Cooperstown Sports & Outdoors

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

First Class Golfing!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Sep 1, 2005

Relaxing with a View of the Course

The Leatherstocking Golf Course, which adjoins the Otesaga Resort, was recently rated as the 2nd best public golf couse in the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. It was designed in 1909 and is considered to be one of the most scenic and challenging golf courses in the East.

Located on the shores of Otesago Lake, this 18-hole, par 72 championship layout looks like it would be a fun course to try out! Here, some of the guys took a break and strolled out of our meeting room to enjoy the view of the course! Green fees are US$70 (if staying at the Resort) or US$80 otherwise. Electric cart rental is US$18. Not being much of a golfer, I was not overly tempted to try the course!

I was a bit slow on the uptake when I first wandered the grounds of the resort. Standing here, I noticed an older guy in a little skiff punting along the shore and trying to scoop things out of the water. Only later did I realize that he must have been doing his job of retrieving errant golf balls!!

• Business Travel
    • Spa and Resort

• Great Fishing

by QuiltinMom Updated Aug 30, 2010

We hired CP Charter for our trip Saturday morning. It was a dense fog, but Chris found us and we had a great morning trolling for and catching trout.

Equipment: Chris had all the gear. We did have to bring our own water, snacks but no big deal.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: Cooperstown

Comments

Cooperstown Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Cooperstown sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cooperstown sightseeing.