Middletown Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Middletown

GLOW IN THE DARK MINI GOLF-MONSTER GOLF-NOW CLOSED

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

skull with glowing eyes

Last weekend I get a last minute phone call from Rich saying I just found out about an indoor mini golf thing over by TJ-Max, you guys wanna come out and play. Of course I went, who can resist indoor mini golf. I was amazed when I got there to find that the place was dark as night and lit up with glow in the dark pictures, zombies, monsters, coffins, etc. It was truly fantastic. The kids had a blast playing and exploring all the wonderful creatures. It wasn't until the DJ announced that any child that can get their mother to come up and eat a chocolate covered cricket that they would get a free t-shirt that the real fun began. Patrick jumped all that and dragged me up to the DJ booth. Another mother and I were the only 2 out of about 50 moms that dared to eat the cricket. I was surprised that it tasted like a Nestle Crunch candy. Yes I ate the cricket legs and all and I didn't puke. LOL. The price for he mini golf is free for little kids (about under 3), $5.50 for slightly older kids, $6.50 for slightly older than that and $7.50 for adults. The price is based on height folks so short people make out well. Monster Golf is open during the following days and times:
    Tuesday - Thursday: 2pm-9pm
    Friday: 2pm-10pm
    Saturday: Noon-10pm
    Sunday: Noon-8pm
    Closed Mondays

The kids absolutely loved this place and keep asking to return. There are also video games for the children to enjoy, they are 50 cents to $1.00 to play so pace them wisely.

GRAB YOU SLEDS, YOUR SKATES YOUR SKIIS

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

people going up the tubing hill

Most of friends know me well enough to know that if there is outdoor fun to be had, I know exactly where to go to find it. So this past Saturday, I talked Rich and all the boys into going tubing and sledding out at Orange County Park. We were not disappointed. I had been there in the past with Patrick to go sledding, and had an absolute blast, but this time we were going tubing. Well when I got there I was promptly informed that the tubing sessions are timed and that this session was officially sold out. Good thing I had packed the sleds. So Patrick and I went in search of Rich and the boys who had already gotten their tubing tickets. Oh well another time. The sledding hill is so much fun and unlike tubing its free. Patrick went down the hill at one point and did a full 360 degree flip/wipeout. It was soooooo funny. I should add that my very first and only downhill skiing experience was here. I ended up hurting myself on a patch of ice so I never tried again. They no longer offer downhill skiing but still have cross-country skiing. Check out the website for the tubing schedule and fees, usually $10 per person, so this can be expensive, just remember skiing, skating and sledding are all free. Be prepared for parking to be a royal pain in the behind.

• Skiing and Boarding

PLAYING AT THE PARK

by moiraistyx Written Apr 16, 2009

When I was living in Middletown, I was luck to have a park less than 3 blocks away from my house. Patrick loved to go there, the only problem was that you couldn't go there after dark. This particular park had a big playground structure, a bouncy boat thing, baskeball courts and a large grassy area for children to run around in.

• Fun Flying

by clouddancer Written Nov 3, 2005
    Hang glider coming in for a landing.

If you enjoy something a bit different than the normal activities you are use to,
    you might want to stop bye Randall Airport on a weekend. You have a choice
    of getting towed up in a hang glider to 2500ft and then drift to earth like a bird
    with capt. Ron. You get to see Middletown from a whole different perspective.
    You can also schedule a flight in a powered parachute where you can fly low
    and slow over the onion fields of pine island. Almost low enough to pick them
    right out of the ground. There are also glider rides available at the far end of the
    runway. Or several hot air balloon companies that fly from there. It's aviation heaven
    if you like to put your head in the clouds once in a while..

• Hang Gliding
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Middletown

Comments

Middletown Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Middletown things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Middletown sightseeing.