Cooperstown Restaurants

Yummy hot chocolate!
    by rexvaughan
    Tables with the best view
    Downstairs dining room

Most Recent Restaurants in Cooperstown

• PetraG's Profile Photo

The Pit: Extraordinary food and style!

by PetraG Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance of the PIT

Journey Underground for Outstanding American Continental Cuisine
    Featuring the best: Steak, Seafood and Chicken Entrees
    And even for us vegetariens was a big choice of burgers and sandwiches! Delicious!

Favorite Dish: Black-beans-Burger
    Tuna Sandwich

• mingomatic's Profile Photo

Doubleday Cafe: Good food option near the Hall of Fame

by mingomatic Written Oct 5, 2010

This place was pretty busy with a lot of this rustic town's hustle and bustle eating and watching football. It's mostly a burgers/sandwich/wraps joint but got some cajun influence too. I had the grilled chicken but my buddy had the burger. Pretty standard tasting place. Wouldn't say it's amazing in terms of food but it's a good stopover for lunch. Prices are pretty cheap and the service was good.

Favorite Dish: The curly fries were pretty good!

Duanesburg Diner: Classic American diner

by rexvaughan Updated Jul 27, 2010

Classic diner bar and stools

If you find yourself driving from Albany to Cooperstown as we did, this is an ideal stop for a meal about 30 or so miles west of Albany. The front portion of the diner was a factory-made one and was placed in this location in 1937. It has evidently been in operation on this site ever since. It is one of a dying breed on the American road, but the bonus is that the food is quite tasty and very reasonably priced. My wife had a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich and I had a huge tuna salad plate with tuna salad, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, a boiled egg and onions in addition to large scoops of potato salad and coleslaw. All very tasty. Our grandson had a burger and fries and pronounced it as good as his favorite burgers at home (not a chain). They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and are open seven days a week. The bill for the three of us was $22.84 plus tip.

Stagecoach Coffee Roastery and Espresso Bar: Coffee, but much more

by rexvaughan Updated Jul 27, 2010

Front entrance (just off Main Street)

I like most strong and flavorful coffees, even the big chains, but like finding local coffee houses even better. Stagecoach is one of those, having, I think, only locations in Cooperstown and Albany. The coffee is excellent and from their website I learned that they roast their own in small batches. I will be tempted to go back here for breakfast or lunch next time as they feature delicious sounding paninis and pastries and include a lot of local products on their menu. I, along with my wife and grandson, can attest to the wonderful ice creams. It is just off main street in a charming 18th century former tavern. There are limited seats inside but a wonderful little outdoor patio at the rear.

Alex & Ika's: Hidden away, but not to be missed

by rexvaughan Written Jul 26, 2010

Front entrance (just off Main Street)

This is a delightful surprise hidden down a little alleyway off Main Street, but they have a sign on the sidewalk on Main to help you find it. The front entrance has a charming, retro, almost European appearance and the interior is equally charming with a warm bar area, mirrors lining the wall in a 2-story atrium and nicely colorful and homey dining area. We stopped in for lunch with our grandson, ate light items and skipped dessert so that we could make an ice cream stop down the street. Our grandson had pasta alfredo and my wife and I had chicken and shrimp sandwiches. Both were very tasty and served on a nice Italian bread. Next time I am in Cooperstown, this will be number one on my list for dinner. Lunch for the three of us came to $43.47 plus tip and that included a Duvel for me.

LUNCH: 11am-3pm

DINNER: 5pm-10pm

SUNDAY BRUNCH 11am-3pm

LakeFront Restaurant: Good food, great view

by rexvaughan Written Jul 26, 2010

Yummy hot chocolate!

The LakeFront Motel Restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. In addition to having one side of windows affording nice views of the lake, the food was good. We had both breakfast and dinner here and both were excellent. For breakfast two of us had Belgian waffles with bacon and one had blueberry pancakes, all of us with either coffee or hot chocolate. Nothing fancy, but quite tasty. As you can see in the first photo, our grandson enjoyed the hot chocolate piled with whipped cream. Breakfast for the 3 of us was $28.58 plus tip. For dinner, again for the three of us, we had a very good beef burger with fries, a kid’s chicken tender plate with fries and a crab cake sandwich. Our grandson had a soda, my wife had a glass of wine and I had an Omegang Witte beer which is locally brewed, and which you can see I enjoyed. Cost for the 3: $48.56 plus tip. Very good meal at a reasonable price.

• Museum Visits

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

The Pit at the Tunnicliff Inn: Good local fare

by apbeaches Written Oct 19, 2008

There wasn't much ambiance, I felt like I was going into someone's basement. Waiters were attentive, food was reasonable. People were friendly.

Favorite Dish: Menu was varied & had something for everyone. The seafood bisque was pretty salty but good. Enjoyed beer batter shrimp, fish & chips & mushrooms stuffed with escargo. Pies, cheesecake & other desserts were in frozen boxes in the back.

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Alex & Ika: Memorable flavors

by apbeaches Written Oct 19, 2008

Cozy & homey restaurant, food was cooked to perfection & memorable. One waitress was amendable & tried to keep up with a room filled with about about 9 tables. Menu was expensive, the delicious sounded chocolate desert was $10.00.

Favorite Dish: The soup of the day was a delicious corn chowder with lots of veggies, lentils and exotic spices. My husband enjoyed his hanger steak & my duck & salad was perfect.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Nicoletta's: Good Italian!

by nicolettart Updated Sep 10, 2007

Okay, I confess! We ate here partly due to the fact this is MY name. Who woulda thought??

Favorite Dish: To our surprise, the food was good. Of course I measure an Italian restaurant by its fried calamari, because it has to be cooked just right, or else it's too greasy, chewy, or overbreaded. It was just right here, so we were thrilled.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Lake Front Restaurant: great view of the lake

by davecallahan Written May 18, 2007

from the ads

The dining area is very casual with a great view overlooking Lake Otsego. There was nothing fancy about the place; just a nice family restaurant with good food.
    We had breakfast here and fed a family of five for $25.
    The service was friendly and fast; which is good because if you let kids sit too long between when they order and when they are served then they invariably change their minds about what they want to eat.
    The food was good and it did not cost too much; the only problem was that it was fairly crowded with tourists and got a bit noisy (I am sure we added a few decibels ourselves).

• EstherM's Profile Photo

Alex and Ika: This Restaurant Just moved to Cooperstown

by EstherM Written May 16, 2007

We have always driven to Cherry Valley to visit this restaurant for our special occasions.
    This Spring (2007) Alex and Ika has moved to Cooperstown.
    Though pricey, we have never had a bad meal at this restaurant. Ika who works out front is charming and Alex, the chef, also makes the rounds getting feedback from patrons. The food is creative and interesting and very delicious.
    I highly recommend this place for a special meal.

Favorite Dish: Habenero shrimp appetizer.
    To good to be earth food!

• Sailing and Boating

• The Blue Mingo: On the lake dinning

by lennythomas Written Aug 27, 2006

Great view and even better food. They have an exotic menu for those that like to experiment and usually something safe for those who don't. I've been there about 8-10 times and it has always been great.

Favorite Dish: My husband loves the crab cakes and gets them every time.

For lunch the sweet potato fries are a great. They even threw them in with dinner last week.

My prices below include a bottle of wine and crabcakes.

• Music
    • Theater Travel

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

The Otesaga Resort Hotel: The Other End of the Scale!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jan 7, 2005

The Main Dining Room

The price of accommodations (US$212 per night including all taxes) at the Otesaga Resort included all meals, and they really knew how to do them up in style!!

In addition to their intimate Hawkeye Bar & Grill on the ground floor (where we had a few nightcaps) their huge Main Dining Room one floor up was a great place to eat.

There were plenty of staff about (and this was the off-season), waiting on us hand and foot. The panes of glass in the large windows looking out over the lake had that wave-like distortion that said they were still the originals from when this place was built, almost 100-years ago.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast was great, with an amazing choice of buffet items, or you could have the chef prepare something right there in the dining room or send out to the kitchen for such things as an omelette!

For evening meals, the rules required that gentlemen wear a dinner jacket (which they can supply in a pinch!). We had some great feasts here during our three night stay! My favourite was Roast Vermont Turkey with traditional Dressing and Pan sauce. This was served with whipped potatoes, baked Butternut Squash and a Mixed Green Garden Salad with Balsamic Vinegrette. A few bottles of Australian Penfold's Shiraz to go with the group meal and I finished off with a slice of Key Lime Pie.

Of course, on one of the other evenings, the Baked Jonah Crab Cakes with Creole Mustard Sauce, sauteed Spinach & Zucchini Julienne with a mixed Green Salad again was not bad either!

• Business Travel
    • Spa and Resort

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

TJ's Place - The Home Plate Restaurant: Eat with the Locals

by Bwana_Brown Updated Dec 31, 2004

The View from my Table

After finishing my tour of the National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum, it was past noon and I was getting hungry! I walked up and down Main Street checking out the restaurants and finally decided to keep it simple.

TJ's Place had that 'homey' look to it, with the prospect of good but inexpensive food with timely service. It was not busy when I went in and picked a corner table near the sidewalk windows. It was nice to sit there enjoying both the street view and watching the other customers as they came and went!

Favorite Dish: I decided to keep things simple, ordering their US$6 Bacon and Onion Quiche, accompanied by a slice of tomato, lettuce and (surprisingly) a bowl of peaches! Naturally, I had to have a $4.50 Sam Adams 'Boston Lager' in an ice-cold mug to wash it down.

If you are looking for a quick and tastey meal, this is the spot.

• Business Travel

• Autumn Cafe: A great place to eat!

by Jenny_Scott Written Feb 8, 2004

Outside of the cafe

This place is very pretty and I liked the way it looked. The food is also very good and the prices are affordable.

Favorite Dish: The Autumn Cafe has been serving freshly cooked food and providing quality entertainment in downtown Oneonta, New York since 1980. The specials menu changes with every meal, supplementing a regular menu of sandwiches, omelets, salads, and specialties. Most breads, desserts and all soups are made from start to finish in the cafe's open kitchen. While the fresh seafood, poultry and meat dishes are known for their taste and creativity, the cafe is well-known for it's vegetarian entrees.

Instant Answers: Cooperstown

Comments

Cooperstown Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cooperstown restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cooperstown sightseeing.