Long Island Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Long Island

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Painters: Bar, So-So

by chodearm Updated Jul 15, 2005

A while back I reviewed this place with a not-so-favorable postioning. But that was before I moved to Long Island and was eating at great restaurants everyday. Now, living out in the boondocks makes it alot harder to find something satisfactory. Enjoyment is had through nature out there and not so much through the mastery of a chef, like in the city. So Yuki and I yearn for goos taste and we search high and low for it hoping to crack open a secret stash of taste. So we re-tried PAINTERS. Everyone gets a second chance at pulling greenbacks from my wallet except the Toothy stripper we had in Philly years ago. The second time around they surpassed satisfactory and upped the ante to GOOD. At least they tried creativity with their dishes and their beer selection was impressive. Yuki scarfed the SESAME SEEDED AHI TUNA and I went for a classic SICILIANO CARBONARA on LINGUINE. I'll come back.

Dress Code: Wear anything, I just really hate when people go out in sweatpants.

from site
    • Beer Tasting

• chodearm's Profile Photo

SouthHampton Publick House: The Micro-Brew is rising

by chodearm Written Mar 31, 2005

Long Island and BUDWEISER are synonymous. The lawn-mower gasoline tasting liquid is advertised in all drinking spots most prominent window byway of a flourescent sign. Jocks and former HIGH_SCHOOL bullies sip it up like pidgeons on the hunt for crumbs. I don't understand, why settle for garbage. Dumpster diving, you take what you can get, but by choice, why put down 5 dollars for a bottle-o-sweat. Since I was born with my own decision making tools, I look for creativity, and taste. Micro-brews are finally getting recognition on LI. Welcomed with a large grin, these liquids are starting to flow in more than one location. The Publick House has a variety of their own home-growns. I let the Secret Brew slide past my toungue along with their claimed "munich style Lager". Taste climaxed here.

The secret brew
    • Beer Tasting

• traveler4224's Profile Photo

Port Jefferson: Port Jeff

by traveler4224 Written Apr 24, 2003

In Port Jefferson, you can catch the ferry to Connecticut or just hang out. People who go here usually bring there dogs, and just wander around. You can have dinner, or just get ice cream. It's a great spot on a nice cool summer night. You can even do some shopping here.

Dress Code: Nice day clothes are appropriate. You dont want to get dressed up to go here. Just casual, comfortable clothes.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Long Island

Comments

Long Island Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Long Island nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Long Island sightseeing.