Stout, New York City

133 W 33rd St (212) 629-6191

Know about this? Rate It!

Me & Ferni
    by Gypsystravels
    Carly & I at a men in kilt meeting..
    by cjg1
  • Stout
    by Gypsystravels
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Stout: Decent Pub Near Penn Station

by cjg1 Updated Sep 20, 2010

Laura, Liz, Ilko and I enjoying Stout

I've come here often to meet up with fellow Vters, friends or co workers. It's a busy place and normally jam packed with people. They have good service and decent food so I don't mind coming here. The menu is a mx of pub grub as well as more substantial fare. The beer menu is nice with selections from around the world.

My last visit here was with my wife, Laura and Ilko for some food and drinks. We sat at a nice table for four in the back; which was a quieter option for conversation. Liz and I had Spaten while Laura enjoyed her Bourbon and Coke (Ilko was onto plain Coke at this point). We split an order of mini burger and fried calamari while Ilko had a chicken sandwich with sweet potato fires. It was a fun time and we enjoyed some tasty grub.

Dress Code: Casual

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Stout NYC: Always a busy bar no matter what day you visit

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 12, 2010

Me & Ferni

I've been to Stout quite a few times and I can't get over how crowded and noisy it gets even on a Monday, but especially on Thursdays and Fridays. You can barely hear yourself talk, let alone carry a meaningful conversation with someone else.

Usually if I am in the area I'll stop by for a few beers and occassionally get something to eat here. I've eat here a few times and Ferni usually orders his chicken tenders and I'll get their mini sliders.

They do have a large selection of beer on tap or bottle, which seems to be a huge draw here.

If you like the loud bar scene then you'll be right at home.

• Beer Tasting

• magdalena2007's Profile Photo

Stout - Sports Bar: Sports bar....

by magdalena2007 Written Jan 18, 2008

This is the only bar/restaurant that i know of in NYC that is packed 7 days a week.

It's located near Madison Square Gardon so it get's really busy when there is a game or a show on in MSG.

the bar has three levels, bottom level is usually for private parties and dinners. They mid level (street level) is a huge bar whith plenty of TV's to watch the games. The upper level has restaurant seating, with of course, large TV's just so you don't miss the game.

i try to avoide going out for drinks around times square and 34th street becasue of all the tourst traps but this is as local as it gets in a touristy location.

The food is bar food but really good. The atmosphere is fun and loud.

Dress Code: None what's so ever... just bring your a game and your love for the sports.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

Stout: Good All Purpose Bar

by Paul2001 Written Sep 25, 2007

Stout

I went to Stout after my Yankee Game experience. This was largely because it was close to my hotel but I also read that it was a good bar. It did not disappoint as I found the place to be quite satisfactory for after sport drinking and eating. It also serves as after work bar for the locals. The bar is huge and it the sort of place you will always find a seat. There are also more than a few flat screen TVs here so it was a pretty good sports bar. Finally on weekends there is entertainment and a cover charge. Most of the time they play Celtic music. This is probably because it has pretentions of being an Irish Bar but so does every third bar in America these days.
    On my second trip into Stout I had a pretty decent burger. The staff here was friendly and helpful with regards to some questions I had about New York. A good place for tourists and locals alike to visit.

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels