Radio City Music Hall, New York City

Know about this? Rate It!

• Radio City Music Hall
    by Dabs
    RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL
    by mindcrime
  • PORCUPINE TREE live at Radio City Music Hall
    PORCUPINE TREE live at Radio City Music...
    by mindcrime
  • mindcrime's Profile Photo

RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL: Radio City Music Hall

by mindcrime Written Oct 6, 2010

I new about it already, so many big names had played there in the past (Frank Zappa, Who etc). When I’ve heard that Porcupine Tree will play there we booked the tickets the same day.

The day of the concert we got out of the subway and walked towards the venue, it was amazing to see the neon lights (pic 1), we got inside and checked the amazing interior (pic 2), we bought a tshirt for souvenir and got our seats.

The concert was amazing (pic 3), the amazing prog band from UK played for 3 hours, actually 3 different sets, the first one was an unexpected acoustic show.

The sound quality really perfect, the only bad thing there was the expensive drinks ($9 for a beer?!)

RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL interior of RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL PORCUPINE TREE live at Radio City Music Hall
    • Music

• radio city music hall: Aretha Franklin Tickets, face value, March 21, 08

by royresnikoff Written Mar 1, 2008

Can't attend Aretha Franklin March 21, Friday night, concert. Two tickets, 2nd mess. behind sound table; $65 each plus $10 ticketmaster charge each ($150 cash). Call 858 454 1650 or e mail rresnikoff@ucsd.edu Will be in NYC on the 20th and can meet at hotel or radio city music hall for the ticket exchange. Thanks, Roy

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Radio City Music Hall: Kicking It!

by mrclay2000 Written Apr 13, 2005

The largest indoor theater in America opened in 1932, now boasting over 6,000 seats. The famous high-kicking Rockettes predate the building (having started in St Louis before coming here), but they only appear on the stage in the winter. Reckoned a masterpiece of Art Deco design, you can only see the interior by joining a tour or seeing a performance. Outside the building boasts its famous neon marquee and some interesting reliefs carved in the walls of the first and second stories. The stage now concentrates primarily on musical productions, concerts and other events.

Radio City Music Hall
    • Theater Travel

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Radio City Music Hall: Christmas Spectacular

by Dabs Updated Jan 15, 2005

Everyone said that you had to go see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular Show so I said what the heck and purchased a ticket. Radio City Music Hall is enormous (capacity is around 6,000) but the show fills the entire stage so I think it is better to be a little further back than close up.

I imagine for younger folks that it is a magical performance-the living nativity scene at the end with live animals including camels, the famous Rockettes performing their impressive kick line, a comical version of the Nutcracker and an ice skating rink.

And maybe for native New Yorkers it is a nostalgic trip down memory lane or an annual tradition but based on my personal preferences, I think I would have rather seen another Broadway musical. Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable performance and the Rockettes in their famous kick line formation is very impressive but I just wasn't as wowed as I thought I'd be.

There were ticket discounts out there for 2004, try either www.theatermania.com or www.broadwaybox.com which had a buy one get one free offer for non peak performances.

Refreshments and assorted souvenirs are available and you can bring refreshments into the theater.

One thing I was really surprised at was just how many people ignored the no flash photography rule, I found it really distracting, I can't even imagine how distracting the performers found it. Please, please, please, don't take flash photos!

• Theater Travel

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels