Monticello Travel Guide

by lashr1999

Monticello Hotels

Monticello Restaurants

by moiraistyx Written Apr 18, 2011

Chinese buffets have sprout up all across the United States allowing American old and young to gorge themselves on dozens of food choices, some healthy others not so healthy. This particular buffet is just like all the rest only they prepare their foods in smaller batches and more often giving diners a much fresher buffet experience than they may be used to. The atmosphere itself leaves much to be desired as does the decor of the restaurant. The wait stuff was attentive and quickly took away the numerous dirty dishes my boys created. Our waitress was funny cause each time she came to our table she commented on the number of boys we had and how proud we must be to have so many boys. One time she made me giggle by asking if we kept trying for a girl.

Favorite Dish: Patrick loves the boneless spare ribs.

I really liked the sushi selections and the crab legs.

Thaddeus liked the different chicken choices.

Sebastian liked the sweet and sour chicken.

Gryphon liked the fruit.

Rich liked it all.

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 18, 2011

The Blue Horizon is a bit of a step back into diner food from when I was a child. When you walk it you are sure to find 5 or 6 elderly gentlemen sitting around the front counter having a debate over the weather. My family is rather large with a head count of 6 or more depending on how many grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends are joining us so we usually get sat in the same area each time we go. The wait staff is always friendly and quick as well as accommodating.

They serve a variety of foods all of which are home made. Last time we went I started my meal off with a cup of chicken noodles soup. The noodles were perfectly done and he broth was perfectly seasoned. I next enjoyed a delicious steak sandwich complete with sauteed peppers, onions and mushroom topped with cheddar cheese. The coffee is endless as are the fountain drinks. Other dishes that I have enjoyed here include the feta and spinach omelet, a traditional gyro, Greek salad and bison burgers. By far one of the most delicious items are their home made french fries.

Favorite Dish: The fries made here are like no other fries I've had out at other places.

• Monticello Hotels

5 Hotels in Monticello

127 Reviews and Opinions

Monticello Nightlife

by moiraistyx Written Apr 19, 2011

A couple years back Richie and I decided to indulge ourselves in some much needed grown up time and took a trip over 17 west to the Monticello Racino as the locals call it. We met up with an old friend of mine who was there for a boxing match and played some slots. I think I won a couple of bucks, but Scott, my friend, won about $50. The casino is alright and offers hundreds of different types of slot machines. They recently added electronic gaming tables for those not interested in slots. Richie and I were able to snap off a couple of pictures before a security guard informed us that pictures are not allowed. All that said, the casino is a nice place to visit once or twice but you'll probably get bored if you are looking for a little excitement.

The casino also has a decent buffet for visitors. The price wasn't over the top and they had some mighty tasty crab legs which I ate at least a dozen of.

Dress Code: Casual, but I believe no flip flops are allowed.

• Casino and Gambling

Monticello Sports & Outdoors

• lashr1999's Profile Photo
    holiday mountain skiing

by lashr1999 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Holiday mountain is 1 1/2 hours away from New York. It is a good place where you can ski, snow tube and go snow tubing. We had a great time.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Monticello

Comments

Monticello Travel Guide
Map of Monticello