Agozar, New York City

324 Bowery at Bleecker 212 677 6773

Know about this? Rate It!

Liz and Laura enjoyig their Sangria
    My wife enjoying her Sangria
    Empanadas
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Agozar: Happy Hour Tapas

by cjg1 Updated Sep 20, 2010

This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. A small and comfortable place they have a couple rooms for hosting your latest party or tables and a bar to just chill in private conversation. The walls are bricked over and there are candle lights on the them that give an atmostphere not to be missed. They have 5-8 happy hour every day with 2 for 1 drinks and tapas. The food here is very good; order up a few small dishes to share. The drinks here are good and they make a nice Sangria.

My last visit here was with my wife, our friend Laura and my brother. We had a seat at the bar to enjoy some snacks and drinks. I had a Dos Equis, Ilko had Bourbon and Coke and Laura and Liz enjoyed some Sangria. We ordered the empanitas along with the plantain chips. The empanitas were very good; three empanitas with beef, chicken and mushroom (I prefered the meat best). The plantain chips were excellent with a sprinle of crunchy sea salt. They came with a side of black bean dip and guacamole. It was a fun time especially with the DJ playing some great music that the girls loved while sipping their sangria.

Bonus!!! is this restaurant is on the idine list for American Airlines.

My wife enjoying her Sangria Empanadas Fried Plantains with dip Liz and Laura enjoyig their Sangria

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Agozar: Cuban Cuisine and Great Drinks

by HotRodEtte Written Sep 6, 2007

This was the chosen dinner spot for our last night in NY. Excellent Cuban food and strong, tasty drinks made for a fun night. We got to experience happy hour where drinks were buy 1 get one half off all night (this was a Sunday night before Labor Day). Definitely helped when we got our bill!

Dress Code: Casual, no major dress code required.

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo

Agozar!: A very nice lounge

by irishgalmtl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Were I first meet fellow VTers for a drink. A very comfy place although the place was preparing for a party, let us in for a few drinks anyways.

Dress Code: Casual

Meeting for a drink before supper.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels