McSorley's Ale House, New York City

15 E. 7th St. (212) 473-9148

Know about this? Rate It!

• McSorley's Ale House
    by Peterodl
  • bennforlife's Profile Photo

McSorley's Ale House: My Home Away From Home

by bennforlife Written Dec 20, 2013

Seriously, I want to move to East Village just to become a regular here.

Just a couple singles gets you not one, but TWO delicious hand crafted beers. And it's not that crap Miller Light, gotta be ice-cold, tap the stupid Rockies crap. It's room temperature (the way God intended all fine alcohol to be... whiskey, cognac, red wine, beer, etc) and has plenty of body. You've got two choices - light or dark.

The bartender (or should I say beertender) was cool, as was the guy who kept piling up glass after glass of that sweet dark candy onto our table. All the customers were pretty chill. I think anyone of any age (over 21 of course) could enjoy this place.

• Turska's Profile Photo

McSorley's Ale House: Felt like a sardine in a tin at friday night!

by Turska Written Jun 24, 2014

We talked every day, how we should visit the place, but the days just went so fast, and before we knew, it was allready friday, and our last night. Even if it wasn´t so late (around 19 o´clock I think) the place was so full, I felt terrible! I don´t understand how did they let us in. The man at the door just pushed us in. When we found a little more place to stand (no hope for sitting down) at the back of the place, they came to say you can´t stand at the back. Oh my.. The place looks lovely, and they had good own beer (we only tried the dark one), but it is so full at weekend nights, that I really suggest you to visit some other day if possible. And maybe also earlier on the day.
    Too bad, wouldn have wanted to stay longer, but it was not possible.
    The prices were not expensive.

Dress Code: None

• Beer Tasting

• paddymc09's Profile Photo

McSorley's Ale House: old pub for NYC

by paddymc09 Written Jul 12, 2005

not much to eat here, but this place is kinda crazy! always packed when open with a nice mixed croud of people. only two beers on tap lite & dark.
    go with the lite, you get like 10 8oz beers for like $1.50 each.

Dress Code: none at all!!

• TRimer's Profile Photo

McSorley's Ale House: Just Beer

by TRimer Written Sep 7, 2002

This is a New York city landmark. They don't serve commercial beer or hard alcohol, only McSorley's own ale. Mugs of house-brand ale are served in pairs (like Twinkies) -- one light, one dark (with your eyes closed, they taste identical).

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

McSorley's Ale House: East Village Landmark Tavern

by TexasDave Written Mar 23, 2006

Serving beer since 1854!

This ale house serves beer and ale pretty much just like it did when it opened in 1854! A neat spot to visit and absorb the atmosphere of a vintage NYC Irish tavern.

Dress Code: Casual

• Beer Tasting

• sbassin's Profile Photo

McSorleys: Nutty Irish Pub

by sbassin Written Nov 21, 2002
    McSorley's

Beer here is served in 8 oz mugs, so most people have two or three in their hands at one time. Supposedly one of the oldest, if not THE oldest Irish pub in New York City.

Dress Code: Casual.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels