Middletown Restaurants

Bill (my big brother) and me
    strawberry poppy seed salad on right
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Middletown

Buffalo Wild Wings: Nasty, Nasty, Nasty, Planet Wings is better

by moiraistyx Written Apr 15, 2012

My honey and the boys love, love, love wings. I myself am not a wing fan. Buffalo Wild Wings opened about a week ago along route 211. We had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant chain since they first started popping up in the Hudson Valley so we thought we would give it a try. I am sorry that I did. Patrick ordered a dozen boneless wings in two flavors, Teriyaki and mild. First off, the Teriyaki was so salty that he couldn't eat it and the mild was more like blazing. I took one bite of the mild wings and began to get that bead of sweat on my brow that one gets when eating super spicy food. The waitress was really great about bringing him out an order of plain boneless wings once we let her know about the food. My food was unrepairable. I ordered the black and blue burger since I don't eat wings. The burger was gross. Not sure if they market it as 100% beef, but trust me when I say that this was no beef burger. It reminded me of one of those pre-made burger patties you buy at the local Wal-mart that is loaded with filler. The meat was gross. I took 3 bites and gave up on the burger getting any better.

Favorite Dish: The spinach artichoke dip with pita chips was very good.

Friday's: HALF PRICE APPETIZERS AFTER 10 PM

by moiraistyx Written Jun 15, 2009

Rich and I have been to Friday's on numerous occasions, but there really hasn't been much to write about it till now. When I got back from my residency in Atlanta, I was starving. Not much was open along the way except for some fast food places, but I didn't want any of that. Rich had met up with some friends the Friday before at Friday's and suggest going since it was after 10 PM and the appetizers would be half price. I was glad we went, we shared 3 different appetizers, boneless chicken wings, the spinach dip and the pot stickers. They were all yummy. I had a berry lemonade and Rich had an iced tea. We hadn't seen each other in a week and didn't want to be sleepy so we skipped the alcoholic beverages.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the pot stickers.

Panera: SOUP AND SANDWICHES

by moiraistyx Updated Jun 15, 2009

Richie and I love Panera. Yes its a chain restaurant, but the food is so yummy. We don't come here often so its a treat when we do. The first time we visited here together I had a Strawberry Poppy Seed salad which was divine along with a grade tomato and mozzarella cheese salad. I love both but the first was far nicer. Richie usually gets some kind of sandwich and we wash it down with their iced green tea. We took his parents here for breakfast once and I got the spinach and back souffle which was spinach, cheddar cheese and bacon, with a hint of hot sauce, garlic and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Favorite Dish: I love the strawberry poppy seed salad.

strawberry poppy seed salad on right

TGI Friday's: Late Night Dessert

by cjg1 Written Jun 15, 2009

We stopped into this place mainly because we wanted something sweet and were staying at the hotel across the street. Liz suggested we'd come into Friday's simply because it was open and she knew they'd have desserts. We had a seat at the bar and ordered some beverages; a coke for me and a club soda with lime for Liz. After looking over the deeserts we decided to split the Brownie Obsession. It was really good; heaps of ice cream, brownie and chocoalte sauce. It was exactly what we were looking for and it hit the spot.

Favorite Dish: The Brownie Obsession was very good; I'd have it again.

Franco Di Roma: Karen & Andy's Engagement Party

by cjg1 Updated Jun 15, 2009

My friend Karen and her fiancee Andy had their engagement party at Franco Di Roma (they live in California but her family still lives here). From the outside the place seems dismal in a run down strip mall(Liz was rather horrified). The inside wasn't much better but I was trying to be open minded. The party room was set up with 5 long tables for guests a a large buffet table at the front of the room. On each table there was two trays of cold antipasto, two bread baskets, a large bowl of salad and two trays of fried calamari. Waitres came around serving red wine and white zinfandel as well as water and soda. The fried calamari was okay, nothing to rave about and the provione in the antipasto was good. The main courses were served buffet style and consisted of: baked ziti, mixed vegetables, pasta with broccoli, meatballs, sausage and peppers, eggplant parm and lemon chicken. The pasta was blah but the sausage and peppers was quite good. Liz said the meatballs were not bad but the pasta was too mushy. Dessert was a sheet cake and coffee.

I have read that this place's food is really good but it was hard to judge when they were cooking for a large group. Doubt we'll be here regardless....

Franco Di Roma: IMO SKIP IT

by moiraistyx Written Jun 15, 2009

I normally don't like to write bad reviews about a restaurant, especially when I've only experienced it once, but this place is worth skipping. We were here yesterday with the boys because they all wanted pasta and I didn't feel like cooking. Richie's friend Rob had recommended the place, saying it wasn't all that bad. So we gave it a try. Well never again. All the kids ended up with food poisoning. I had the eggplant parmigiana and Richie and the chicken parmigiana, the boys all had spaghetti with meatballs. I am guessing the meatballs were undercooked, cause only the boys ended up puking their brains out within an hour of eating. So like I said, I wouldn't go here unless you enjoy throwing up.

Favorite Dish: Anything with out undercooked meat.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Chili's: I Actually Like Their Salads.....

by cjg1 Updated Jun 3, 2009

I'm normally not a fan of chains but some do have decent menu items (calories not counted). We often find ourselves stopping at this Chili's on the way home from my Grandmother's house (there aren't many food options in between). We've always received good service here and the food is rather good. I enjoy their salads: Quesadilla Explosion, Buffalo Chicken and Cobb. The Spinach Artichoke dip and the chips and salsa are very good as well. I normally get a salad and Liz gets the mini burgers. We share the spinach dip as an appetizer on most occasions. It's not a bad place for a bite to eat on the way home from Grandma's.

Favorite Dish: The salads, the mini burgers and the spinach artichoke dip.

• haunted1030's Profile Photo

Ruby Tuesday: DON'T FORGET THE SALAD BAR

by haunted1030 Written Aug 2, 2008

Trish and I have been here on several occasions. Most recently was a late night appetizer run to take a break from packing. My favorite thing here is the salad bar. It has a lot of choices of items to load up your salad and it offers different lettuces beyond the traditional iceberg lettuce. I like to come here cause the service is good, the food is yummy and somewhat healthy and they have a variety of drinks to try. It's also family friendly so we can bring the boys along if we want.

Favorite Dish: The salad bar is my favorite, but if I don't have that I usually get a turkey burger. Lately I've been indulging in the flavored lemonades. The cherry one is my favorite.

El Bandido: SOME OF THE BEST MEXICAN I'VE EVER HAD

by moiraistyx Updated Jul 28, 2008

For over a year I've been wanting to try this place out, but everytime I went it was so packed that I couldn't even find parking. Well a couple of Friday's ago, Rich and I were trying to decided where to go to eat. At first we thought You You but as I was driving down 211 I piped up, "Let's see if El Bandido is busy". So after making a quick right and driving straight for a bit, we found the parking lot to be near empty. After entering the restaurant, we were promptly greeted and seated. The decor of the place was great. The walls were adorned with murals and painting that all appeared to be hand done. The lights weren't the ordinary white lights but were instead blue, red and green. The lighting gave the restaurant a whole new feel. Our waiter quickly came over and took our drink orders, I had a raspberry frozen margarita and Rich had a regular frozen margarita, and brought us some cheese quesdillas and a basket of chips and bowl of salsa. We also ordered quacamole for the chips. The menu had so many choices on it that it took me a while to decide. I ended up chosing a combination plate that had flauettas, chimichangas, taquitos and tostadas complete with a side of beans. Rich ordered chicken fajitas. When the food came I was thrilled. Rich laughed at me at one point cause as I was eating I was also mumbling the word yum. Both meals were absolutely yummy and more than a single person can eat. Our meal was ended with a flour tortilla filled with some banannas and cinnamon. All was phenomenal. The wait staff here is so attentive and prompt. The only time we had to wait for anything was when it came time to pay the bill. Otherwise, super staff all the way around.

Favorite Dish: I loved everything we had from the drinks to the quesadillas to the meal to the bananna filled tortilla. If I had to pick my favorite it would be the flauetta filled with the shedded chicken, spices and cheese. It just melted in my mouth and was super yummy.

Rich's Fajitas My combo dish Bananna and cinnamon stuffed tortilla chips and margarita really cool lights

APPLEBEES: DECENT FOOD AT GOOD PRICES

by moiraistyx Written Mar 31, 2008

New York State like most states is loaded with restaurant chains. One of my favorite restaurant chains in Applebees. They offer a decent variety of food at an affordable price. Did I mention that they serve alcohol. The staff is almost always friendly and they allow you to make substitutions.

I took my mom here for lunch a couple of weeks ago when I played hooky from work to go shoe shopping. My mom has a wheat allergy and usually has a hard time finding dishes she can eat. The waitress was ever so helpful and actually brought back dressing lables for my mom to check out to make sure she could have it.

Another nice aspect of Applebee's is the upbeat and cheerful music they have playing. I often find myself humming and bopping along to the music from my childhood and teen years.

Favorite Dish: Appetizer-Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    Sandwhich-Turkey on cibatta bread with cranberry relish
    Salad-southwestern cobb salad
    Drink-Margarita on the rocks with salt

Turkey on Cibatta Bread

Charlie Brown's Steak House: MOM'S 60TH BIRTHDAY DINNER

by moiraistyx Written Mar 30, 2008

I've been coming to Charlie Brown's for years, thanks to my mom and dad, so when it came time to picking a place to celebrate my mom's 60th, it was only natural to come here. After all, Charlie Brown's has one of the best salad bars I've come across. If you want to put it on your salad, chances are they have it. They even have some great goose liver pate and a large selection of breads to chose from. This last trip to Charlie Brown's we all got something different to eat. I got the crab cakes with a side of sweet potato fries. It was all delicious. Rich got the queen cut prime rib, my dad the cedar roasted salmon and my mom, brother and Cindy all got a different chicken dish. All of our meals came with the great salad bar. We brought the birthday cake since my mom can't have wheat. The staff were great about not singing happy birthday and discreetly surprised my mom with her cake and 4 candles, not the 60 I thought should be on there, just kidding. The drinks were yummy as well, Bill and Cindy had pina coladas, Rich had a bloody mary and I had a pomegranit mojito. Charlie Brown's is always, and I repeat always, packed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. They don't take reservations, but you can call from home before you leave and get you name on the wait list. This cuts down on you wait time. The restaurant can be noisy and there really isn't anything for little kids to do, so unless your children are older I wouldn't bring them here. Ask about their handshake club when you are there, it earns you coupons and other discounts for the restaurant.

We had such a great time during our last visit. We were there for over 3 hours and laughed so hard my sides hurt this morning. The best part was actually surprising my mother and holding hands with my Richie across the table as my family told funny stories about each other.

Favorite Dish: The salad bar, crab cakes, sweet potato fries and any of their mixed drinks.

Rich and Me Bill (my big brother) and me Cindy (Bill's Fiance) and Bill Mom and Rich (Step-dad)

Chilli's Bar and Grill: GOOD ENOUGH MEXICAN

by moiraistyx Written Mar 14, 2008

Chilli's is no where near my favorite place to go for mexican food, but lets face it, its convenient and mexican enough to pass. My last visit to Chilli's was to celebrate with Rich, his family and his closest friends. Lucky for us they were having 2 for 1 margaritas. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my margaritas. We all had a fantastic time talking, laughing, making jokes and toasting to Rich's victory. I have to say that Chilli's does have a very family friendly atmosphere and the service tends to be quick. If you come on a Friday or Saturday night, odds are you're gonna wait about 30 minutes for a table. I highly recommend the Buffalo Chicken Fajitas and the Awesome Blossom, lets not forget those margaritas.

Favorite Dish: Rich and I absolutely love the Buffalo Chicken Fajitas. They are the perfect combination of spicey and cool in every bite. I especially like the ranch dressing they come with and the blue cheese crumbles on the top really add flavor.

Janet and Anna Me, Rob, Janet and Anna, part of John

Cheeseburger in Paradise: JIMMY BUFFET WOULD BE PROUD

by moiraistyx Written Feb 22, 2008

Since the first time I came here last winter, I have loved the fun atmosphere of Cheeseburger in Paradise. They have a great mix of traditional burgers along with spicey newer dishes. I've tried the chicken satay which is flavorful and yummy and the N'Awlins shrimp is super. The last time I came here was to celebrate my 35th birthday with Rich and Patrick. I had such a wonderful time and was even pleased to see the bartender blow a fire ball from behind the bar. Patrick thought that was totally awesome. There's live entertainment almost every Friday after 9. We had a great waitress who actually recognized that I didn't want to be embarassed by the birthday *** and she brought me a simple bowl of ice cream with a candle in it. I gave the ice cream to Patrick since it was chocolate and I hate chocolate ice cream, it was so funny to watch my little boy double bowl it.

Favorite Dish: I love the Pommegranit Mojito and the Bluecheese Blast Burger. The chicken and sausage gumbo is also fantastic

Another pic of the bar area The lights over the bar Patrick and his two bowls

YOU YOU: CHINESE/JAPANESE/SUSHI BAR

by moiraistyx Written Jan 3, 2008

I had been been living in Middletown for months now and been driving past You You twice a day, five days a week; not once to I even take a second look at the Chinese restaurant across the street from our local Walmart. Rich and I trying to figure out where to go for dinner, finally decided we would go here. He had been here before, but this would be my first time. I decided to go outside of my normal sweet and sour chicken and egg foo young choices and go with the seafood delight platter; a mix of scallops, crab meat, lobster and shrimp with broccoli, baby corn, snow peas and water chestnuts in a mild white sauce. Rich ordered the chicken and broccoli platter. Both dished were served with white rice, and the traditional kettle of black tea. The waitstaff was not only friendly, but very attentive and quick. Rich and I noticed that a patron next to us had gotten what we think was a Poo Poo Platter, it was cool and had a flame used for warming up the food in the platter. You You also hosts a Sushi Bar for those of you who enjoy Sushi. What made this restaurant nice was the ocmbination of good food, nice atmosphere and great company. We already talked about coming back for Sushi so I'll update you when I know more.

Favorite Dish: Sea Food Delight-a mix of scallops, crab meat, lobster and shrimp with broccoli, baby corn, snow peas and water chestnuts in a mild white sauce

• Phildagr8's Profile Photo

Wendy's: They have a great baked potato!

by Phildagr8 Written Nov 16, 2005

I used to work here, and the "safest" and most delicious item you can pick is their baked potato. You can get it with cheese and broccoli or just plain. Either way, it's hot and entirely cooked so you don't have to worry about the 'hard uncooked spots'. They have salads, too, so you can actually eat a healthy meal here.

And Wendy's Frostys are 2nd to none, but be careful.. I gained 5 lbs drinking Frostys 3x/wk. They're like a vanilla/chocolate ice cream mixed shake, but so thick you have to use a spoon to eat it.

The restaurant is vacuumed and tile floors are scrubbed every night (when I worked there), so it's pretty clean inside.

Favorite Dish: I used to eat 2 triples with everything, a biggie fries, soda and Frosty. Now, I'd be happy with a potato with broccoli and cheese... or maybe 2....

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Middletown

Comments

Middletown Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Middletown restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Middletown sightseeing.