Bronx Sports & Outdoors

• clunker's Profile Photo

Gaelic Games in the Bronx

by clunker Written Jun 30, 2010
    New York vs. Galway, May 2nd, 2010

The Gaelic Park Sports Center, or simply Gaelic Park, is owned and operated by Manhattan College, which is actually located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Besides several other sports played on the field, they feature mens senior Gaelic Football and Hurling Championship matches. If you have never seen a live GAA Football or Hurling match, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Look at a GAA website for scheduling.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Watching the Yankees Win from a Luxury Suite

by cjg1 Updated Apr 21, 2010

Liz and I enjoying Yankee Stadium (2010)

First off, I love my brother in law....... My brother in law often gets tickest to great events and concerts through his job. He called one day and asked if we'd like to see a Yankee game in one of the suites....of course we wanted to. My wife and I are huge Yankee fans...so is her family (they are from the bronx after all). So we went to see the Yankee beat the Texan Rangers on a Sunday afternoon.

I only have one complaint about the luxury suites; they are very high up from the field. The luxury suite we were in at Citi Field was ground level..not that I like the Mutts....

We went up some nice eleveators to the suite level. Along the halls were Yankee memorabilia and pictures of Yankees past and present. Each suite number had a listing of every Yankee in history that wore that number..which was very cool. We all kept stoping to read and admire the memorabilia on the walls. Liz's Mom was home sick and couldn't join us ...conicedentially so was her favorite Yankee Derek Jeter. We made sure to take pics of anything they had of him up on the walls.

The suite was very large with a huge bathroom, large kitchen, two sofas, two chairs, flat screens on the walls, bar seats, and a large out door seating area for several people. The spread of food ws incredible with way too much especially snack and hot dogs. The suite attendants kept the place stocked well and checked up on our needs quite often.

We had a fun time enjoying the suite and watching the Yankees play a good game. I even made my way to see some friends in the Bleachers just to see how the other half was living... I can't wait for my next invitation into the suite.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 17, 2008

Everyone should see a Yankee game at least once at Yankee Stadium. The stadium is always packed, the fans are nuts and you just have a great time. As recent as a few years back I'd attend at least 4 or 5 a year, not much but always had a good time while I was there. For the most part we would hang out for a few innings and then leave before the crowd.

I haven't been to a Yankee game in over a year, but I do go to the Mets games, my babe is a season ticket holder and you'll see me at Shea Stadium helping him root for his team.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The home office of Baseball.

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

Game 4 2001 World Series, October 31.

Yankee Stadium is the single greatest place in the baseball universe. People flock here from as far away as Japan and England to come see the Yankees play. We once met one Japanese guy who used two weeks holiday to come to New York from England to watch Hideki Matsui.

With Monument Park out in left center and all the history that has taken place here you will just get that feel as you walk out the tunnel and see the field the first time. Like the Yankees or not, this is a great place to see a game. Come out and tell us ahead of time. We’ll arrange a small VT meeting and welcome you into our section for the game. Being a semi long time season ticket holder I can usually help you out with tickets from my friends. This of course does depend on the game you choose to see.

Equipment: Ticket and your eyes.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

GO SEE A YANKEE GAME

by moiraistyx Written Jun 27, 2006

My son's second visit to The Bronx included going to see his first ever professional baseball game. Being that our host is a huge Yankee fan, he took us to see the Yankees. The game held Patrick's attention for all of about 5 minutes. After that he just wanted to explore the bleachers and see what everyone else was doing. About half way through the game he fell asleep on my lap. Thank goodness, I at least got to see the end of the game.

Instant Answers: Bronx

Comments

Bronx Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Bronx sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bronx sightseeing.