Lake Placid Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lake Placid

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Great Adirondack Steak and Seafood Co.: Nice outdoor seating

by blueskyjohn Written Sep 12, 2013

I've eaten here many times over the years but always for lunch. They have great outdoor seating where I always sit to eat. The wait staff are usually attentive. The food is great for lunch with very good options. Also part of this location is the Great Adirondack Brewing Co. They have a wide variety of beer they brew. I'm not much of a beer drink but occasionally enjoy a good Hefeweisen beer. Theirs is pretty good. They also sell pint glasses with catchy sayings and graphics of local activities.

Favorite Dish: The Buffalo wrap is very good and they have sweet potato fries!

• L-A's Profile Photo

The Cottage @ Mirror Lake Inn: Wonderful ambience and bistro

by L-A Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Cottage restaurant @ Mirror Lake Inn

Local beer - Nine Hat. Sandwiches are wonderful. We had chicken chipotle pesto and pulled pork. We were on the deck, with a wonderful view of Mirror Lake (across the street from Mirror Lake Inn, but on the lake).

Favorite Dish: Chicken Chipotle pesto sandwich. Zesty sauce and well cooked chicken on yummy foccacia roll. Price was very reasonable considering its an expensive hotel and on the lake.

• Spa and Resort

• Jimmy's 21: mistake by the lake

by belgianbeerboy Written Aug 18, 2009

Favorite Dish: This place should be avoided at all cost ! Went here with family and was seated quick at a table overlooking Mirror Lake . That is where the good stuff ends. I usually pick Italian places because they are a safe bet just about anybody can make it and do it fairly well. This place is the exception! It was not enough that the food was subpar but the service was THE WORST I've ever had anywhere!!!! We tried to walk out after waiting 2 hrs for pasta. We were going to pay for our appetizers and leave it at that but we were confronted and yelled at by our waiter (usually scarce that night) and the cook (can't call HIM a chef). They made a scene and told us that we were not allowed to leave and would have to pay for food that did not come nor did we eat. We paid for the apps and left. I have never stiffed someone as I have waited and bussed tables but they got NO tip from me. There are some fine places and people in Lake Placid so do some research and visit them.

• Charcoal Pit Restaurant: We love this place!!!

by ritata Written Jul 24, 2006

We absolutely love the Charcoal Pit Restaurant. I have been coming to Lake Placid with my family for the past 20 years. Since we have a vacation home there, we have tried many, if not most, of the restaurants in the area. The Charcoal Pit is by far our favorite, from the atmosphere, to the staff, to the food. Everytime we have recommended it to friends, they have not been dissapointed. I think they went through a rough spot last winter (we were there around Thanksgiving)- Maybe a new chef? Vacation for the regular chef? Who knows. We were just there again in the beginning of July, and they are back on their game! I think the hostess said they have a new chef. Whatever it was, kudos!!!! (The menu has improved as well- Super! more choices) my husband had the Rack of lamb which was moist and awesome. I had the swordfish- VERY fresh, one of the best I have ever had!

Favorite Dish: EVERYTHING!!!

• terps94's Profile Photo

some grub and drink near the lake

by terps94 Written Jul 1, 2006

Located near the lake this small pub and microbrewery offer some good eats and also some microbrews. My friends and their kids met us up here for lunch when we visited them in upstate NY. Try the belgian wit beer is pretty good and the artichoke dip is good for starters.

• The Charcoal Pit: Do Not Eat Here

by heatherlynn2005 Written Oct 5, 2005

This is a surf and turf restaurant that was recommended to us by a gentleman who I am not pleased with, during our sightseeing. Driving 3 hours to have a special dinner picking up a $55 tab for the bland, most tasteless dinner I ever had, was a nightmare! The location is good, easy to find and good close parking. It's a cute and cozy place, the bathroom was very nice too. Our drinks were wrong when they were brought to us. They had ran out of diet cola, ginger ale and 7up, so we were forced to drink water. We had a hard time deciding potato skins over the bruschetta bread, but we did finally decide just that since bread was served with our salads. We didn't miss out on brushetta since the potato skins had the same ingrediants. There was no bacon or cheddar, it was all onion peppers and tomatoes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they use the same mixture for both menu items. It was pretty good, nothing original nonetheless. We waited 40 minutes from order time for our meals. My husband ordered the veal marsal and I the chicken piccata. Mine was disgusting. The menu read it was a breaded chicken breast sauteed in a butter lemon sauce. It tasted like boiled chicked with skin and fat with squeezed lemon. There was no juice or sauce. They were also the two smallest chicken breasts I've ever seen. The veal was pretty good, nothing interesting about it. It was a very small portion as well. We both ended up eating the garnish off our plates because we were still hungry. We didn't complain, we never do. We decided we'd never go there again. Lake Placid is a once a year trip and we try to visit a different place for dinner each year. We will never recommend this place to anybody. In the parking lot, we met up with guests arguing about their meals too. It seems we're not alone. Please do not eat here!!

Favorite Dish: The garnish of Zuccini was good. Too bad I didn't order a full plate of that instead of my chicken dish.

• Spa and Resort

• Phildagr8's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn: Not much to select from here

by Phildagr8 Written Oct 2, 2005

There isn't too much selection in restaurants that I recall. You can see if there's a restaurant in the Lake Placid Hotel, but I remember eating at the HoJo's quite a few times. The prices are decent, and so is the service.

Favorite Dish: They're all good, just don't have your expectations too high :o)

• nicola's: DONT EAT HERE !

by ualgal Written Aug 8, 2005

If you like being welcome at the door by a women who looks like she just came from a white trash trailer park, and talks like one too, this is the place for you, the food looks and taste like it came from her trailer kitchen.. the service is very poor. I would not let my dog eat here !

Favorite Dish: the best thing you can do at this place is not to go...

• Fishing
    • Skiing and Boarding

• Pete's: Carnivore Carnival

by CanuckMark Written Apr 22, 2005

This is the place to go for steaks of all kinds in Lake Placid.

Not cheap, but very very good.

Expect to pay anywhere from $25-$40 USD for a steak entree, randing from sirloin to fillet mignon to strip steak.

If you enjoy meat - go there.

Favorite Dish: The best dish has to be the 8oz. Fillet Mignon. It is served with a very good Bernaise sause and is too tender to describe.

Try it with the local beer (Ubu) which is a very dark by sweet brew.

• The Chalet: Fondue Freaks Rejoice!

by jaimeinlp Written Aug 4, 2004

How often does one get a chance to experience something really different and really good? Take the opportunity while you're in beautiful Lake Placid to try The Chalet. Good value. Great food.

Favorite Dish: Among their offerings is traditional Swiss fondue, and man have they got it right! This stuff warms the heart. If you don't know fondue, this is the place to take your first dip. If you know and love it, you don't want to miss this real deal.

• Golf
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Hiking and Walking

• Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

Goldberries: Massive portions of tasteless stuff..

by Deus_ultima Written Feb 22, 2004

Goldberries

The view was really nice. Probably the best in town as far as restaurants are concerned. The atmosphere was fairly relaxed. We arrived there around 10:30am.

The waitress was friendly but a tad clumsy (first day as she said).

The portions we're typically American: HUGE. Unfortunately, as it's often the case, it didn't taste like anything.

Pancakes we're awfull. Eggs we're alright (eggs are pretty standards aren't they?). Orange juice tasted like water and coffee was pretty bad..

BUT..the view was good..
    ;)

Favorite Dish: I'd go for the orange juice. Concentrate for sure..watered down quite a bit but it's he thing that tasted "best"

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo

90 Main Restaurant: Casual Dining in Downtown Lake Placid

by chrissyalex Updated Oct 15, 2003

We chose to dine here on a busy Saturday evening because it was one of the few restaurants that did not have an hour long wait to get in.
    This restaurant offers mostly Italian cuisine such as brick oven pizza,pastas ,salads and sandwiches.
    The food was pretty good and the atmosphere relaxed.
    The ordering process is a little different from other restaurants and this is probably the reason that there was not a long wait to get in. You are given a menu and ticket to fill out when you are seated. You write on the ticket what you would like to order and bring it up to the counter and pay for your food first.

Favorite Dish: Butternut squash bisque ( a special that day)

• marzy's Profile Photo

Brown Dog Cafe and Wine Bar: Brown Dog Cafe and Wine Bar

by marzy Written Aug 26, 2002

Friendly, hilarious owners who can make you laugh all night if they like you and the most unique menu in town.

Favorite Dish: Well i guess since i work here i am biased but it is called the best in town by many. Having been featured in the boston globe and other publications this small restaurant and wine bar serves lite fare as well as nightly specials in the evening. During the day they specialize in oversized sandwiches which will make your mouth water. Over 50 wines are also available by the glass or bottle.

• marzy's Profile Photo

Richards Freestyle cuisine: Richards Freestyle cuisine

by marzy Written Aug 26, 2002

watch out for extravagant prices to go along with your meal

Favorite Dish: If your looking for something a bit out of the ordinary and extravagant this is the place to go. Anything from sea bass to feax gua (i have no idea how to spell it) and a menu that is always changing.

• WAWBEEK ON UPPER SARANAC LAKE...

by themerg Written Aug 25, 2002

WAWBEEK ON UPPER SARANAC LAKE (15 MILES AWAY),DEER'S HEAD INN IN ELIZABETHTOWN(10 MILES AWAY),INTERLAKEN RESTAURANT (IN TOWN),MIRROR LAKE INN(IN TOWN),CASCADE INN(IN TOWN),CHARCOAL PIT(IN TOWN).MANY GOOD DELIS WITH LARGE AND DISTINCT SANDWICHES AND BREADS.

Instant Answers: Lake Placid

Comments

Lake Placid Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lake Placid restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lake Placid sightseeing.