Lake George Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Lake George

• Village Emporium: Great Shop (Emporium)

by Fayeelizibeth Updated Aug 8, 2008

Village Emporium
    Address: 199 Canada St, Lake George, NY 12845
    This is just one of the MANY souvenir/clothes/tchotchke shops in the village of Lake George. It first caught my eye while me and Honey were walking down the sidewalk with ice-cream cones and I glanced in and saw a black and white striped dress. Black and white stripes being an obsession of mine, I decided that I would return (when I wasn’t loaded down with a massive ice cream) and look around. We did return the next day, and although the dress I had initially liked wasn’t really a style I could pull off, they do have those wonderful scarf-dresses that are so in this year. I was playing around with them, trying to figure out how to tie them on, when an exceptionally helpful sales associate walked over and showed me the different ways to tie it, and gave me a little brochure that explained them. She was not at all pushy, just very polite and helpful.
    The customer service was exceptional, and the dress was a steal ($26! Full length). I’m not usually one for the souvenir shops, but this one was above and beyond.

Thank you, I hope this helps you plan your Lake George vacation in some small way. I should be adding more about our trip soon, so check out my other posts.

What to buy: Dresses, Souvenirs, Etc.

What to pay: I spent $26 on my full-length scarf dress. Souvenirs = $5 or so, Clothes = under $40

• Melann's Profile Photo

Extoria: Extoria Clothes Tattoos and Krazy Krackers

by Melann Written Aug 10, 2005

This was a great place they have clothes in the front aimed towards the younger crowd (or at least those women with good bodies) and in the back is a tattoo shop and Krazy Krackers piercings!!!!! 3 out of the 4 of us had our noses pierced the guys in the shop were all great and let us use the bathroom the enitre time we were in LG (lots of places only allow customers to use the bath.)

What to buy: Great skimpy clothing and some cute jeans and shirts

What to pay: 25- 100

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

Lake George Kayak Co.: Great kayak info

by cruisingbug Written Dec 4, 2003

Just want to acknowledge Jeff at the shop for all his info. We've been canoers and were looking into kayaks. Jeff explained the differences between the kayaks (uses, materials, prices). Unfortunately for him we've decided to just rent for the day wherever we are instead of buying, but Lake George Kayak rents out too so I guess it evens out.

• Kayaking

Instant Answers: Lake George

Comments

Lake George Shopping

Reviews and photos of Lake George shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lake George sightseeing.