New Rochelle Restaurants

• Fried Basket of Shrip, Clams and Scallops
    Fried Basket of Shrip, Clams and...
    by cjg1
    Unidentified Fried Objects (U.F.O)
    Cheeseburger and Onion Rings

Most Recent Restaurants in New Rochelle

(CLOSED)On The Waterfront: Ok Idine

by cjg1 Updated Apr 28, 2013

Unidentified Fried Objects (U.F.O)

So I’ve been here a few times now, five or six if I had to guess. The food is generally ok... sometimes it's good and sometimes it's sub par. I’m not going to go out of my way to come here for that. But the atmosphere is quite fun and always leads to an entertaining moment or three.

One of the best parts of this is that it is an idine on most nights of the week. Check the website ahead of time to be sure you’re covered.

The outside seating here is rather nice. You are able to just relax and enjoy the outside on the waterfront. A nice place to relax and chill with friends over a couple drinks or snacks or even dinner.

Favorite Dish: I have had the cheeseburger and a variety of their fried baskets that are on the back page of their menu. Along with that they offer your usual picks of appetizers including the combination plate, the home of the unidentified fried objects.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

THE SURF CLUB: CHRISTMAS WITH A HUGE ITALIAN FAMILY

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

Richie and me enjoying the company and little P

I was a bit nervous when hearing that I was going to be meeting Richie's Italian side of the family. I had heard all the names and seen all the pictures and heard story after story about all of his Aunts, Uncles and cousins, but I honestly was not prepared to see hundreds of relatives in one room and to be greeted by each and every one of them in the tradition Italian style. I have to say I felt very welcomed and loved all at the same time.

This place was absolutely magical from start to finish. At the door we were greeted by servers with some type of Kahlua drink and appetizers. They had everything from scallops wrapped in bacon to sesame chicken. Patrick and Sebastian were the daring children of our 4 and tried just about everything, including the Bruchetta. I really enjoyed the Eggplant Companata & ricotta salata over crispy garlic baguette. The eggplant was so tender it seemed to melt in my mouth. My favorite place in the club was at the top of the marble staircase. From there you had a full view of the lobby along with the Christmas tree and the huge gingerbread house. At the top of the stairs was a wreath that had to be a full story high. It was truly beautiful and magical.

From the lobby you walked into the main area which had table and chairs on each side of a really large dance floor. There was a magician to entertain the little ones and a face painter ready to make them all look ever so special. Patrick was captivated by the magician, who seemed to have a dozen or so animals to use in his tricks. I thought the black bunny was totally awesome. Patrick liked the white rat. We were treated to performances by Lisa Lisa from Cult Jam and Judy Torres. The performers, also known as 80's dance queens, were available for pictures and autographs after the had sung. I had a ball watching all the kids dancing. They seemed to be having the time of their lives. There were 5 rolling bars for all the party goers to enjoy. My mother in law kept bringing me the most yummy Raspberry Cosmopolitans ever. I think I have a new favorite drink.

There was a totally separate room for the food. We had three separate serving times, appetizers, main course and dessert. The appetizers had the traditional Italian antipasta makings along with breads, cheeses, fruits, olives, tomatoes, and salads. Dinner had just about everything you could want from pork to beef to lasagna to tripe to rabbit to nachos and pizza. We managed to find something for each child amongst all the choices. My favorite course was most definitely the desserts. I tried flan and cheesecake some canollies and some gellato. It was all so yummy.

The night ended with a visit from Santa at around 11. Each child there was given a gift from the man in red himself. The parents were given the chance to take a picture of their child with Santa, which was perfect for us since Thaddeus had never had the nerve to go near Santa and on this special night he actually sat on Santa's lap. We were thrilled.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the scallops wrapped in bacon and the raspberry cosmopolitans. The main dish I liked the most was the freshly made tortellini in cream sauce. My favorite dessert was by far the flan. It was so smooth and creamy.

Buffalo Wild Wings: Suprisingly Good

by cjg1 Updated Sep 29, 2009

Nachos

I’ve been only been to this location a few times to dine in although we've gotten take out from it also. It surprises me the ups and downs of a service business. We normally frequent the Portchester location due to its close proximity to our home. This location is ot as good in my opinion as the Port Chester location but it is right in New Roc City and close to the IMAX. So when dropping in for a movie it's a nice way to catch a snack.

Favorite Dish: The food here is quite good. I am just in shock that I am saying this about a chain place. I recommend you get a burger or nachos as they have been consistently good.

• Beer Tasting

The Surf Club: Italian Wedding

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2009

The Surf Club is one of those New Rochelle Beach Clubs/Catering Halls. I had seen pictures of the place before since Liz had her first wedding at the Surf Club. The place is prety big on the inside. Personally I think the chandelier in the main entrance is way too big for the space. The wedding was in the second floor banquet room. The cocktail hour had tons of food. Different stations were all over the tented terrace. A pasta station, cheese, seafood, meat, fruit and chinese. There was way too much food. The reception was nice with decent music and the typical wedding stuff like the Chicken Dance. The dinner was good and included a mixed salad, pasta and a nice surf and turf. The wedding cake was blah...some kind of lemon filling with white cake. The venetian hour(first time I heard it called that) was packed with all types of desserts and ice cream. After stuffing in some lobster tails and cream puffs we called it quits. There is only so much food you can eat.

Applebees: A Quick Snack before Catching a Movie

by cjg1 Written Jan 29, 2009

Applebee's is not a place I'd come for a meal. It is strictly a snack place for me. When we are in the mood for a quick snack before a movie then we stop in for some nachos or some dessert. The nachos are pretty good and are piled high with toppings. We haven't been dissapointed with the nachos yet so we continue to come.

We actually prefer the nachos at Bufalo Wild Wings but sometimes they are too crowded and too long of a wait so Applebees is our second choice.

Favorite Dish: Nachos

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

On the Waterfront: On the Waterfront

by Gypsystravels Updated Dec 12, 2008

My Shrimp basket

We've been to this restaurant a couple of times and I've enjoyed my meal (Ferni didn't the first time around) and the atmosphere wasn't so bad either. The restaurant is causal family dining. The interior of the restaurant looks like they docked a barge and gutted it out to make way for a dinning area with a pretty large bar. There is a porch/deck where you can choose to have your meal (if the weather is nice) while over looking a small marina.

The menu is quite extensive having something to please everyone. They have soups, salads, pasta, burgers, finger foods, sandwichs and an assortment of other dishes to choose from.

The food is good but not great. Ferni loves chicken and whenever chicken tenders are on the menu he usually orders it. He wasn't thrilled with the chicken tenders on his first visit and said he wouldn't order it again. During our second visit he decided to have a burger. He said the burger was quite good and wouldn't bother ordering anything else on the menu (he is a bit of a picky eater, lol). I usually order from the basket selections which come with fries.

Favorite Dish: I've ordered the shrimp basket and the sole basket both times and was quite happy. Ferni didn't care for the chicken tenders the first time (tasteless and undercooked) and ordered a hamburger the second time around. He was quite happy with his burger. I had soda with lemon and Ferni had a Corona both times.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Buffallo Wild Wings: Buffalo Wild Wings

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 14, 2008

Buffalo Wild Wings is a "chain" restaurant with locations all over the country. Ferni and I were at the New Roc City IMAX theatre and decided to stop here before the movie for a quick bit and a drink.

I AM not particularly found of chain restaurants, the food usually lacks quality and taste and other than the burgers and sandwiches, most of the food is heated up in a microwave (Applebee's and the likes are known for this, yuk!).

But, with that said we decided to check it out and we actually thought our choices were good.

Favorite Dish: We decided to order two items from the menu, the cheeseburger sliders, three mini cheeseburgers with a side of fries and the potato wedges.

We were actually surprised at the quality and freshness of our selections. The burgers were quite juicy and the wedges were tasty.

Ferni had a beer, I decided to have a club soda with lemon.

• spgood301's Profile Photo

Mo's New York Grill: His restaurant's great, and he can pitch too!

by spgood301 Written Sep 7, 2006

So, you're looking for a delicious steak in a classy restaurant in New York's suburbs. With wonderful ambience and fine service. And, you've got the kids. And the Yankees are on - you gotta see the game too. You're thinking, "I'll never find all of that in one restaurant".

Wanna bet? Head to Mo's New York Grill, right in downtown New Rochelle. Oh, there are plenty of other things to eat there - seafood & chops - and they're all delicious. But, take my advice: go to Mo's for the steaks. You won't find a better steak anywhere in the New York area.

Mo's New York Steakhouse does have a dress code, so don't wear those ratty old jeans there. But dressing a bit is so worth it when the food is this good.

And yes, you can watch the Yankees there on the big screen TV. For good reason too: "Mo" is Mariano Rivera, the Yankees' star relief pitcher. Not only is he a great pitcher, but he owns a fantastic restaurant too.

Favorite Dish: I had the twin filet mignon. It's served in a wine sauce, with carrots and whipped potatoes. One of the best steaks I've ever had.

Instant Answers: New Rochelle

Comments

New Rochelle Restaurants

Reviews and photos of New Rochelle restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Rochelle sightseeing.