Livingston Manor Travel Guide

Livingston Manor Things to Do

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Sonoma Falls

by moiraistyx Written Jul 4, 2011

I stumbled across the website for the Sonoma Falls country store while I was searching for a new place to hike. This was a great find for a number of reasons. The collection of water falls on the property of the country store is very pretty. From what I read, it is a 7 tiered water fall. There's a variety of marked trails for visitors to hike as well. The easiest of the trails is the blue trail which runs directly up and down either side of the falls. Richie, the boys and I started off on the blue trail and then took the yellow trail when we hit the other side of the falls. This was a much tougher trail than the blue one and ventured up a rather steep incline. The nice part of this trail was the huge raspberry patch we found at the top of the trail. The raspberries weren't ripe for the picking when we were there, but we did manage to find a few ripe ones to taste. They were very sweet and yummy for our tummies. Considering the heat and the humidity there were few bugs around. The one thing I didn't like about the trails was that in spots they were flooded, causing us to walk into the woods in order to avoid our feet getting soaked.

Where a decent pair of teenies or hiking shoes when you visit here as the trails aren't very well groomed and are steep in parts. There is a lot of loose rock which a hiker can easily slip on and fall. Bring along a water bottle and a snack if you inclined. There is no charge to hike, but there is a charge to picnic on the property.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Livingston Manor Covered Bridge

by moiraistyx Written Jul 4, 2011

Sullivan County has just a handful of covered bridges left from over a century ago. Livingston Manor is lucky to have one of these bridges as part of one of it's parks. When you visit the bridge be aware that it is a one lane bridge so you must honk your horn prior to entering it as to not hit another car.

I visited the bridge on a hot and humid summer day in 2011. There was a family having a picnic in the park and the waters of the Willowmac Creek were high due to the heavy rains of the day before. I happen to be a fan of covered bridges and was happy to see the excellent condition of this particular bridge.

The original bridge was built in 1860 but was restored back in 1984. As part of the restoration, arches were added to the bridge which allowed for a heavier load to cross the bridge. The bridge is 117 feet long and is what is known as a town lattice with arch bridge.

There is no cost to visit the bridge or the park.

• Livingston Manor Hotels

0 Hotels in Livingston Manor

Instant Answers: Livingston Manor

Comments

Livingston Manor Travel Guide
Map of Livingston Manor