Binghamton Restaurants

by alarrivee

Most Recent Restaurants in Binghamton

• Midtown Cafe: Delicious and homemade

by alarrivee Written Jun 20, 2011

This restaurant was great, it's owned by a Trinidadian woman who use to teach home economics. She makes everything fresh and is so friendly. When I visited there was homemade chicken gumbo soup, and she gave us a free cookie since it was our first time in her cafe. It's small but has an inviting feel. Unfortunately, it's only open from 11-5 Monday through Friday, but the owner is willing to stay open later if you give them a call. We stayed in her cafe until around 6.
    I enjoyed my experience here and promised the owner that I would spread the word about this little gem in Binghamton, so that's exactly what I'm doing.
    Here is her website and blog of the restaurant
    website: https://sites.google.com/site/midtowncafebing/home
    and blog: http://cafemidtown.wordpress.com/
    and facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Midtown-Cafe/169447613074116?sk=info

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Gumbo soup was homemade and had just the right amount of spice for a kick.

• kooka3's Profile Photo

Theo's: voted best barbecue in town

by kooka3 Updated Apr 4, 2011

My friend and I decided to try 1 new place a week, and Theo's was first on our list. It boasted a big sign out front that said it was voted #1 BBQ in town in a Reader's Choice poll.

It's in a tiny building that doesn't look like much. The tables aren't fancy, but they do the job! Besides, most people order their food for takeout.

They are open Mon-Thurs 11am-9pm; Fri-Sat 11am-10pm; Sun 11am-7pm

Favorite Dish: I got the beef bbq sandwich and she got the pork bbq. Both were excellent, no doubt due to the great sauce they have going on there. The corn bread was FANTASTIC! However, the mac and cheese side (what she got) was ok, but nothing to write home about. The potato salad (my side) was pretty good.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Burger King: needs a good cleaning

by davecallahan Written Apr 20, 2007

I am not a great fan of fast foods in general (although I do like the Wendy's salads) and this particular fast food place is probably well down on the list of places I would stop at again.

We had been driving a while and were in need of some quick sustenance so we stopped here because it was the first place we spotted when we got off I-81.

There were chunks of food on the floor (looked like mushed french fries) and coffee stains on the tables and one bin of napkins was completely empty. Fast food doesn't have to mean low quality service.

We mentioned the issues to the counter person and they just nodded and said "we'll get someone on it". But we ate our burgers there (hungry fools that we were and they did fill us up) and used the restrooms (which were surprisingly clean). And still the food mush was on the floor when we left.

Maybe it was just a day when they were short of help or maybe a mob of people had been in there just before we got there.... (but I don't think so!)

• Sabaidee: Sabaidee- Best Thai around

by Elinachka84 Updated Mar 12, 2007

This place is great. I love thai food and therefore have visited most of the Thai places around Binghamton. None of them compare to this great place. It's roomy inside, the decor is nothing special, but they make up for that with wonderful service and delicious food

Favorite Dish: Vegtable Soup, Pineapple Curry

• LaraAnn1081's Profile Photo

Niko's diner: Dinerlicous

by LaraAnn1081 Written Feb 2, 2007

I think this diner is supposedly polish, but I'm really not sure. Anyway, I really always get the same thing. A speedie sandwhich. If you have never had a speedie you are MISSING out. Also check out the deserts.... the look good when you come in the door and taste just as yummy.

Favorite Dish: SPEEDIE SANDWHICH!!

• LaraAnn1081's Profile Photo

Cortese Resteraunt: Authentic Italian

by LaraAnn1081 Written Feb 2, 2007

I actually crave this pizza. My grandma lived in Binghamton and the only thing my sister and I ever looked forward to was the food. Mr. Cortese was a friend of the family so we seemed to eat here a lot! (Which is fine by me!!) Everything is wonderful, but the last time I was there someone ordered a white pizza with spinach and a white sauce. It was one of the best things I have ever had! Highly highly recomended! You can also no order a pizza online to have delivered to your home!

No. 5: exceptional food

by kooka3 Written May 4, 2006

No. 5 restaurant

This restaurant is about as upscale as you can get in Binghamton. The food is excellent, as is the service. There are 2 levels to this - the first floor has the bar and tables, and tends to be a little bit more casual. The 2nd floor has just tables. The regular menu is pricey, but the food is worth it. The bar menu also has good food, but is much more affordable.

The first Thursday of every month, they do a lady's night, and do some other theme nights occasionally, too.

The restaurant is located in an old firehouse. It has unique decor and even the original fire pole still in place.

Favorite Dish: The barbecue sandwich is good, and the cobb salad is to die for!

The bartenders are particularly good at coming up with new drinks if you tell them the sort of thing you like.

Save room for desert!

Delgado's Cafe: Decent Tex-Mex food

by kooka3 Written Mar 25, 2006

I had been meaning to try this place for a long time and finally got there. The place is a lot bigger than it looks like it is from the outside. There is a small bar area in front and a large dining area in back. (You can eat in the bar area, too, if you want).

The bar is fairly dim and decorated like your typical bar. The dining room is more brightly lit and decorated like a typical Mexican restaurant.

Service was decent. We got chips, salsa, and water quickly after we sat down. The waitress was very nice, and we got our drinks quickly as well. Wait for food was about average, but she forgot to bring the salad that went with my friend's meal - but it was a Friday night, so maybe she was just busy!

The place was a little noisy, even though it wasn't full, but it wasn't difficult to have a conversation or anything.

Favorite Dish: I got a steak fajita quesadilla and it was excellent! I don't know what the marinaded the meat in, but it was so good. My friend got a chicken burrito, and it was so big she couldn't eat it all!

The prices here were a little more expensive than normal, but the portions were huge, and the margaritas were to die for! If you like margaritas, go here! They have about 10 different flavors, including things like tangerine and kiwi. They come in large and small sizes.

They have happy hour from 4-6, and during the week, they often have something on special all day (Mon and Tue - reduced price margaritas, Wed - reduced price Rum Runners).

• kooka3's Profile Photo

Christy's Grill: Wonderful Steak!

by kooka3 Updated Dec 4, 2005

This restaurant is great - I've been there twice, and the food has been wonderful both times. Service is quick, menu isn't huge, but extensive enough to meet different tastes, and the atmosphere is nice.

They serve some of the best bread I've ever had in a restaurant. They also have a decent selection of beers and mixed drinks.

Prices are a bit higher than average, but it's worth it.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a couple different steaks, and had tastes of friend's dishes. Everything was great! They were cooked perfectly and sauces were flavorful but not overbearing.

Los Tapatios: Check out the Fajitas

by kooka3 Written Apr 24, 2005

The food here is really good, and the portions are huge. I went with a group, and everyone enjoyed what they had. The fajitas were different than what I was used to - Instead of having the meat and veggies separate, they were all grilled together. The pieces were actually bite-sized, too so they weren't falling out of the tortilla. The only down side is that they didn't bring nearly enough tortillas - but when we asked for more, they had more out to us within about a minute and a half! Service in general was excellent! The people were very nice, attentive, and quick.

The ambiance is ok - it could've been really great, except for all the paper streamers in the Mexican flag colors . . . oh well.

Favorite Dish: I've only had the fajitas so far, but intend to go back to try more. Another person in the group had enchiladas and liked them.

Their homemade tortilla chips are addicting!

Almost every dish on the menu was between $6 and $10. Lunch and combo dishes were usually $5-6.

South Side Yanni's: Great atmosphere, decent food, good alcohol

by kooka3 Written Dec 25, 2004

This is a nice place to go if you want to hang out with friends and either eat or drink. They have a good sized bar with lots of wine and beer choices. It's probably the best wine selection I've seen at a bar in the area. The prices are very good for wine, too - from $3 to $5.50 per glass. They have lots of beer, too.

The restaurant has a great atmosphere. The floors are wood, the walls are brick, and it's not crowded, even though it's not a huge room. About half the room is the bar area, and the other half has tables.

Favorite Dish: I've only been there once so far, but I plan on going back a lot. I tried the gyro, and it was decent - a bit light on the tzitziki sauce. Although it was great to have some Greek food, this wasn't great Greek food. However, a friend had a burger: she said it was very good. Two friends got wings - there were about 8 different sauces to choose from, and they both loved what they got.

The prices are all very reasonable.

Sadawee: Don't bother

by kooka3 Written Nov 21, 2004

This is one of only a couple Thai restaurants in the area, so I had high hopes for it, so I wouldn't have to take a trip to Ithaca or Syracuse for really great Thai food. However, this was the WORST Thai food I've had!

If you like bland food, take the trip. Otherwise, go somewhere else. The Thom Kha soup was really bland - it tasted like just the coconut milk with no spices in it. The Pad Thai had ketchup in it! EEWWW! It was like a Thai version of spaghetti - with bean sprouts. Not good. The curry was decent, but wasn't spicy at all, even though we ordered it hot.

Definitely stay away from the Pad Thai if you go; the other stuff was ok if you aren't into the Thai flavorings.

• liqdstar's Profile Photo

Cyber cafe

by liqdstar Updated Aug 29, 2004

Cyber cafe is the most comfortable coffeehouse I have ever been to. Its decorated with large cozy sofas and chairs, very "central perkish"
    You can spend hours here with just one cup of coffee. Great place to meet up with friends, go on a date (this is where I had my first real "date" with my current boyfriend of 5 years), or study in during the day.

The sandwiches are pretty good too.

They also have a small gift shop with nice candles, soaps, etc.

• liqdstar's Profile Photo

Lost Dog Cafe

by liqdstar Written Aug 29, 2004

This place is delicious. They have a pretty yummy menu, and good coffee and dessert too. Wow writing about it actually make me miss college!
    It can get crowded on weekends, so if you're in a large group, get there early.

they make a pretty good veggie burger!

The Ale House: Got Beer?

by kooka3 Updated Jun 20, 2004

Well, this is a typical small pub - with the exception of having about 60+ beers available.

If you think you'll be hanging out there fairly often, try their "World Tour" challenge. They give you a card with their beers listed. Once you get through 35 of the beers they have on tap, you get a free beer and a glass with their logo. When you get through 60 beers (including at least 1 type of bottled beer from each country they carry), you get a sweatshirt and your name on a plaque on the wall.

They run a few tap beers on special all day on Mondays and between 4 and 6 on other days. Those beers are $2 a pint. Most regular prices run $3.50-$3.95 a pint. Happy hour is definitely the way to go!

The decor is typical pub decor - long bar, a few tables, dark wood. People are very nice and service is great. This is a great place to hang out with friends.

Favorite Dish: Well, there's a limited menu to chose from - burgers, nachos, etc. The burgers are good, and the pizza is excellent! However, they only make pizza after 6pm. Try their white pizza.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Binghamton

Comments

Binghamton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Binghamton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Binghamton sightseeing.