Sound Factory, New York City

618 West 46th St. New York, NY

Know about this? Rate It!

Danny Janet and myself. Pic by Geisha
    by cjg1
    No, we're not in San Francisco anymore
    by Geisha_Girl
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Sound Factory: All day party???

by cjg1 Written Jun 3, 2003

Danny Janet and myself.  Pic by Geisha

This is a multi level facility where you can see it all. Anything from the the next generation of breakdancers to the superdark trance filled chest thumping dance club scene.

Dress Code: Not much of one. Dress however you want. If you dont get in for what you are wearing I can name 4 VTers who will be very very surprised.

• Singles

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Sound Factory: Where the "Vampires of New York City" mingle!

by Geisha_Girl Updated May 27, 2003

No, we're not in San Francisco anymore

It's 4:30am and the party is just getting started at the Sound Factory.

Although my feet were aching from dancing at the Copa...once I stepped into the "Trance" scene with the state-of-the-art sound system, I couldn't resist the dancefloor!

The music gets your heart rate pumping and the lighting (albeit very DIM) puts you in a state of hypnosis and you can't sit down.

It's a multi-level dancefloor with a stage full of perfomers and another dancefloor that spins "old school" house for the resident new generation of "NYC Break Dancers" who take over the floor.

I must say, I was highly impressed with the amount of security they had at this place. Metal detectors, frisking security guards.....and very very strict rules on what you can bring inside.

Be forewarned: No cameras are allowed on the premises. If you have one on you....they take your batteries away and leave you to remember to pick them up before you leave!

Also, they confiscate your gum, mints, and any kind of "prescription" drugs!

So for anyone looking to "roll wit' it" inside, you're SOL........

Dress Code: No special dress code.

Anything goes at the Sound Factory

• Sound Factory: Never again. I value my life.

by atlantis_calling33 Updated Mar 8, 2004

It was Saturday night.

Your first clue you're in the wrong NYC club is the line. There is zero dress code and everyone wearing anything gets in. I need you to picture this for a second because it was ridiculous.

Your second clue is the pat down. I understand security completely, but I've never been that throughly checked by anyone since my last doctor's appointment. It should be a clue that they have either had serious problems in the past or are expecting serious problems that night. Don't even think about taking a purse or putting anything into it.

Your third clue is the pictures on the wall inside the club. If I want to see very graphic x-rated pictures, I'll go buy a book. Its a nightclub--even if you are there for a hook-up they don't have to throw it in your face every two seconds.

Your fourth clue is the bartenders. I asked if we had come on the right night and they started naming every other club in the city. No joke.

Your fifth clue is the people who are inside. It was something out of my worst club nightmare and I'm being nice. When we got out I couldn't find a taxi quick enough and I'm from DC!

I'm still in shock when I think back on this night because the website looked great! And it was a Saturday! What club sucks this bad on a Saturday??

Dress Code: Dress Code? I don't think this place has ever put those two words together.

Fine, don't get dressed up, but at least don't look like you're ready to throw down if someone says 'hi'. No offense but seriously it was bad. It was all nasty attitude and bad vibes.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Music

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels