New Paltz Restaurants

Dingle Pies

Most Recent Restaurants in New Paltz

Stazione: Good Wine. Cheap Italian

by cjg1 Updated Oct 6, 2006

This is a place I've been to a couple of times. Located in the old train station down at the end of Main street behind the Guilded Otter. With a nice small bar area and a comfortable dining room I must say its one of my favorite places in town. This place will forever be in my mind for specific memories. Good and bad. I recommend it to anyone coming to town.

Favorite Dish: The food is all very good. They give large sized portions for not too much money. But for me I come here for the wine list. It is a wonderful way to end a day here in town if its already dark and the Harvest Cafe is no longer an outside option.

• Wine Tasting

P & G's: Commonly called Pigs. A great Lunch Place

by cjg1 Updated Sep 25, 2006

This place has been around for forever. I remember going to a babysitter when i was about 3 or 4 just around the corner from here. It was a happening bar back then. Still is. And has an excellent menu for lunch and dinner. At night it turns into a nightlife spot.

Favorite Dish: I usually go with a sandwich of some sorts. Chicken usually being my favorite.

Main Street Bistro: So Many Choices

by cjg1 Updated Sep 25, 2006

This place came highly recommended. As expected we had to wait to get a seat. And worth the wait it was. The food was very good. The decor was fitting. And I basically just enjoyed myself while there.

Favorite Dish: I couldnt decide what to have. Almost everything on the menu looked great. So I settled on one of the specials thinking I could always eat off the menu another time. It was a Large crispy tortilla (12 inch or so) filled with chicken, olives, peppers and spinach.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Harvest Cafe: The Reisling was excellent

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 3, 2006

Harvest Cafe

The restaurant is located on the upper level of an antique and shopping market. When you climb the steps to the restaurant you will be on a deck like porch overlooking the Walkill River, Rail Trail and the Rail Trail bridge with majestic views of the Mountains.

The interior of the restaurant is on the small side with a bar and a few tables. It seems to have a friendly home feeling and I noticed a few families visiting their kids (attending the SUNY) having dinner here.

The waitresses bring out glasses of water with lemon wedges in them along with a basket of assorted breads and crackers. A nice treat if you only want a lite snack.

The prices were affordable and the menu quite extensive. I can't really recall the awards the restaurant has receieved, but apparently for the past three years they have received awards for "Best Hudson Valley Restaurant" (I'll have to verify the actual title given, but I believe this is it).

Favorite Dish: We weren't looking for a place to eat, just a place to have a drink and maybe dessert. We orderd a bottle of the Resiling and sipped it looking over the porch to the horizon.

The family next to our table ordered the filet mignon and some salads which looked srumptious. I guess I'll have to try some next time we are visiting.

The dessert, oh how delicious. We each ordered one dessert. The cheesecake, although I am not a huge fan of cheesecake. They offer cheesecake du jour (that particular day was the cheesecake with pistaccio cream) and the lava cake, a chocolate mousse cake.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Harvest Cafe: Value in food with view.

by cjg1 Written Apr 3, 2006

Came here the other day for a quick snack. Outside seating is available. Had a nice bottle of wine and some cheesecake. Excellent way to use a couple afternoon hours after touring town.

For those that care you get AA miles with the dining program at this place.

• kazander's Profile Photo

Moon Light Cafe: Fantastic Falafel Fiesta

by kazander Written Jun 21, 2005

Falafel

On our way up the New York Thruway to Kaaterskill Falls, we popped into New Paltz for some lunch. Unbenknownst to us, it was the day of the Gay Pride parade so there was lots of hubbub in the streets. Luckily we found a place to park before the parade started and after wandering mainstreet for a little while, we came upon the Moon Light cafe. When we walked in we weren't sure if we were actually going to stay. The place is really not much to look at, feels almost like a 7-11. We plunked ourselves down in the booth right up by the front window (great people watching spot) and hoped for the best. We were not disappointed, the food was fantastic!

Favorite Dish: I had an Honest tea and the "Falafel Fiesta" which consisted of a salad with feta cheese, hummus and pita triangles and of course falafel. mmmm delicious! Lou got a root beer and the Mediterranean combo, which was falafel, pitas, hummus, an eggplant something or other and a salad.(there might have been something else I don't recall) It was a very enjoyable meal!

• arissat's Profile Photo

Mountain Brauhaus Restaurant: Good German food...

by arissat Updated Oct 22, 2003

They have a good German-American type of home cooking. Very taste. I believe that on their web page the prices are not updated. When we were there the prices were a little bit higher.
    Note that they are closed Mon and Tue.

Favorite Dish: Wiener Schnitzel was delicious!

McGillicuddy's: Pub with a Super Chef

by cjg1 Updated Aug 17, 2003

As much as New Paltz nightlife was such a part of my life a way back when I must admit that I started coming to this place because of the Chef. He used to work at one of our locals in PineBush. Earned his reputation there and then moved on to help start this place.

Favorite Dish: The food here can be quite incredible. I mostly get something off the lunch specials menu. Too hard to have to decide off the menu so the "hey I cant this again" helps me decide.

Bacchus: Wonderful Lunch Place

by cjg1 Written Aug 17, 2003

This is a small place on 208 that I sometimes go to for lunch. It has a glassed in porch area and also tables inside.

Favorite Dish: I had a grilled chicken sandwich. It was really good on a kaiser roll. The mustard sauce was probably the best part. Sadly I wasnt terribly hungary and didnt eat it all then. Took it with me. The food was good. The setting was good. And ofcourse what makes any meal great is the stellar company.

• Wine Tasting

• donnasue's Profile Photo

The Everready Diner: Worth the drive for the BEST gourmet diner!

by donnasue Written Sep 26, 2002

This is most definitely worth the drive to Hyde Park off Rt.9. About 20minutes from New Paltz - and visit FDR and the Vanderbilt Estate while you are there!

Diner with top gourmet food - as gourmet as it gets for a diner! I have drive 1 1/2hours just to eat there on a spontaneous moment.

Try everything! Big quantities though - go hungry!

• donnasue's Profile Photo

P&Gs: Suprising good food for a Pub

by donnasue Written Sep 26, 2002

The favorite college beer hangout - but you would be amazed at the good, inexpensive food. Great chili and salmon sandwich. Plus - I always get memory flashbacks of dancing on the tables there in my college hey day!

• feline01's Profile Photo

Main Street Bistro: Main Street Bistro

by feline01 Written Aug 26, 2002

Veggie burgers are decent. Few vegan entrees and many vegetarian entrees. On-site bakery produces some great vegan treats and some regular bakery products. Menu also has dead animal and fish. Restaurant has small but decent selection of beer and wine. Reasonable prices. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Instant Answers: New Paltz

Comments

New Paltz Restaurants

Reviews and photos of New Paltz restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Paltz sightseeing.