Earth, New York City

116a Tenth Avenue 212-337-0016

Know about this? Rate It!

I love this guy
    Me, Ro and Mark
    by Gypsystravels
    Can you tell we're havin' fun?
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Earth: Geisha Birthday Celebration

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 28, 2007

Me, Ro and Mark

Located in trendy Chelsea, Earth is a new restaurant/lounge with some great East Asian fare. We came to Earth to help Ro celebrate her birthday with a NYC BASH.

After dinner, hang around and enjoy the music.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Earth NYC: A Memorable Night on EARTH

by Geisha_Girl Written Aug 17, 2006

Just the right ambience on Earth

As I was searching out this year's venue for the annual Geisha Birthday Bash, I knew exactly what I was looking for: A cool hangout where my friends can lounge, drink, eat, and dance in an intimate atmosphere. Earth provided exactly that.

It was small enough so that we didn't get lost in the crowd, yet large enough to accomodate all 15 of us.

As you enter the dining room, you're welcomed into a large dining room with high ceilings and a wall lit with hundreds of flickering candles.

The menu provided yummy dishes with a Southeast Asian theme. They have a full-service bar, and the wait staff were very friendly to our rambunctious crowd.

You can casually enjoy your dinner, but starting at 11pm they start to move the crowd over to make room for the dancefloor. When the DJ subtlely starts to turn on the bass then you know it's time to shake some ass.

At midnight, the Belly Dancers come out and entertain the already well-fed, and well-drunken crowd.

It's a party within a party and the DJ spins every danceable tune that you can sing along with (Beyonce, Shakira, Old School metal, even Micheal Jackson makes a cameo in the music line-up)

We had a fantastic time at EARTH.

I was a happy happy birthday girl that night seeing my friends get down and get wild. When your guests can't remember a darn thing that happened the night before......you know your party was a huge success!

Dress Code: The crowd at Earth was casually stylish. No strict dress code, but keep in mind after 11pm, the Doormen get stricter and they start pulling the power on who gets past the velvet ropes. So dress to impress just to be safe.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels