Junior's, Brooklyn

4 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

Huge meal can be split
    by BLewJay
  • Known for their cheesecake, select the cheese pie
    Known for their cheesecake, select the...
    by BLewJay
    Infront of Junior's
    by sheeplike
  • BLewJay's Profile Photo

Junior's Most Fabulous Cheesecakes & Desserts: A New York tradition

by BLewJay Written Feb 19, 2009

Huge meal can be split

I had heard about this famous place from watching Rachel Ray on the Food Network ($40 a Day) and wanted to try it...especially for the cheesecake. Well after venturing to NYC a few times to visit family, I finally had the opportunity to do just that.

Favorite Dish: LJ and I shared a 10 oz. Char-broiled Bacon Cheeseburger on a toasted bun which came with Onion Rings & Steak Fries. For dessert, we were going to try their famous cheesecake, but my cousin said to try the Fresh Strawberry Cheese Pie. OMG!!!

• sheeplike's Profile Photo

Junior's: Cheesecake

by sheeplike Updated Mar 14, 2005

Infront of Junior's

My group was seated and we ordered a 6" cheesecake to split. They wanted to charge an additional $2.50 per person to serve it. So we took it to go. It was pretty good cheesecake. Many people think it is the best. I am undecided.

Favorite Dish: Strawberry cheesecake. Huge strawberries atop a light cheesecake.

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel

• feline01's Profile Photo

Juniors Restaurant: Juniors Restaurant

by feline01 Updated Apr 8, 2004

A Brooklyn institution since the 1950's. You will see all sorts of New Yorkers from an old Yiddish grandmother to a Supreme Court Justice eating here. The restaurant is a glorified coffee shop, casual and simple food which is just what I like.

Favorite Dish: I was vegetarian when I ate here (not vegan) so of course I had to have grilled cheese, fries and a slice of their amazing cheesecake. The best cheesecake I've ever had. Truly.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Junior's: Flatbush Avenue - A Brooklyn Icon

by TempNomad Updated May 20, 2003

Corner of Flatbush

Basically, it's comfort food diner-style. It's a huge place and has famous desserts. Most notably, the cheesecake! Yum.

You can order the basics, but there is a huge menu. Take your time!

Favorite Dish: I love potato pancakes, so I get them with apple sauce and just enjoy.

Instant Answers: Brooklyn