Bronx Warnings and Dangers

by GlobeTrotterBX

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Bronx

• Teen Gangs

by Hunger4speed Written Mar 19, 2011

Well me being a highschool student, walking around the bronx leaves me paranoid. 75% percent of teens in south bronx are gang affiliated. In the summer time daily hobbies for these guys are to beat up on other teens, shoot guns at people in partys, and sell/smoke weed non stop. I would never step foot in a bronx party. SAFTY OVER FUN.

• The Bronx is fine.

by jackrmee Written Apr 11, 2012

I come from the UK, I'm white and I've never been to NY before.
    I stayed with a Dominican family in The Bronx and got the train to Burnside.
    It looked a little scary but I walked from the train around 10 blocks to the place where I stayed even with a suitcase, rucksack and an expensive camera around my neck. Nobody bothered me and my hosts where perfect.
    I went with them to Washington Heights where I was welcomed and then had a party in their backyard in the night. Everyone I met was cool.

I went out to Brooklyn with one of them and got back to Burnside at 1am. I walked the lady home and walked back to the train station alone at around 2am. There were people around but they didn't bother me. (although, I probably wouldn't walk through there with a camera around my neck at night time). When I got to the station, the lady working there was helpful and gave me help to which train I needed. When I got to the platform I got talking to some guy who had just got a tickets from the cops for jumping the subway turnstyle. He looked like your typical guy you'd see on TV from "The Hood" but was friendly and happy.
    Don't judge people by what they look like or what you see on TV and in the media. These people are all human and most are everyday, nice people. Of course there are bad people everywhere, but I didn't see ANY while visiting The Bronx.

People are frightened by what they see on TV and read in the papers. I must admit, I was a little worried at first, but as long as you don't wander into the wrong neighbourhood at night time you will be totally fine in The Bronx (as with all boroughs in NY).

• Trains

Instant Answers: Bronx

Comments

Bronx Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Bronx warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bronx sightseeing.