Binghamton Mets - AA
You can come here and see the Binghamton Mets play. They are AA and have had some players come through worth watching. Just something to do when I'm in this area of the state and want to watch a game. Not that I am a Met fan at all. But hey. Who cares at this level.
Places to go:
1) Binghamton Country Club: 1401 Robinson Hill Road, Endwell. 797-5828
2) Apalachin: S. Apalachin Road off of Pennsylvania Ave. 625-2682
3) En-Joie GC: 722 W. Main Street, Endicott. 785-1661
4) Ely Park: Upper Ridge Road, Binghamton. 722-7231
5) Traditions at the Glen: Watson Blvd, Johnson City. 797-2381
6) Conklins Players Club: Conlin Road, Conklin. 775-3042.
places to Mountain Bike
If you like to Mountain Bike, upstate NY is a great place to do it - plenty of hills and great views as a reward for your hard work! In the Greater Binghamton area, try these places (all within about 30 minutes of the city):
- Oakley Corners State Forest (off 38B)
- Jenksville State Forest (near Newark Valley)
- Chenango Valley State park (See my tips page on this for directions)
- Pine Creek Rail Trail
- Binghamton Brick Yard (accessible off Old State Road)
- South Vestal area (between Jensen and African roads off of Route 434/Vestal Parkway)
- Sate Game Lands No. 38 (just south of the NY/Penn border between Windsor and Deposit, east of Binghamton)
- Foley Road (South Vestal)
AA Eastern League baseball
Check out the Binghamton-Mets (The B-Mets) play at NYSEG stadium. They are an affiliate of the NY Mets. There are about 140 games between May and September. Night games are at 7, day games are at 1:30. Tickets are normally $8 for box seats and $7 for reserved and grandstand seat. Tuesday nights often have specials like 2-for-1 tickets, beer, and/or hot dogs. The stadium has a seating capacity of about 6,000.