Lundy Bros Restaurant aka Lundy's, Brooklyn

1901 Emmons Ave, Brookyln, NY 1235 718 743-0022

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Lundy Bros Restaurant aka Lundy's: Jewel of Sheepshead Bay

by AliasGirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Just came back from this acquatic restaurant (Aug 2004) and sampled some of the best seafood in NY.

A group of four of us were gathered and starving on this past Monday night. We walked into Lundy's to find a huge, open dining area that faces the water for nice views during your meal. The huge windows allow the light to enter the dining hall and makes the room almost feel like you are sitting outside even though you are completely inside.

Upon entering Lundy's the hostess shows you to your table, you immediately pass by three large lobster tanks. You can chose your own lobster, the waiter brings you a selection of three. I imagine that 'market price' depends on weight as well as other factors.

We were served delicious foccacia bread and small soft biscuit type breads - all were warm. Adding some butter and a few hundred pieces of bread later, we all read and re-read the menu to decipher our entrees.

We ordered our entrees and appetizers - a round of raw oysters and little neck clams. It was delicious not fishy, not sandy, and not rubbery. Probably the best raw selection I have ever had!

Broiled lobster tails with mashed potatoes and asparagus were very popular with us (3 out of 4) and one entree of shrimp scampi. I could smell the garlic! Delish!

Favorite Dish: I truly enjoyed my lobster tail, dipped in butter with the mash potatoes and asparagus (grilled to perfection). A perfect meal!

No dessert - just couldn't fit it. A nice Cappucino to end the meal. I can't wait to go back!!

After our meal, we took a walk along the water and people watched and boat watched etc. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Dress casual/Reservations for Weekend nights

Meal came out to $50 a person with lobster/shrimp meals, appetizers, glasses of wine and beer and coffee.

Instant Answers: Brooklyn