Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn

Know about this? Rate It!

• Brooklyn Botanic Garden
    by quan_zou
    My Mother and I
    by seagoingJLW
  • seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Brooklyn Botanic Garden

by seagoingJLW Updated Mar 14, 2003

My Mother and I

Favorite thing: This is a fabulous place. When I was a child I used to visit the Garden frequently with my mother. You see us in the photo here.

Fondest memory: The Brooklyn Botanic Garden is located at 1000 Washington Avenue in Brooklyn. For information phone:
    718-623-7200

• Eco-Tourism

• quan_zou's Profile Photo

NOT confuse the Brooklyn...

by quan_zou Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: NOT confuse the Brooklyn Botanic Garden with the New York Botanical Garden, the BBG occupies 52 green acres right next to Prospect Park. In addition to over 12,000 different kinds of plants in its outdoor and indoor collections, the garden is renowned for its C.V. Starr Bonsai Museum, the oldest and largest collection of the dwarf potted trees in the country. The Garden for the Blind is filled with dozens of brilliantly scented and textured plants; for those with more plebeian tastes, there's a great assortment of ice cream treats in the open-air snack bar.

The BBG offers a wide assortment of classes related to gardening, including a certificate in horticulture, gardening and landscaping workshops, health, herbs and cooking classes, crafts, trips, family programs, art classes and more.

Instant Answers: Brooklyn