Dempsey's, New York City

61 2ND Ave (212) 388-0662

Know about this? Rate It!

An interesting bunch of patrons
    Stella, Miller Lite & a Jack & Coke
    Liz and I enjoying Dempsey's
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Dempsey's: East Village Pub

by cjg1 Updated Sep 20, 2010

Liz and I enjoying Dempsey's

This place is a nice mellow pub that I have never seen packed. It still had people in it, but never packed to the gills. I come here a lot. I'd say about eight times a year. I have used it as a VT meeting place. I also use it for just a place to go have a drink before or after dinner in the east village. It is just a good feeling pub with good service and a decent variety of beers and drinks.

Our most recent excursion to Dempsey's was on a Pub crawl with our friend Laura. The bar was a bit crowded with football fan but we still managed to find seats and enjoy some drinks.

Dress Code: Casual. Anything goes.

• Beer Tasting

• Dimi1's Profile Photo

Dempsey's Pub: Dempsey's Pub

by Dimi1 Written Mar 31, 2005

Dempsey's Pub

61 2nd Ave. (btw. 3rd & 4th Sts.) (212) 388-0662

This East Village Irish Pub has live Traditional Irish music every Tuesday and Bluegrass every Wednesday.

Hours: 11:30am - 3:30am, Mon - Sat; noon - 3:30am on Sunday. No cover. Ages 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Dempsey's Pub: Hang out with some locals

by acemj Written Sep 1, 2003

The VT gang has been known to throw back a few cold ones, and this night was no exception. Chris, Natalie, Jen, Gail, David, me, my friend Elizabeth and her sister Jennifer hung out here for awhile after eating a great dinner in the Village.

Dress Code: Come as you are. A laid back pub with plenty of seating and a pool table in the back.

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

Forbidden Broadway: Take in a show!

by Radiomom Written Aug 21, 2003

2nd Row Center for $32/each!

This show is great...it changes a bit each year because it lampoons what-ever is currently "hot" on Broadway. There is a four-person cast that is fabulous -- wonderful voices, great comedic timing -- accompanied by a terrific piano man. You'll get spangles and feathers and neck-braces (oh, my) and some slightly dirty jokes, but nothing that you couldn't let a middle schooler skate past. We went with my grown daughter and her roommate and had a blast. Discount seats are available from www.playbill.com and other discount web sites. This is the musical for people who love musicals...and also for people who hate musicals! You'll all laugh and thoroughly enjoy yourselves.

Dress Code: Casual. Oh, they probably require shirts.
    :-)

• Theater Travel

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels