Places to eat in Brooklyn

Most Viewed Restaurants in Brooklyn

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Heights Cafe: Heights Cafe

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 25, 2008

This is a nice restaurant located on the busy Montague Street. The café is usually busy with locals sipping a glass of wine or hanging out at the bar. They have a large dining area behind the bar and in the summer you can enjoy dining al fresco when they open up the area. It’s a great way to enjoy your meal and watch the world pass you by. The service is excellent and very attentive.

Favorite Dish: During my last visit Ferni and I decided to both order the charbroiled burger. I ordered my cheddar burger medium well, sautéed onions and no bun. The burger comes with a side of very tasty fries. The burger was excellent. Very tasty, cooked to my liking The only thing I would say I didn’t care too much for was the ketchup!!! It was way too salty!!

Chedar Burger, Height fries Bar Outdoor dining

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory: Hand Made Delicious Ice Cream

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 25, 2008

Located at the foot of Fulton Landing, next door to the River Café is the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. The ice cream is hand made and is quite delicious, velvety and very creamy. They have a limited selection of flavors like your favorites which include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry just to name a few.

Favorite Dish: I’m quite predicable when it comes to ice creams, so I had my fave flavored ice cream (chocolate) on a waffle cone and Ferni had the vanilla regular sugar cone, they were both so YUM!!

Yum, chocolate ice cream on a waffle cone Another tasty view of my ice cream The que to order the ice cream

Olympic Pita: Olympic Pita -- a taste of the middle east

by saw50st8 Written Jul 10, 2006

This restaurant brings excellent Middle Eastern food to the heart of Brooklyn. They serve traditional dishes such as schwarma and falafel. Their lunch specials run until 5 pm, which gives you soup, entree and drink for $10. They have excellent lafa (oven baked flat bread) and other salads, meats, chickens etc.

Favorite Dish: Schwarma!

China Mehadrin: Excellent Chinese food

by saw50st8 Written Jul 10, 2006

One of the best kosher chinese restaurants I have been to. Although you can sit inside, this is more of a take out restaurant (and they deliver free for minimum of $20). There are lunch and dinner specials (don't know the lunch price but dinner is $10 for soup, entree and rice). They dont mind specializing the dishes with different vegetables and are courteous and friendly.

Favorite Dish: Beef with garlic sauce

• saw50st8's Profile Photo

Circa: Fresh Food galore!

by saw50st8 Written Jul 10, 2006

Great fresh salads and other dairy food. You can put whatever you want in the salads including different vegetables, grape leaves, tuna etc and many different types of dressings. They also have delicious soups, pasta and fish dishes.

Favorite Dish: Feta Salad with Caesar dressing

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Il Fornetto: Good Food, Great Atmosphere

by Donna_in_India Written Aug 29, 2010

We took my grandmother here to celebrate her 94th birthday. After literally decades of traveling to this part of Brooklyn and tolerating not-so-great food (except Nathan's at Coney Island, of course!), this was a wonderful surprise.

The main dining area is light and bright with big glass windows overlooking the water, swans, and boats. We got a table along the windows (there are about 8 tables along the windows, several more spaced around the dining room.

We had the rigatoni al Fornetto, a daily special red snapper, and chicken francese. All of our dishes were very good. Capuccinos and a delicious tiramisu for dessert rounded off our meal.

Monday through Friday they offer a fixed price lunch (12-4) and dinner.

This is a very nice place for lunch or a special occasion dinner.

Hours:
    Mon - Thurs: 12PM - 11PM
    Fri - Sat: 12PM - 12PM
    Sunday: 12PM - 11PM

Il Fornetto

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Crown Grill (Caribbean Princess): Tasty Pub Lunch

by cjg1 Updated Jul 13, 2010

The Crown Grill is a steakhouse aboard the Caribbean Princess. Normally the restaurant is considered a "specialty restaurant" and charges a $20 per person fee for dining. During our cruise the Crown Grill offered Pub Lunches during sea days (days not in a port) at no additional charge.

The Crown Grill is quite elegant with marble and dark wood accents as well as fireplaces. The dining area has a nice number of booths with ocean views and well as tables to accomodate any size party. We has the pleasure of dining her three times during our voyage for Pub Lunch. Our first lunch here was with my wife, My Mother and her fiancee. Our second and thrid visist included our new friends Roger & Helen from Long island.

The Pub Lunch menu featured typical English Pub grub such as Cottage Pie ( a form of Shepard's pie), Fish & Chips, Bread Pudding, Fried Shrimp, Banger & Mash, Ploughman's Lunch and Curry Chicken. They also had Guiness, Stella Artois and Boddington's to accompany the meal.

The food here was excellent and we did manage to try every item on the menu over the course of three days. The food was well cooked, tasty and presented nicely. The service here was very good and attentive.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dishes were the Fish & Chips and Curry Chicken. The other choices were quite nice but these were my favorites. I also enjoyed that they had Guiness and Boddington's to drink. Even my wife enjoyed a glass of Stella with her meal which is not typical for her.

I'll have a Guiness of Course! Shrimp & Chips Curry Chicken Egg stuffed meatloaf Cherry Trifle

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Prego Pizza: Tasty Pizza

by cjg1 Updated Jul 15, 2010

Pego Pizza is the quick serve pizzaria on the Caribbean Princess. Watch as pizza is made right before your eyes and baked in pizza ovens. They have the usual plain and pepperoni pizza as well as the special pizza of the day. The pizza will never compare to good NY pizza but for a cruise ship it is rather good.

My wife and I often grabbed a few slices as a snack when watching a movie poolside and even had a pizza delivered to our stateroom for a late night snack.''

Favorite Dish: The plain is my favorite but the pepperoni is quite nice. Their white pizza is made with gorgonzola and ricotta cheese; the gorgonzola is just too pungent for me to like on a pizza. The vegetable pizza was okay but a bit on the soggy side.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Mojito Cuban Cuisine: A success story

by BLewJay Written Apr 16, 2012

While in New York, we decided to try one of the restaurants we had seen on Gordon Ramsey's "Kitchen Nightmares". We looked on his website and found that Mojito Cuban Cuisine was nearby, so we called them up, made a reservation and drove to the restaurant for dinner.

Favorite Dish: We started off with a Cocount Mojito and Pomegranate Mojito. For dinner, LJ selected the Atollado del Mar while I had the Churrasco (both dishes served with white rice and black beans). To cap the evening we ordered two Caffe Corretto with Amaretto...yummy!!!

Cocount Mojito & Pomegranate Mojito Cocount Mojito Caffe Corretto with Amaretto

• Daffy_Duck's Profile Photo

Goodfellas,(pizza Rest.),...

by Daffy_Duck Written Sep 7, 2002

Goodfellas,(pizza Rest.), Circles Grill(Continental) ST.Michel(French), Sally & George's( Mideastern)
    Areio's (Italian), these are some of the Cuisines in Bay Ridge. Bensonhurst on 18th Ave. which for me is considered Little Italy has some great restaurants and Cafe's. Il Coloseo is a resaurant for you if your in the mood for Italian atmosphere and entree's there are more in the other areas. To many to mention.
    P.S Mambo Itliano is also good, they have large entree's, special for two and karaoki for the guests accompanied occasionly by a famous singer.

Favorite Dish: All

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Polish restaurant in Greenpoint

by barryg23 Updated Aug 28, 2007

My Polish friend, Lukasz, spent a lot of time in Brooklyn and whenever I travelled out here with him we’d go to a Polish restaurant in Green point (called Cristina’s if I remember correctly). There were a lot of Polish people living in this area so it’s no surprise to find a few Polish restaurants here. I’d never been to Poland or had hadPolish food before but I quickly grew to like it. I also had my first Polish beer in Cristina’s and I’ve been enjoying them ever since!

• quan_zou's Profile Photo

Chinatown at NYC

by quan_zou Updated Jun 23, 2003

My favorites happen to be on Mott Street.
    New York City's Chinatown, a tightly-packed yet sprawling neighborhood which continues to grow rapidly, is the largest Chinatown in the United States and the site of the largest concentration of Chinese in the western hemisphere! Both a tourist attraction and the home of the majority of Chinese New Yorkers, Chinatown offers visitor and resident alike hundreds of restaurants, booming fruit and fish markets and shops of knickknacks and sweets on torturously winding and overcrowded streets.

Favorite Dish: Pork is the chief meat of the Chinese - in fact, in some of the southern languages of China, the word meat is used to mean pork. The consumption of fish, both fresh and salt, is enormous. Fowls are the favorite article of diet, and beef is also eaten. Dishes in the Sichuan and Hunan areas are spicy, and they are a little sweet in the Shanghai area.

NYC Chinatown
    • Study Abroad

• Bien Cuit (The Smith Street Bakery): Amazing Bread!

by sarahmima Written Jul 30, 2011

The food here is amazing! There are so many pastries I had a hard time choosing. Eventually I settled on a plain croissant (I know, seems boring, but you're wrong!) it was perfectly flakey and buttery. The barista (who was super sweet) suggested a cup of their coffee (who can say no to coffee?) and it was a perfect combination. My friend had the cherry chocolate hazelnut brioche and I had to fight her for a bite.

Favorite Dish: Croissant (but I can't wait to try more!)

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo

Villabate Alba: Villabate Alba; The real deal

by Mr.Sparkle Written Jul 9, 2010

Head the Italian section of Brooklyn for this gem of an Italian bakery. This place will rival any other Italian place in the city, which is no easy feat.

Favorite Dish: anything. you seriously can't go wrong with anything here and the lines of people of people extending out the door is true confirmation of that.

• ChicamijaNYC's Profile Photo

Chance: French Asian Fusion "It works!"

by ChicamijaNYC Written Mar 26, 2008

This is a great little restuarant off of Smith St. The prices are really affordable and their hot sakes are fantastic. It gets really busy starting on Thursday night but the food is solid and tasty.

Favorite Dish: Ocean Box Dim Sum & Lamb Box Dim Sum

Comfort Inn Brooklyn
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel

Instant Answers: Brooklyn

Comments

Brooklyn Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Brooklyn locals.
Map of Brooklyn