Catskill State Park Restaurants

falafel
    by kazander

Most Recent Restaurants in Catskill State Park

• kazander's Profile Photo

Moon Light Cafe: Fantastic Falafel Fiesta!

by kazander Written Jun 21, 2005

falafel

On our way up the New York Thruway to Kaaterskill Falls, we popped into New Paltz for some lunch. Unbenknownst to us, it was the day of the Gay Pride parade so there was lots of hubbub in the streets. Luckily we found a place to park before the parade started and after wandering mainstreet for a little while, we came upon the Moon Light cafe. When we walked in we weren't sure if we were actually going to stay. The place is really not much to look at, feels almost like a 7-11. We plunked ourselves down in the booth right up by the front window (great people watching spot) and hoped for the best. We were not disappointed, the food was fantastic!

Favorite Dish: I had an Honest tea and the "Falafel Fiesta" which consisted of a salad with feta cheese, hummus and pita triangles and of course falafel. mmmm delicious! Lou got a root beer and the Mediterranean combo, which was falafel, pitas, hummus, an eggplant something or other and a salad.(there might have been something else I don't recall) It was a very enjoyable meal!

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

• kazander's Profile Photo

Last Chance Cheese & Antique Shop: All my favorites in one place!

by kazander Updated Jun 16, 2005

Last Chance Cheese & Antiques

I had read about this wonderful little place in a New York State guide book. Lou and I love cheese, and I am always a fan of antique stores, we definately had to stop in. As we had already had lunch, we decided to enjoy dessert here. The place is really nicely laid out. It has a country store like feel to it. We sat in a side room that had large windows on three sides which look out onto the street and into the gardens out back. Hanging from the ceiling in this room were all sorts of vintage instruments. Any decoration in the resturant is for sale. In nice weather, you can also sit outside on the front porch. (it was too hot and rainy the day we were there) In the front where you walk in, is a little shop that sells all sorts of treats and a little room to the side houses more antiques.
    We will definately be back!

Favorite Dish: The herbal iced tea is delicious, (I picked up a box of the SporTea bags in the store) Don't miss the chocolate fondue for dessert!
    There is a wide selection of beer and wine available.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Catskill State Park

Comments

Catskill State Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Catskill State Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Catskill State Park sightseeing.

View all Catskill State Park hotels