Terra Blues, New York City

Know about this? Rate It!

Live Music at Terra Blues
  • davequ's Profile Photo

Terra Blues: Old style rhythm & blues

by davequ Updated Aug 14, 2010

I met a guitar player
    Sept. '05 at a soulfood buffet in Harlem who over lunch told me he plays every week at a club on Bleecker St. in Greenwich Village, Terra Blues.

My buddy & old drummer Roger and I hoofed it down later in the week to check it out, and the joint was rockin'

Here's a taste:
    Michael Powers Blues BandPacked to the max with local legitimate fully-oiled blueshounds & regulars, Terra Blues is the real deal.
    Michael Powers rocked the house with a loud but tasteful 3-piece group, playing old standards like "Killin' Floor" and just about every other good rock/blues tune I know, and he played 'em well.

Michael plays both acoustic and electric sets on Monday & Friday night but lots of other good groups play every night as well. On some thursday nights famous name musicians headline or drop by and sit in.

These are not lame phony-wannabes, these are real musicians that have studied & played the blues all their lives and it shows when they take the stage.

Some of the best blues you will ever hear in one of the greatest cities and NY village settings. Definitely worth it.

Michael, thanks for everything. I will never forget your open friendly hospitality.
    When you comin' to Colorado?

Dress Code: laid back, dress-down casual

Here's all the poop: Terra Blues 411

Terra Blues Upstairs Michael Powers Michael plays acoustic at Terra on Monday nites Michael Powers  Friday night 9/29/06

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Terra Blues: great blues concerts

by PALLINA Updated Jul 16, 2009

We entered "Blue Note" to ask for infos and realized that concerts cost at least 35 usd. After, in a nice instruments shop, the assistant told us about this place, where blues is played every night and entrance fee is zero or not very expensive (we paid 5 usd for the entrance and 6 usd for a draft bier). We had a fantastic blues concert and a great time. Visit their web site for their program.

Dress Code: no special dress code required

Live Music at Terra Blues
    • Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

TERRA BLUES: I’ve got the blues, babe

by mindcrime Written Aug 5, 2008

Another great small blues venue at Greenwich Village. They have many blues concerts every night starting from the afternoon with some unknown bands and acoustic shows.

I went there to see the legendary MAGIC SLIM & The Teardrops! The old bluesman was great and we couldn’t stop moving our heads to the rhythm. The place was packed of locals and some tourists and everyone had a great night. The ticket costed $20 and we just bought it an hour before the show so this was we had the opportunity to choose a table near the stage. The main candle-lit room has the tables and there is a bar just in case you wont get there early. The famous artists usually play on Thursdays.

Draught beers cost 6-8 dollars, bottle beers 6-10 dollars, and special drinks $12 The club is at the second floor so watch out to see the stair!

at TERRA BLUES... MAGIC SLIM at TERRA BLUES

Instant Answers: New York City

Comments

View all New York City hotels