Latham Travel Guide

Latham Hotels

Latham Restaurants

• Aaron7's Profile Photo

by Aaron7 Written Apr 1, 2004

I first started eating here back when they first opened the store. I liked having sushi and Latham wasn't too far off the path from work to home. This is my favorite sushi restaurant! First of all, they were absolutely great there. The restaurant is run by Yoshi and his wife Yoni. When we were still getting to know what types of sushi we liked and didn't they were extremely helpful. Yoshi would always throw a couple of extra pieces in just for us to try out. The store started out as a take out place and now has blossomed into a small restaurant with a sushi bar and a few tables. Yoshi is a consumate artist. You don't just get food from him, you receive a piece of art. I have had a dragon roll from many different restaurants around the country, but his dragon roll is the only one that was so spectacular in detail. It really did resemble a dragon! Octopus suckers for the eyes and snout, twisted carrot tentacles, cucumber ears, avacado scales... you name it. It was amazing. He has a great selection of fish to choose from as well. This is the only restaurant I have ever had blowfish at, and is the only one I would trust with such a dangerous food! Yoshi and Yoni also care about their customers. This is the only restaurant that has ever sent me a Christmas Card! Yesterday I went there for dinner in the first time in about two and a half years. As soon as I walked in, they knew who I was, and were eager to know how I had been. They really did remember everything I had told them from my last visit. All that for a customer that had frequented their shop once a week or so for a few months over five years ago!

Favorite Dish: The miso soup! This restaurant features the best miso soup I have ever had. It isn't just the watered down stock with chunks of scallion. Rather they add quality ingredients to it like slices of inari(sweet fried tofu) and kombuu(kelp). I swear they must have some fish stock in it as well. Even better, they have never ever charged me for the soup. With the order of some sushi, they made sure everyone got a free miso soup and a free salad with ginger peanut dressing.

Instant Answers: Latham

Comments

Latham Travel Guide
Map of Latham