Bronx Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bronx

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Hawaii Sea Restaurant: Chinese & more

by Gypsystravels Written Apr 17, 2008

Whenever we're in the mood for some really good Chinese/Sushi place with some killer drinks we come here. Their pu-pu platers are outrageous and so is their chicken or shrimp teriyaki!! If its sushi you want, try their boat, with a variety of sushi and sashimi!!

Favorite Dish: Start with the pu-pu platter, and definitely order one of their drinks...the Witch Doctor will definitely take away what ails you!

• meganavery's Profile Photo

Roberto's: Authentic Italian!

by meganavery Written Apr 17, 2008

Even the Michelin guide couldn't ignore this gem! All pasta is done on the premises and is so fresh and delicious. The waits can be crazy...especially if there is a Yankee's game going on. But it is worth it! The bread is from a bakery around the corner and it's so good. It melts in your mouth with the amazing olive oil and fresh pasta. I do not normally go out to dinner and order pasta but here I make an exception!

Favorite Dish: I cannot choose just one thing! It's all so good. Osso Bucco and the Risotto are great specials. Always have a hard time deciding...

Farfalle ai funghi porcini
    Bowties with dried porcini mushrooms, parmigiano, and a touch of cream

Penne alla vodka
    Penne in pink vodka sauce with pancetta

Orecchiette con salsiccia e broccoli di rapa
    Orecchiette with Italian sausage and broccoli rabe sautéed in garlic and oil

• Cross Town Diner: Stay away.

by AisyDaisyLady Written Jun 7, 2007

Were what I called "politely rude". Refused to serve a very minor request, citing a "health code violation". BTW there is no such health code. I would know, I work in the health care field. Besides I checked with NYC and NYS DOH.

I have speculated on why the request was denied. But that I will leave for another venue. Why spend money in a place that isn't interested in service?

Favorite Dish: Didnt get to have any. Bad service doesn't get my money.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

River's Edge: ITALIAN WITH A LITTLE VINO

by moiraistyx Updated Nov 9, 2006

OK this restaurant isn't exactly in the Bronx, it is only about 4 walking blocks away though. I came here last July on a warm Tuesday evening. The restaurant wasn't very busy, so we were seated right away. The waiter brought us out a nice basket of warm bread along with some olive oil and balsamic vinegrette. It was yummy. This place is a bit on the expensive side, but the food was good. We topped off our meal with a nice caraffe of wine.

Favorite Dish: I had an extremely rich fettacini alfredo dish and my date had a salmon dish which he devoured.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Rambling House: MY FORMER HANG OUT WITH SES AND CREW

by moiraistyx Written Oct 9, 2006

The Rambling House is a typical Irish pub in upper Bronx. The majority of the staff is Irish and so are most of the patrons. SES, Eric, Rob, Kevin and I could be spotted here just about any weekend during the summer of 2005. Kevin was a bouncer here so we used that as an excuse to go out drinking. They don't have a dance floor here and there are signs posted saying no dancing, but that doesn't stop the truly intoxicated from making fools of themselves. I once taught Rob how to Shimmy. He defiantley couldn't move his hips. There is live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and a full bar menu until 2 AM.

Favorite Dish: I've eaten here a few times. Once I had Shepherd's Pie, another a BLT and another Chicken Nachos. By far I think my favorite thing to eat here is the Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Fresh Tortillas: Delivery Options 3

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

The self proclaimed best Tex-Mex Express in NYC I can assure you it is good. Biggest problem with them is that you must know an hour before you will be hungry so you can order in time.

Favorite Dish: This menu is full of many wonderful items but my favorite is the Chicken Fajita Taco Salad. Also highly recommended are the grilled chicken hard shell tacos. For $1.75 each I can order 5 of them and call it a night if I'm not in the mood for the salad.

And the best part is it is hard to eat enough food to meet the Six dollar minimum delivery charge by yourself.

Wonderful: Delivery options

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

In this area Wonderful has the best chinese food for delivery. They are just up the road on the corner of Webster and McLean. With an eight dollar minimum I usually order enough for two days putting the left overs in the fridge for tomorrow.

Favorite Dish: My favorites here are the fried chicken wings. There is better chinese food to be had but for the neighborhood they are good.

Katonah Pizza and Pasta: Delivery options 2

by cjg1 Updated Sep 25, 2006

A somewhat new find for the quality they offer several excellent items including but not limited to chicken wings, sandwiches, and of course pizza.

Favorite Dish: My favorite pizza here is the white pizza. They do a good job with everything and have had most items on the menu over the past 4 years.Like most places around here there is an eight dollar minimum delivery charge.

City Line Diner: Woodlawn Food

by cjg1 Updated Sep 25, 2006

This is a cafe with sidewalk tables and also an indoor diner type seating.
    Food was good. We frequent this place and have seen it through a few name changes and hours changes so far. Its a good local diner where you can find breakfast easier than finding parking.

Favorite Dish: I love the breakfasts here. Although I must admit my favorite memory of food here was "a bunch of bacon." Relatively cheap for the area.

• Lorro's Profile Photo

Giovanni's: Brick Oven Pizza

by Lorro Written Dec 8, 2005

Brick Oven pizza

We used to go here all the time to get slices of Pizza and Calzones. Once a woman came in from California and said everytime she came to NYC she came to Giovannies to get a calzone. She asked for one to be wrapped up well because she was on her way to the airport and was bringing it to her husband.
    The restaurant boasts the oldest brick oven in the city and they turn out great pizzas. In the back there is also a restaurant also offering pastas, salads and other italian delights.

Favorite Dish: PIZZA!

• Lorro's Profile Photo

Umberto's Clam House: Clam up!

by Lorro Written Dec 8, 2005

A new restaurant on Arthur Avenue offering seafood and italian influenced meals. I admit I haven't had time to eat there yet but maybe on my next trip to the Bronx. It looks great though and has some nice outdoor seating during the summer. Trying clams on the half shell is a must when you visit this neighborhood and now there is a restaurant where you can sit down and enjoy. Also visit the Cosenza's fish market next door (old neighborhood standard) if you just want to have a taste.
    Another reason to visit Little Itally in the Bronx!

• Sing Fei: Best Chinese food in the Bronx

by keeper7 Written Apr 21, 2005

This very small chinese resturant located between Kings College Place & Putnam Place, has in my opinion very good chinese. I have been eatting there since late 2001 and I still love the food on their menu.

They are open 7 days a week from 11am to Midnight.

Brisas del Caribe #2: Cheap and Oh so good in Parkchester

by cjg1 Written Apr 13, 2004

This is a wonderful place I was shown one day. I love it. The food is very cheap. It is very good. And its much easier than cooking for one's self.

Favorite Dish: I can't really tell you my favorites. I have to admit I liked almost everything I ever ate here. It was all new to me. I had never had food like this. A wonderful VT led event in my life.

• Areas: City Island, Little Italy, Pelham Bay, more: Loads of different types of good restaurants

by Cottes Written Mar 31, 2004

Plenty of areas to eat some fine food:
    Areas: City Island, Little Italy, Pelham Bay, Tremont Ave. (E & W), Riverdale, Morris Park and lots more. Visit the Bronx official home page at: http://www.ilovethebronx.com/ or

David Cottes

Favorite Dish: Italian, Latin, Chinese, Greek, Soul food and much much more!

• Adventure Travel
    • Cycling
    • Golf

• The Riverdale Garden Restaurant, Wine bar, Bakery: Wood Burning Fireplace and Spacious Flower Garden

by chefsherm Updated Mar 15, 2004

The wood burning fireplace and the spacious flower garden make this place worth a visit. Also the food is cooked by a CIA graduate and his wife does the baking.
    Using seasonal ingredients to create simple, satisfying food, the chef visits each table. The cafe section shows off the desserts and coffee/tea selections. Entertainment will be offered throughout the week, with Opera night, Jazz night, Open Mike, Middle Eastern Night and R & B night. Call for schedule.

Favorite Dish: Mushroom risotto, Butternut squash soup, Slow roasted Beets with goat cheese, Salmon seared with fennel, rosemary and orange, Braised Short Ribs, Chocolate cake with housemade ice cream, Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, Cheese cake with fresh raspberry sauce.

• Wine Tasting
    • Music

Instant Answers: Bronx

Comments

Bronx Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bronx restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bronx sightseeing.