Hauppauge Travel Guide

September 29, 2007
    by cjg1

Hauppauge Things to Do

by mangpor Updated Sep 11, 2007

In the evening, my colleagues asked me to watch the baseball match between “Long Island Ducks” and “Road Warriors” at the Citibank Park. The weather was ‘very hot’, that’s why so many people stayed inside the air-conditioning room.

Actually, I didn’t know much about this sport and didn’t know how they get the scores but I enjoyed seeing people bring their kids out. There were so many activities for kids to participate with during the game breaks. It was fun to see those kids dancing and playing games with the Ducks mascot.

Buddhist Image 1 more image

by mangpor Updated Sep 11, 2007

Akiko had taken me to visit the Thai Temple in Long Island after lunch. We had a very quick lunch at the canteen and then we drove to the Thai temple named, “Wat Vajiradhammapadip” at Rustic road. We met the Buddhist abbot who kindly invited us to pay homage to a Buddha image and gave us a Buddhist book.

• Religious Travel

Fire Island Lighthouse 2 more images

by mangpor Updated Sep 11, 2007

The Fire Island Lighthouse was located next to the "New Beach" of the Fire Island National Seashore. My friends and I were climbing up 130 steps with difficulty and we're finally together on the top. The view up there was so nice. I could see many people on the beaches as well as many boats on the sea.

The lighthouse museum was located on the ground floor.

Entrance fee: $6

• Beaches

Hauppauge Hotels

Hauppauge Restaurants

Maureen's Kitchen 1 more image

by mangpor Updated Sep 11, 2007

My friends and I had a nice brunch at Maureen’s Kitchen on my last day in New York. There was a long queue in front of the restaurant. It seemed to be a popular place! While I was waiting for a table, I saw many Harley Davidson motorcycles parking around there. They were beautiful...

Oh, it was time for me to get inside. The whole restaurant was decorated with a cow pattern, so lovely. I had blueberry pancakes with a glass of milk. The taste was fantastic!

Favorite Dish: Blueberry Pancakes are so yummy.

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Hauppauge

Comments

Hauppauge Travel Guide
Map of Hauppauge