New Paltz Restaurants

Dingle Pies

Most Recent Restaurants in New Paltz

Wrapsody Grill: THE BEST WRAPS IN NEW PALTZ

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tuscan turkey wrap with a side salad

I fell in love with this cute little eatery from the very first time I tried it at The Taste of New Paltz 5 years ago. There's indoor and outdoor seating for patrons to enjoy. On a warm Fall day, it was nice for us to enjoy our meal outside. The noise of the cars passing by takes away from the whole experience, but once you bite into your wrap, you will quickly forget all the noise. This place takes cash and credit cards of all kinds. The eatery is open most days from 11 AM to 9 PM. Most wraps and salads will cost you $8 or less. The portions are huge and full of flavor.

Favorite Dish: I've had a few different wraps here. The marinated portabella mushroom wrap is really tasty (Grilled portabella with lettuce, tomato & Pepper Jack Cheese) and so is the cranberry turkey wrap (Thinly sliced turkey with homemade mushroom stuffing and cranberry sauce), but my favorite is the Tuscan Turkey wrap. The Tuscan Turkey wrap is thinly sliced turkey with provolone cheese, spinach, tomatoes and red peppers on a wrap of your choice. You can chose from whole wheat, flour, spinach, sun-dried tomato, or garlic and herb. Try the home brewed iced tea it's really, really tasty.

• donnasue's Profile Photo

Mohonk Picnic Lodge: Hiking Mohonk? Eat at the picninc lodge!

by donnasue Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you walk up - its about 1.5miles to top from the Montain House entrance parking lot. Worth the walk.

For about $20 for 2people - eat huge sandwiches on homemade bread (tuna melts are lush), enjoy homemade soup and pie. Wood fired pizzas too! All in front of a fire -Fall only.

Open weekends only in Spring and Fall.

Favorite Dish: All good

Gilded Otter Brewing Company: IMAGINE THAT, NEW PALTZ HAS A MICRO BREWERY

by moiraistyx Updated May 11, 2010

THE GILDED OTTER

My friend Patrick and I decided at the last minute to bring the kids out for dinner. So he suggested we come here because on Wednesday nights kids under 12 eat for free. I had to work late so he picked little Patrick up at my folks house and they all met me at the restaurant. If you don't like kids, do not come here on a Wednesday night, because kids are every where. On any other night of the week this place is filled with adults enjoying the Otter's great menu and fantastic micro brews.

Favorite Dish: I had the bar-b-que pork sandwich which was very tasty. Patrick had a pizza made with caramalized onions, Gorgonzola cheese and pear, I stole a taste and was so glad I did. The kids had a mix of chicken paws and ziti. For desert the children had ice cream sandwiches and Patrick (Mallory's dad) and I shared a delicious slice of cheese cake and dish of ice cream.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Village Tea Room: Tiny Place with Big Flavor

by cjg1 Updated Dec 18, 2009
    Dingle Pies

This is one of Mom's favorite places to have lunch so we have often taken her here when we are visiting. It's a average sized place with two levels. The first floor has seating along with the bakery counter, upstairs is smaller with a few scatterd tables. The decor is very plain with nothing that really catches the eye. Liz calls it a barn with good food... When we dine here; we prefer sitiing upstairs since it is quieter and in the warmer months the windows provide a nice breeze.

The menu has a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, desserts and entrees. The menu indicates which items are gluten free, vegetarian or vegan (which was something I wouldn't have expected here but I later found out that the establishment is very organic and health oriented).

Our first visit here, I decided on the Dingle pies; two Irish lamb pies served with a Mesclun salad. Mom ordered the chicken salad sandwich with a salad. Liz ordered the goat cheese, roasted vegetable and pesto on a Ciabatta roll. Liz and I had ice teas and Mom had wine. The food was very good and we were hapy with our selections. Mom and I passed on dessert but Liz ordered a ginger snap cookie. It was a nice lunch with my two favorite women.

Favorite Dish: The dingle pies are very good and filling. The salad is perfect as a side dish and is very fresh. Liz enjoys the goat cheesewith roasted vegetables on a roll. Mom enjoys her salad and chicken sandwich (it is her favorite).

Toscanis: THIS RESTAURANT CLOSED IN SEPTEMBER 2008

by moiraistyx Written May 19, 2009

This used to be a nice little family owned Italian restaurant. Unfortunately it closed down back in September of 2008 and remains closed to this day. When you walk by it you can read their old menu posted in their window, but alas, the windows are painted over and not a light to be seen for months now. Patrick goes to school with the grandchildren of the guy who owned the place, he reported that they have no plans of reopening.

• haunted1030's Profile Photo

Guilded Otter: Now That's a Home Brew

by haunted1030 Updated Apr 30, 2009

Trish and I have come here a few times now. I really like this place. It's very homey and cozy. the food is really good and so is the beer. The decorate for just about every season and on Halloween the staff all wore costumes.

• haunted1030's Profile Photo

GOURMET PIZZA: Pizza By the Slice or By the Pie

by haunted1030 Updated Apr 30, 2009

This is a cute little ma an pop pizza parlor located along Main St. We stopped here before heading over to The Muddy Cup to play some cards. We all had cheese slices except Patrick who had pepperoni on his. The kids loved each bite.

The Village Tea Room: A NICE LUNCH WITH MOM

by moiraistyx Written Mar 3, 2009
    The outside

Finding a place to enjoy a somewhat decent meal with my mom tends to be a little on the difficult side to her her having an allergy to wheat and an allergy to gluten. We were happy when a family friend recommended The Village Tearoom to us. What was really convenient was that the menu is labeled with v for vegetarian and c for gluten free. I didn't particularly care for the atmosphere, it was a bit stuffy and snobbish for me, but the food was good and it wasn't too expensive. I would like to come back for dinner and wine one evening.

Favorite Dish: My mom and I both decided to have salads, but since it was our first trip we each got something different. My mom got the Gravlax Salad which is House Cured Salmon, Mesclun, Cucumber, Red Onion & Capers with a Lemon Vinaigrette and I got the Apple Chutney Chicken Salad
    Local Mesclun, Sliced Apples, Murray’s Chicken. Both were delicious.

The Muddy cup: ECLECTIC COFFEE HOUSE

by moiraistyx Updated Mar 3, 2009
    Patrick and me playing Old Maid, Gryphon in front

Who doesn't love a nice hot cup of cocoa or coffee on a cold and windy day. After we enjoyed some pizza, Richie and I took the boys for some hot cocoa at The Muddy Cup. The kids were pleasantly surprised when they walked in and saw a bunch of couches and chairs for them to lounge around on. Richie and I were happy that a cup of cocoa wasn't going to send us to the poor house. We all spent about half an hour sipping our drinks and playing some cards. Patrick hated that he got beat 3 times in a row at Old Maid. One of the ladies sitting behind us had a beautiful dog with her. He was friendly and of course Patrick had to pet her. The only things I didn't like about The Muddy Cup, were all the dust that floated up when you walked on the rug and the fact that some of the couches and chairs were just down right uncomfortable. The fact is that all the couches and chairs must have come from rummage sales, but that's part of the charm of the place. I can imagine sitting in here reading a book and sipping coffee for hours. This is a great place to spend a cold afternoon with friends and family enjoying some great conversation and fantastic coffee.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the carmel latte and the boys loved their hot cocoa.

Gourmet Pizza: YUMMY NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA

by moiraistyx Updated Mar 3, 2009
    Gryphon and Hammy enjoying a slice

Gourmet Pizza is a small pizza shop located in the middle of a bunch of stores and coffee shops. There are about 6 tables to sit at and one big counter to place your order at. While we were there, there was an endless train of traffic coming in and out of the shop. Most folks seemed to order a slice or two and then leave. The boys all enjoyed a slice, Patrick had one with pepperoni. Slices are gonna run you about $2.25 each, $2.80 with a topping. They have a variety of beverages, including beer. The boys laughed at a sign in the store which had a set of rules. What they found funny was the fact that it had "NO FIGHTING" listed 3 times. The pizza was very tasty and the workers were very nice and quick to get your order. If you get bored there's a pin ball machine to pass some time.

Favorite Dish: I had a slice of cheese pizza.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Toscani: An Okay Italian Place

by cjg1 Written Dec 8, 2008

Liz and I ate here with my Mom and her boyfriend to celebrate our engagement. The location was good, right on Main Street and not too far from my Mom's. The restaurant itself is the typical Italian restaurant decor. The menus were a bit confusing, one for pasta and appetizers and a seperate one for entrees. The waiter was friendly but a bit nervous (he had said it was his first night).

The food was okay, nothing to write home about but the company was excellent.

Favorite Dish: Liz and I split a Caesar salad which wasn't half bad. I ordered the pasta with brocolli and chicken. It was okay but not what I hoped for. Liz had the hot antipasto for her meal and she said it was okay but not thrilled.

La Stazione Italian Restaurant: GREAT ITALIAN IN THE MIDDLE OF HIPPY CENTRAL

by moiraistyx Updated Sep 23, 2008

I have the great luck of living near a fantastic Italian restaurant. I have been to La Stazione on three occasions in the last year. Twice for just a glass or two of wine and once for dinner. The atmosphere is great and the food is fantastic. You get huge portions for what you pay. I like most people can barely finish half of what the give, so the rest goes home to become tomorrows lunch.

Favorite Dish: Linguine Carbonara

Harvest Cafe: FINE AMERICAN AND VEGETARIAN CUISINE

OUTSIDE DINING AREA

On a cold, rainy Saturday one weekend, I got a call from a friend wanting to know if he could bring me out for the birthday dinner he promised me back in February. Of course I went. I was tired of being cooped up in the house. My folks agreed to watch Patrick and off we went. We didn't get to enjoy the deck due to the large amount of rain we were getting, but we definitely loved the dining room. The atmosphere was friendly and inviting and the service was wonderful. I highly recommend this little place next to the rail trail.

The establishment offers seasonal American & Vegetarian cuisine. It is open on Sunday serving a breakfast buffet from 9:30am - 1:00pm and the following days and times.

Mon-Thurs. 11-9
    Fri. & Sat. 11-10
    Sun. 9:30-9

Favorite Dish: The Jambalaya was absolutely fantastic. The dish is made from jumbo shrimp, chicken and andouille sausage tossed with yellow rice and spicy tomato broth. I combined this wonder dish with the 2001 Salmon Point, White Zinfandel. It was a great combination. My date started the meal off with the golden pear salad a wonderful mixture of sweet Boston bibb lettuce and golden pears tossed with spicy cashews and lavender champagne vinaigrette. As his main dish he had the shrimp and scallops. All the food was fantastic.

• Wine Tasting

The Bakery: GREAT PASTRIES AND HOME MADE MEALS

THE BAKERY

This is one of my favorite places to stop in New Paltz for a snack or a delectable dessert. I have been hear nearly a dozen times over the last two years and each time I go, I am treated with a new treat. Some times it's a new pastry others a great piece of cake. It really doesn't matter what you get here, I guarantee it will be delicious. Make sure you check out the daily soup specials. They have an excellent butternut squash soup. One of the best deals they have is the Breakfast Special. It is a large coffee with your choice of a cinnamon roll, bagel, muffin, danish or scone for $1.99. I absolutely love the cinnamon rolls. I usually get that and share it with Patrick. They have an upstairs dining area or an outside area with wooden chairs and tables. Space is limited as far as seating goes so plan to come during non peak hours if you want to sit indoors. The Bakery also hosts poetry and book readings on occasion, check the website for details.

Favorite Dish: Butternut Squash Soup, Cinnamon Rolls, Scones

• Women's Travel

• krzykrl's Profile Photo

The Gilded Otter: Beer Lovers Paradise

by krzykrl Written May 5, 2007

I have been to the Gilded Otter twice now. Both times after spending a day in the sun on or near the Shawangunk ridge. Both times my companions and I ate out on the patio overlooking the ridge. To get to the patio, you must cross through the main restaurant which houses the brewery.

If you are a beer lover, you can get a sampler of their beers to see which you would like to order. You will have a tough time deciding which you like best (if you like beer).

The food is good and hits the spot. While it isn't the best food I have ever had I never left anything on my plate. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable.

Favorite Dish: During my last visit I ordered your standard Cheese Burger. It was cooked to taste and was delicious.

• Mountain Climbing

Instant Answers: New Paltz

Comments

New Paltz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of New Paltz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Paltz sightseeing.