Fat Black Pussy Cat, New York City

Know about this? Rate It!

The Fat Black Pussycat
    by bottleofdoom
  • Fat Black Pussy Cat: Cushions, Candles and a Kitty Cat

by AndyJS Written Oct 9, 2003

We were having a bad night, my friend's birthday bash at Tortilla Flats, in the West Village, was a bit flat - not exactly a party atmosphere and neither the food nor drinks were great. We decided to walk into Greenwich Village - unlike London the bars in NY aren't densely packed together and we had all but given up hope when we stumbled on the Fat Black Pussy Cat - we loved the opulent decor and the candles of the backroom, the music was good and the drinks and eats sound. We stayed til 4!

Dress Code: Casual

• bottleofdoom's Profile Photo

The Fat Black Pussycat: Fun Place

by bottleofdoom Updated Apr 14, 2003

The Fat Black Pussycat

After watching The Halloween Parade, we headed to this bar. It was packed with costumed people, so we had to go past the pool tables around the corner to the back lounge area. Very cool atmosphere and rather large place. There is one bar, but cocktail waitresses come around the lounge area to take your order. I think bands play here too. I liked the lounge area because it had big, fluffy chairs and sofas. The only downside was the smoke, you could cut it with a knife. I'm sure it was more ventilated in the bar area. Still a great place to check out, you shouldn't miss it.

Dress Code: None

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels