Bronx Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Bronx

Rambling House: Woodlawn Pubs

by cjg1 Updated Oct 11, 2010

Bessie, Rob, Liz & I

The Rambling House was my favorite local Pub when I lived in the area. It is owned by the same people running Rory Dolan's in Yonkers. But we never go to Rory's anymore.

The pub was only a couple blocks from where i lived so it was a nice easy walk without the worry of driving. The service here is always top notch and the selection of drinks is great. Add to that the food and you’ve got yourself a certain don’t miss. And if you’re here on a Sunday you should definitely try the mushroom soup. We often come here (even though it's not my neighborhood anymore) to hang out with friends or meet up with my brother in law. It's always a good time with good drinks, food and entertainment.

Open every day of the week from 10am to 4am they provide entertainment most nights. Tuesdays are always karaoke nights with a live band playing the songs and letting people sing. Thursday through Sunday they have live bands or DJs. There are plenty of TV's going so there is always a sporting event to watch from baseball, tennis, hockey, football and even horse racing. It's always an intersting people watching spot with an odd array of individuals especially as the hour gets later and their drink count increases.

Dress Code: How ever you want. People dress casually most of the time. And you will always have a diverse selection of dress here. Nothing is not allowed that I know of.

• Singles

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Bridges: A Bar Hopping We Go...

The bar with tvs showing the game

We sure did our rounds this night. A cross the street from Tosca's is this small bar that has a few table on the sidewalk with a really small bar and an area to dance in. The bar is really small and there were quite a few people here when we came by. Deb and I decided to stop here and check it out and order a quick drink. The have a dj and a few tvs showing the games. We ordered our drink, chilled out and decided to go back to Tosca's for a few more drinks.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

The Wicked Wolf: Having a few drinks with the girls...

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 31, 2009

The Wicked Wolfe is a huge Irish bar/restuarnat with a really nice bar and even a small dance floor in the back. We wandered in here after making our rounds for what we called our last call. Deb, Cindy and I walked in and decided to hang out at the bar. The place was a bit dead, except for a few people at the bar and a few people eating at the outdoor sidewalk seating area.

It's a really nice bar and we definitely plan to come by again when we have more time to hang out.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Latin Kitchen: Food and drinks are good and the music is kicking!

The ceiling, quite nice

The Latin Kitchen is a restaurant with a nice bar that turns into a cute "club" after 12:00 am. They have a dj spinning some great tunes and the bar is a great place to hang out.

We recently stopped by to check out the scene as the musice from the place was rocking. There is no cover charge which is a good thing. As you enter the bar is to your left some scattered bar tables to your right. Behind the bar is the dinning area which turns into a small dance floor.

We had a great time listening to some of our favorite tunes enjoying a few drinks too!

Martini Lounge: Nice local place with good music

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 31, 2009

The Martinin Lounge is a nice local lounge located here in the Throgsneck section of the Bronx and its a good place to grab a few drinks, hang out on one of the many comfy couches and enjoy the music.

The lounge is quite small with a bar to the right and a bunch of velvety couches dark walls and some nice chandeliers. The vibe is nice and casual and recently during our "bar" hopping in the area we decide to stop in and check out the scene. We ordered our drinks and the bar and had a seat at one of the couches and enjoyed ourselves while listening to some really good music.

Tosca's Rooftop: Good drinks, views and atmosphere

by Gypsystravels Updated Jul 14, 2009

We love coming to this place, especially during the summer time when the roof-top deck is open. The views of the Throgsneck Bridge are quite stunning when you have a clear beautiful night.

We decided to stop here and enjoy a great evening and a few drinks with friends before moving on to another place. Tosca's is a restaurant/bar/lounge and whether you are here to enjoy a great meal, hang out with some friends, or with that special someone, you will definitely have a really good time.

There is a full bar at the roof top, scattered tables to enjoy a meal or a quick bit, and some scattered sofas with a few cabanas. The atmosphere is quite casual trendy and the drinks and music are good.

Deb and I decided to hang out at one of the sofas and order a few drinks. We each ordered a mojito which was quite yummy.

Dress Code: Casual trendy, but there were a lot of people with shorts with flips and sneakers...but everyone looked well presented (not sloppy).

Rambling House: Local Bar/Pub

by Gypsystravels Updated May 12, 2008

For a short time I lived a few blocks from the Rambling House, or the House as it is referred to by most people. We would come here quite often any day of the week to meet up with friends or after a ball game for a few drinks and maybe a bit to eat. The location was ideal as it was just a few blocks from our apartment which didn't require any driving (especially if there was drinking involved).

The House is a more upscale typical Irish Bar serving decent food items. I've had a variety of their dishes including the quesadillas, steak sandwich, wraps (these were so yummy), fries with the specialty sauce, and of course their mushroom soup. You can have your drink and meal at their large dinning area or just sit at the bar. They also offer a wide range of beer on tap, bottled beer and of course mixed drinks.

The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and during the weekends they do have live local bands.

My favorite time to visit was during the quiter Sunday afternoon time for their very tasty mushroom soup which was offered only on Sundays. I moved from the area to Manhattan in May 2006 and have been to this bar only once in early 2007.

Dress Code: As you are, no particular dress code

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo

The Rambling House: A great Irish pub (Bar / lounge / restaurant)

by irishgalmtl Updated Dec 14, 2006

The Rambling House

The Rambling House reminded me of being at home in a pub..
    It was a comfortable place as If I was In a pub In Montreal very relaxing atmosphere.
    And no matter what I had eaten there the food was absolutely great. I had a turkey club for the first time which I had never heard of which was fabulous.
    I recommend that you try there food.
    There is live band from Thursday evening, Friday evening & Saturday evening.
    I would definitely go back there again.

Dress Code: Casual come as you are comfortable.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

The Rambling House: HOT SUMMER NIGHTS WITH FRIENDS

by moiraistyx Written Nov 2, 2006

The summer of 2005 was definantly one to be remembered. Some of my funniest memories from that summer are of me, Eric, Rob and Kevin hanging out at The Rambling House (The House), talking, drinking and just having a plain old good time. There was even a time when Rob asked me to teach him how to shimmy, which I happily obliged. He came out of the bar with a new appreciation for my ability to contract and release my buttocks muscles. All I ever got to drink here was beer and/or pop and ice tea. They do offer a bar menu here. The chicken nachos are excellant as is the cream of mushroom soup.

Dress Code: casual

Woodlawn Cafe: Quick drink on the way home

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

My first time we stopped in this little latin cafe on the way home from a meeting in the city. Just stayed for a couple drinks but checking out the pool and the music and such. Now we frequent it on our way to or from games at the stadium. Service is always good and I've never felt out of place in here.

Ballpark Lanes Bowling Alley: Near Yankee Stadium Pubs

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

This is THE place to go before, during and after a Yankee game. Staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. Yes I said during. No drinking in the bleachers so if there are extra tickets for sale spend the extra $10 and buy another to be used as a "beer pass" around the 5th inning. They will always be glad to see you and take good care of your interests.

Dress Code: No Boston or Mets gear. Hey i warned you now. I dont want complaints later about this.

Behan's: Woodlawn Pubs

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

This is a Public House/Club that on some nights has a younger crowd for dancing as opposed to hanging out in a pub with friends talking. We do come here now and again. Being across the street from the Rambling House it is usually our first stop on the nights we decide to go beyond the house. It is very dark inside at night and might be a little off to your regular tastes. But that is just my personal opinion.

Dress Code: Anything goes but realize on most weekend nights and holiday's most women will be wearing dresses and the guys will be dressed up.

Jimmy K's: Woodlawn Pubs

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

A nice local pub with several tv's spread throughout. They carry live action from Ireland and England as well as events like Sunday ticket.

The service is here is keyed to locals first and Irish but they wont be rude to you or ignore you. You'll just wait a little longer. Its not a bad alternative if you don't want to bother with the Rambling House on a given night.
    They also have a restaurant behind the bar that serves I believe until 10pm. I have never eaten here. Just pointing out that it is there if you find yourself hungry while at the bar.

Dress Code: Whatever. Dress as you feel. Just remember other patrons may be less forgiving than the staff.

Norwood Pub: South Woodlawn/Norwood

by cjg1 Written May 2, 2003

We used this smallish local pub for our first Bronx VT adventure. So hard to consider them meetings at this point.

But the Pub food was good. The atmosphere was fantastic. One man with a guitar was the live entertainment covering rock from the 60s and 70s. Older crowd that night and it was fun to watch them dancing and having fun.

Dress Code: Anything you would want to be seem in is good here.

Instant Answers: Bronx

Comments

Bronx Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Bronx nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bronx sightseeing.