Kingston Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Kingston

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Applebee's: Good Chain Restaurant

by Basaic Written Oct 17, 2014

$18 in August 2014. Appearance-wise this was a typical Applebee's, inside and out. Service was good, and the manager walked through the restaurant often checking on customers. My food came fairly quickly and was pretty good (could have been a bit spicier). Beer and wine, too. Worth a try.

Favorite Dish: Blackened Tilapia

Applebee's
    • Wine Tasting

Elephant Wine Bar: Delicious Tapas

by blueskyjohn Updated Feb 13, 2015

This is a small restaurant with a bar and some seating. It is a bit dark inside but has a cozy feel, especially with their dog sleeping in the middle of the floor when you walk in. It's like arriving at a friends house.

I sat at the bar to eat dinner. The menu is not very big but more than enough selections. For an appetizer I had a special sausage in a Dijon sauce. It was extremely good! You get one sausage link but it is large and it is an appetizer. A bit expensive at $9 but I would definitely order it again.

For the main course, I had an artisan hamburger, again it was excellent. I don't recall everything that was on it. I had planned to see on their menu from the website to write the review but it is not on the menu. Seems the menu changes quite often. Great is you like variety but if they have a favorite dish of your and then take it off the menu, it sucks. I may have to return soon before these items are replaced by something else. But I think what ever replaces items would be good.

One thing to note, according to the waitress/bartender, the chef does not take temperature orders for the hamburger (rare, medium rare, well done, etc.). Apparently the chef wants the burger to taste a certain way. The burger was cooked about medium rare.

Monday Closed
    Saturday 5:00 – 10:00 pm
    Sunday Closed

• Wine Tasting

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Ship to Shore: An excellent dinner!

by blueskyjohn Updated Feb 13, 2015

Ship to Shore is advertised as "an American Bistro with a Taste of Old New York Steak House." I walked in without a reservation. I was offered a seat at the bar and was told as soon as a table is available they can move me. I opted to just order dinner at the bar. A very friendly place with many regulars. It is a bit dark but has a very cozy feel.

I noticed they had Tuna as an appetizer so I had to try this. On the menu it is described as a Yellow Fin Tuna Stack - sesame crusted, seared, stacked with avocado, crisp wontons, Sriracha, soy. What came out was three large wonton chips, stacked with avocado and tuna between the wonton on a drizzle of Sriracha. This dish was outstanding! I could have order two and easily finished both!

For dinner, I ordered the Fried Chicken Roulade which is chicken breast rolled with apple & sausage on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes, braised kale, maple bourbon gravy. That's right, maple bourbon gravy! I can hardly explain how good this gravy was. This was not a deep fry either. It was a thick crunch coating but not oily in the least. Seemed it may have been quickly fried, then baked or vice versa. However, the Kale was a little too bitter for my taste.

I was too full to try dessert. Maybe next time and there will be a next time!

Monday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Tuesday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Wednesday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Thursday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Friday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Saturday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Sunday 10:00 am – 11:00 pm

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Dominick's Cafe: Try the Chocolate Chocolate Crumb Cake!

by blueskyjohn Updated Feb 13, 2015

Dominick's Cafe is a corner location that serves breakfast and lunch. I was walking around town early Sunday morning before my departure when I came across the Cafe. From the exterior looking in the cafe looked warm and inviting. However it was 7:45am and apparently they do not open until 9am on Sunday. Fortunately some people were preparing for work inside and let me in. I only wanted a muffin for the road. I looked through the offerings and spotted a freshly baked Chocolate Crumb Cake. I asked about it and was told it was the Chocolate Chocolate Crumb Cake. I had to have a piece. Since it had not been sliced yet, there staff asked if I wanted the end as well as a slice for no extra charge. Yes, of course! I will take it.

The was a delicious piece of cake. The interior has some sort of crumb dough filling. I could have eaten the entire cake. This is worth pulling off the highway, drive into Kingston and buy the cake!

Great place and will have to check out other items on the menu.

Monday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
    Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

APPLEBEES: THE SERVICE HERE SUCKS

by moiraistyx Written Mar 31, 2008

I've been to this Appliebees location a few times. This last time was for dinner with my friends Scott, Staci, Mike and Staci and Mikes children Sean and Cassidy. The restaurant was jam packed with people coming and going rather quickly. I was not happy with our service. Not only was she not attentive, but it took her 10 minutes to bring out a side of bar-b-que sauce for Patrick's chicken fingers. She also brought my meal out to me incomplete and I had to wait 10 minutes for the missing stuff, and when I got it, it was cold. I was so annoyed by the end that I didn't bother with desert. If I had had Monolpoly money that would have been her tip.

Favorite Dish: One this visit, I had the appetizer trio as my meal. It had the artichoke/spinach dip, mini cheeseburgers and the boneless buffalo wings. The dip and the wings were great but the cheeseburgers were cold so I didn't like them. Patrick had the children chicken fingers with fries which he loved. Staci and Mike started their meal with what looked like a great Caesar salad.

Instant Answers: Kingston

Comments

Kingston Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kingston restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kingston sightseeing.