

• by gianna99 Updated Jul 10, 2006

If you want great customer service, delicious home-cooked Italian food, and for dessert, a fresh made cannoli, then Jimmy's Pizza & Pasta at the shops of Malta is for you!!
    They also have an excellent and reliable home delivery service for locals.
    They are open 7 days until 11am to 11pm. The prices are reasonable and the food is great. Who could ask for more?

Favorite Dish: There really are no favorite dishes because everything is so good. It just depends what mood you're in.
    Every item on the menu is sure to please any palate.

• by gianna99 Updated Jun 26, 2006

My family and I dined at the Ripe Tomato Restaurant in Malta, NY on Sunday June 25, We were charged $44.90 for two adult buffets and one junior buffet. We had poor table service. Due to not feeling well, my 4 year old child did not finish her meal. I asked the waitress for a box to take the rest of it home. The waitress stated that she could not provide a box.. The owner of the Ripe Tomato Restaurant came to our table to reiterate what the waitress said. My husband carried my daughter to the car. I paid the bill. Upon leaving I told the owner that I thought it would be nice if my daughter could have taken home the rest of her meal. The owner/manager then began to falsely accuse me of stashing food in my handbag. (of course, I did not do this! It is unsanitary!!) Another thought: Why would I be stealing food if I had just asked for a box to take my daughter's unfished meal and dessert home? I was enraged that he would falsely accuse me a few times loudly in front of other customers. After denying his accusations a few times, I also loudly in self-defense asked him to look into my purse to see if there was any food there. He refused to look. Then he started to make accusations against my husband. Now my husband had already carried my daughter out to the car. He certainly did not take any food!! This is a case of defamation of character. The owner of this restaurant should issue a public apology for his false accusations and defamation of character to a paying customer!!! I told the owner/manager that I had been a regular paying customer and that he just lost a regular customer. He stated that he wouldn't expect anything less as he abruptly escorted me out the door. His behavior was rude and unprofessional. No paying customer should be treated so poorly! In fact, no human being should be treated that way. This restaurant is not child friendly!!!
    If you are planning a visit to the Malta or Saratoga Springs area, do not go to the Ripe Tomato. The Ripe Tomato is a Rude Tomato.

Instant Answers: Ballston Spa

Comments

Ballston Spa Travel Guide
Map of Ballston Spa