Junior's, Brooklyn

4 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

Huge meal can be split
    by BLewJay
  • Known for their cheesecake, select the cheese pie
    Known for their cheesecake, select the...
    by BLewJay
    Infront of Junior's
    by sheeplike
  • BLewJay's Profile Photo

Junior's Most Fabulous Cheesecakes & Desserts: A New York tradition

by BLewJay Written Feb 19, 2009

I had heard about this famous place from watching Rachel Ray on the Food Network ($40 a Day) and wanted to try it...especially for the cheesecake. Well after venturing to NYC a few times to visit family, I finally had the opportunity to do just that.

Favorite Dish: LJ and I shared a 10 oz. Char-broiled Bacon Cheeseburger on a toasted bun which came with Onion Rings & Steak Fries. For dessert, we were going to try their famous cheesecake, but my cousin said to try the Fresh Strawberry Cheese Pie. OMG!!!

Huge meal can be split Known for their cheesecake, select the cheese pie

• sheeplike's Profile Photo

Junior's: Cheesecake

by sheeplike Updated Mar 14, 2005

My group was seated and we ordered a 6" cheesecake to split. They wanted to charge an additional $2.50 per person to serve it. So we took it to go. It was pretty good cheesecake. Many people think it is the best. I am undecided.

Favorite Dish: Strawberry cheesecake. Huge strawberries atop a light cheesecake.

Infront of Junior's
    • Business Travel
    • Women's Travel

• feline01's Profile Photo

Juniors Restaurant: Juniors Restaurant

by feline01 Updated Apr 8, 2004

A Brooklyn institution since the 1950's. You will see all sorts of New Yorkers from an old Yiddish grandmother to a Supreme Court Justice eating here. The restaurant is a glorified coffee shop, casual and simple food which is just what I like.

Favorite Dish: I was vegetarian when I ate here (not vegan) so of course I had to have grilled cheese, fries and a slice of their amazing cheesecake. The best cheesecake I've ever had. Truly.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Junior's: Flatbush Avenue - A Brooklyn Icon

by TempNomad Updated May 20, 2003

Basically, it's comfort food diner-style. It's a huge place and has famous desserts. Most notably, the cheesecake! Yum.

You can order the basics, but there is a huge menu. Take your time!

Favorite Dish: I love potato pancakes, so I get them with apple sauce and just enjoy.

Corner of Flatbush