Hammondsport Restaurants

• Sourdough Bread from the Keuka Artisan Bakery
    Sourdough Bread from the Keuka Artisan...
    by John195123
  • Sourdough Bread from the Keuka Artisan Bakery
    Sourdough Bread from the Keuka Artisan...
    by John195123
  • walking up to Bully Hill  from the parking lot
    walking up to Bully Hill from the...
    by davecallahan

Most Recent Restaurants in Hammondsport

• John195123's Profile Photo

Keuka Artisan Bakery: Freshly Baked

by John195123 Written Feb 10, 2014

Sourdough Bread from the Keuka Artisan Bakery

While Hammondsport is really an up-and-coming area in terms of food and drink, one of the places that is ahead of the trend is Keuka Artisan Bakery.

I am a fan of sourdough bread. I mean, I love sourdough bread, and for those of use who care about such things, the sourdough that is sold in most places, even bakeries, just doesn't cut it. The crust is too weak, the bread doesn't have the solid feel and taste that it should. For a fan of sourdough, I've never been out to San Francisco to engage the true addict in me, but that's ok. I don't need to cross the US for bread when I can find it here in the small town of Hammondsport.

This is some of the best sourdough I've found. It has the right taste and texture, and with some butter, there's a good chance the uncut loaf just won't make it all the way home.

Yes, there's more to the world of bread than sourdough, and the KAB has quite an offering, plus sweets and some good (locally-roasted?) coffee. There is much more coming from this place, so check it out. Visit the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keuka-Artisan-Bakery-Deli/137176406345733.

Favorite Dish: Need I say? I live ten hours away from this place, and have to buy some bread every time I visit.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Bully Hill Vineyards: Bully Hill VineYards addendum

by davecallahan Updated Feb 3, 2007

walking up to Bully Hill  from the parking lot

I am adding this as extra data in support of the previous post about Bully Hill.

Bully Hill Vineyards (and Restaurant) is an extension of the centuries old family Taylor Wines.
    It was established as a winery in 1970. It is now one of eleven Bully Hill owns in the Keuka/Canandaigua lakes area.

On the site you will find, the winery, the wine tasting room with a fine overview of Keuka Lake, the restaurant, a snack bar and a gift shop. Off the wine tasting room, you can shop for full bottles of the wines you sampled.
    The restaurant is smallish; heavy-wood chalet look. The tables are copper-metal and the floor looks like flagstone (but i think it was probably tiles).
    The steaks were tasty and done to order, the crab cakes were delicious and you have to try the sundae with walnuts and apples for dessert. And of course you have your choice of the house wines. If you eat light, you may be able to stay under $20 (including beverages and dessert) but be prepared to pay more along the lines of $30 per person. These were 2005 prices so take inflation into account.

We indulged in the wine tour (no big deal, one winery looks pretty much like another), the wine tasting (i went for the dry ones, wife tended toward the sweeter ones), bought several bottles and decided we went through enough funds for the day.
    This was an all-day affair for us in mid-September and a fine time was had by all.

Favorite Dish: Apple and Walnut Sundae.... obviously good

• Wine Tasting

• John195123's Profile Photo

There are a few restaurants in...

by John195123 Written Oct 4, 2002

There are a few restaurants in town, including my favorite, Crooked Lake Ice Cream Parlor. OOOOo the ice cream here is good, and they give you A LOT too!
    Nice interior with friendly service. My girlfriend, tanguera, worked here!!!!

Favorite Dish: Blue Moon Ice Cream.... Blue pineapple ice cream... can't explain it, it's just good. I could sit there maniacally devouring the whole of the 3 gallons in the container, and no one else would fight me for it. I dunno why the world isn't addicted to Blue Moon ice cream as I am!!!!!

Instant Answers: Hammondsport

Comments

Hammondsport Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hammondsport restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hammondsport sightseeing.