NYPD, New York City

Know about this?

• NYPD
    by icunme
  • "only 6 more hrs & we go home..."
    by davequ
    Police patrols in stand-by
    by 1W1V
  • Paul2001's Profile Photo

Watch a movie being made

by Paul2001 Updated Aug 1, 2014

I wandering the streets of the East Village when I came across this little scene. There was a movie crew at work and lots of spectators. I decided to check out what was going on and found myself accidently being part of the street backdrop for the movie which was filming as I walked past. When I stopped and looked at the shop where they were filming, I could see that the man at the window was John Travolta. I was amused (I am not a fan). Although you cannot see him clearly the man he is talking to is probably Robin Williams. It was fun to watch a movie being made although living in Toronto, this is not a unique experience. Since there so many TV and Movie projects filmed in New York I suppose the locals hardly take notice. Actually after realizing it was a movie starring both John Travolta and Robin Williams I was thinking that maybe I should have called the NYPD bomb squad and have it stopped.

John Travolta is the man at the window.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

New York's Finest

by BeatChick Written Oct 18, 2008

We were happy to encounter a crew of 3 of New York's finest (NYPD) in Greenwich Village. It breaks my heart to see them when I think of what happened to so many brave souls during 9/11 but I didn't mention it to them.

I DID get a photo of them, though. You can see from the looks on their faces how thrilled they were for the photo op. ;)

• icunme's Profile Photo

Hangin out with the NYPD

by icunme Updated Mar 31, 2007

Here's New York's finest in Battery Park with our kids - and they are so great with the kids - generally courteous and make an effort to help you out - unintimadating, which says alot these days!

• davequ's Profile Photo

NYCs Finest

by davequ Updated Nov 17, 2005

Kinda' felt sorry for this police officer & his poor horse as they pretty much were doomed to standing around in the Times Sq. traffic with nothing more to do than get photographed by tourists like me.

The horse looked fed up, the policeman bored out of his skull.

Better that I suppose than having to chase down "cowboy-style" some dirtball purse-snatcher in traffic.

• Hiking and Walking

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

New Yorks Finest

by sue_stone Updated Aug 15, 2004

My husband was particularly excited by his first glimpse of a member of the NYPD - New York Police Department.......especially as it was a motor cycle cop, and he is a bit of a bike fan.

I think he has been watching too much NYPD Blues......

We did see a lot of the NYPD during our stay in New York, and I liked that - always feels safer with a good police presence.

the law

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

NYPD

by Nathalie_B Updated Mar 5, 2004

I decided to add this tip because lately I heard a lot of remarks stereotyping the police men in New York. Living, for a while, in the city I can tell you that they are just human beings exactly like you and me. I never met any rude police officer in New York. More than this, they were very helpful many many times. When I needed some directions they where the first ones I approached,and always got a polite answer. More than this, once a police officer even walked me to the bar I was looking for, 'cause it was a few blocks away and he decided that it would be better to show me the way instead of giving confusing directions.
    If you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

• 1W1V's Profile Photo

Security First !!

by 1W1V Written Jul 20, 2005

NYPD patrol, visibility = prevention.
    NYPD, serving and protecting
    They are everywhere in Manhattan and it 's a good thing !

Police patrols in stand-by

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels