Nathan's, Brooklyn

Yummy hotdogs
    Watching your weight?
    Cute, kitshy sign
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Nathan's Famous: The World Famous Hot Dog!!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jun 29, 2008

I remember as a child whenever my parents would take us to Coney Island they would treat us to Nathan's Famous hotdog (along with Gino's Italian Ice). We would wait patiently on line to savor those delicious hotdogs.

Recently I wanted to relive some of my childhood memories and decided to take a trip to Coney Island and I had to have a Nathan's.

They are still as delicious as I remember them.

Nathan's Famous holds every year during July 4th weekend their famous hotdog eating contents. Its amazing how many hotdogs a human can eat, lol!

Favorite Dish: Hotdogs with onions...YUM!!

The Famous sign Yummy hotdogs Watching your weight? Cute, kitshy sign

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Nathan's: Can you break the record?!

by Bilimari Written Jul 12, 2005

This is where they have the annual hot dog eating contest on July 4th.

Go for the famous hot dog and fries, and a large size soda. (Large cup looks like a bucket!)

There is a coupon on their website.

Favorite Dish: Chili dog!!!

I've had a better hot dogs, but it's a thing to do in Coney Island...

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Nathan's: A Brooklyn Landmark

by PA2AKgirl Written Jul 15, 2004

Everyone who knows Coney Island, knows Nathans! And anyone who is around Coney Island, should make a trip here:) Even if you don't like hot dogs, it's just something you have to pass by or see to say you were at the Original Nathans. It's been open since 1916 and orignally was a little nickel hot dog stand and while its grown into something much bigger and become franchised...buying Kenny Rogers Roasters and Miami Subs, this particular Nathans will always just be Nathans of Coney Island.

Favorite Dish: I like hot dogs, so there was no issue for me:) I got one with chili and a side of fries. They have WONDERFUL fries, by the way!

There's lot of other things on the menu if you don't care for hot dogs.

Hmm...Nathans looks better from the ground:)

• feline01's Profile Photo

Nathan's: The Original Nathan's

by feline01 Written Oct 14, 2002

Yes, I'm a vegetarian and the only thing I can eat here are the french fries but it is still an American icon. The orginal Nathan's, home of what some call, the world's best hot dogs and also home of a repulsive yearly festival when people stuff themselves full of as many hot dogs as they can in a short period of time. Interestingly enough, the winner a couple of times has been a 130 pound Japanese man rather than the average bulky 300lb+ American contestant.

Favorite Dish: The only dish I eat are the fries and they are good.

Instant Answers: Brooklyn