Forest Hills Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Forest Hills

• La Terrazza: Best Italian Food in Forest Hills

by sonicblum Written May 8, 2008
    La Terrazza Queens

The food is delicious! Especially the seafood! Everything is prepared fresh! The ambience is very nice, especially on a nice evening, the outdoor seating is great! Tuesday Buffet and Sunday Brunch give you the best bang for the buck! The location is great, right next door to the Midway Movie Theatre. They also offer FREE PARKING!

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish = Filet of Flounder Francese! I also enjoy the Tuesday buffet, salmon, clams, mussels!

• Wine Tasting

• Bonelle Bakery in Forest Hills: Bonelle - Delicious pastry

by dbspeech Written Jul 17, 2007

Fantastic pastries. French, baked by egyuptians (we ARE ub BYC after all).

The best apple turnover we have ever had, and their best edibles are equal to or surpass the pastries weve had in Vienna, Austria.

Dirty Pierre's: Excellent Little Restaurant, My Favorite

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Nov 10, 2006

After Balthazar's in SoHo, this is my favorite restaurant of all restaurants that I have been to in NYC. Admittedly I have not gone to any of the top ones that you read about, nor have I gone to the trendy ones where the "it" people go. So maybe my word doesn't mean much here. But if you happen to be in Queens anywhere along the F, E, or R subway lines after 5 p.m., you might want to stop off here for a bite to eat.

The atmosphere is quirky, kind of reminds me of Amelie's apartment in the film with all the bright colors. Apart from the people in this incredibly upscale neighborhood who go on a fairly regular basis, the crowd could seem a bit rough because the owner, who is a Cordon Bleu graduate and teaches at one of the New York restaurant schools, also happens to be a biker and so this place attracts biker types too. But please do not be put off by that. You will be greatly rewarded if you are a meatloaf fan, or if you like clam chowder, mussels and frites and best of all brownies and ice cream.

Favorite Dish: CLAM CHOWDER: As some of you may have read on some other pages, I have become a chowder maven in search of one that is as good as O'Dowds in Roundstone, Ireland. Dirty Pierre's clam chowder, so far, is the best I have found including that which I ate on Cape Cod which is now in third place.

MEATLOAF AND MASH POTATOES: Delicious, extremely rich and fattening, probably should be shared.

HAMBURGERS: My favorite is the goat cheese burger, but the plane one is excellent. They serve it on an English muffin. The french fries that come with it are nice and crispy.

MULLES AND FRITES: These are absolutely delicious. While on the coast in Massachusetts I ordered them and they didn't compare. Dirty's serves them with a really crispy bread that you can dip in the broth when you have finished your mulles.

BROWNIE AND ICE CREAM: This is one of the best brownies that I have eaten since I was a girl. It is served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. I have gone there just for this dessert.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

T Bone Diner: My Neighborhood Diner

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Oct 15, 2005

T Bone Diner from the back section

T Bone is my favorite neighborhood diner. I go there a lot. It feels very cozy to me and by now they know me. Sometimes I see the same people there. For me, it is a great experience to go there because it is a very comforting place. I can't explain why. When I feel lonely, I head over there.

Favorite Dish: I almost always get a cheese burger. I love it even though it is greasy. I think they do a wonderful roast loin of pork and it is enough for two people. Other good choices are the t bone steak which is very huge and the baked chicken.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Nick's Pizza: Excellent Pizza

by ForestqueenNYC Written Jun 8, 2005

Nick's Pizza

Although I don't think they are particularly friendly at Nick's, they do serve a delicious thin crust pizza. Just don't plan on lingering afterwards. If you want to linger bypass Nick's and walk up towards Queens Boulevard and stop in at the pizza part of Portofino's. You can sit their for as long as you want.

Bonelle's Pastry Shop: Pretty Good Pastry

by ForestqueenNYC Written Jun 8, 2005

If you are out in Forest Hills and get a yearning for something sweet, you might want to stop by Bonelle's Pastry Shop. Their pastries border on the style of what you might find in a patisserie. I particularly like the petit fours.

• Greystallion's Profile Photo

Nick's Pizza: Great Brickoven Pizza

by Greystallion Written Feb 12, 2005

If you like brick oven pizza, this is the place to go!!!!!
    The assorted toppings & various salads are what makes this one of Forest Hills secret places to visit and not to miss.

Favorite Dish: Half & Half
    1/2 mozzarella/ricotta cheese on 1/2 side
    1/2 tomato/meat sauce on 1/2 side
    1/2 side garlic/peppers
    1/2 side meat/onions

Cabana: Caribbean Food

by ForestqueenNYC Updated May 26, 2005

Cabana is a very cute tiny restaraunt which is usually packed. You can sit outside in the warmer months or inside in the wonderfully colorful room. Try their mojitoes.

Carilbbean Fare.

• Singles

Instant Answers: Forest Hills

Comments

Forest Hills Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Forest Hills restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Forest Hills sightseeing.